Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #991
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Had my first day of teaching at the new job.

Love it, I'm and trying not to dwell on all the work I am facing as a long term sub, but I must carry on as the real teacher and do real teacher stuff.

Wish the pay was that of a real teacher, see how they get you.

Marita that puppy was so cute!

Moo, tough to think about, I know. Even after 16 years, my dad is still on my mind daily.

It has been snowing sideways for three days over here, glad it is not sticking.

Weekend almost here!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #992
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

morning everyone..

the sun is up and we are in the range for another Nor'easter for Saturday into Sunday...what goes...that little gopher must of made a mistake...but six weeks isnt finished yet I know...ROFL..

Glad that you are getting settled into your new teaching assignment...you will do great and I am sure that the district will keep you on the premanent list for teaching...
Today my daughter and her husband (yes both) are going for MRI's at the hospital...my son in law needs one for his dislocated shoulder (he was playing senior hockey and they are rough) ...and he has to be sedated because he is claustrophobic...and my daughter was injured on her knee (again) from one of her students holding him down.....they think she tore her things that hold her knee up there...so they are having his and her date at the MRI station...ROFl..

Hope you all have a great day...and thanks for my friends prayers...she got home after two surgerys yesterday and will probably be uncomfortable for a few more days...

next week my daddy has been gone since 1980...still can hear his voice if I close my eyes and remember him...he was the best daddy ever...

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #993
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Pumba-- prayers for your friends speedy recovery.

After having the stomach bug last week this week we are down again , at least Nicholas and I are. He has strep throat and I have a mega head cold. Sinus headaches to boot. I'm sure we will give it to the other two and it will come around again.

It is hubby's birthday today too. I did manage to make a big chocolate chip cookie , Hannah put the icing on it if for me this morning. He wanted lasnaga , had one in the freezer so he had a good birthday. We got him a gold ring that said DAD on it. He turned the big 50 so we wanted him to remember this one.

Good thing you can't get my germs though the computer. I'm blaming it on the weather even though I know it is other people that made us sick.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #994
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Nab, sorry your are all sick.

Pumba, my dad passed away in 81, but I still hear him saying while driving
"stay in you lane". Lane crossing causes the most accidents.

I am puppy sitting all day tomorrow by myself. Not sure I am ready for it, LOL.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #995
Minnie_Moo
Moos-keteer
We decided to do it up right at the World
We can make OUR OWN RULES for the week!

Nabbie - Sorry to hear you're sick again but it sounds like you were able to have a nice 50th birthday celebration for your hubby!

Super busy week for me at work this week. I just vegged all day trying to recuperate!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #996
monymony3471

Tomorrow Zack makes his confirmation. Such a huge milestone over here.

Was reading ahead and they are calling for a pretty good snow storm Tuesday into Wednesday and 6+ inches for my area. That could close schools due to dirt roads.

Sore from falling yesterday I did a pretty good back smack on the concrete and my head bounced off the sidewalk. My back is ok, its the neck. I must have been tense and the springing of the head must have played havoc on my neck muscles.

Never a dull moment, geesh!

Have a good Sunday. God bless!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #997
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

morning...

woke up to the dreaded white stuff...I hate snow but you already knew that...rofl..so far about five or six inches....and it is the wet heavy stuff...

Last night had our daughter and son in law over for Lasagna and bread from the bread machine...that stuff is mega good...I mean awesome..nothing like smelling the yeast part of the bread baking...this machine is old...have had it for over ten years...but I only make bread once in a while now...cause I would eat it all..hahaha..

My friend is recouping ...she is very sore ..like someone beat her up...but she is doing better..

My daughter gets her results from her MRI tomorrow and her hsuband gets his on tuesday...she got injured (AGAIN) from holding a student that was out of control...her ed tech was not in the room at the time and she had to hold him down and also call on the walkie talkies for help...they came fast but her knee was under her...so another injury on top of the one from two years ago..hopefully it isnt torn...if it is then surgery is on the horizon for it..

Marita...I love your grandpup...he is adorable ...what is the name chosen for this baby..??

Guess I should go and do the morning clean up...have a good day my friends..

Old 02-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #998
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

Rise and Shine and give God your Glory glory...Rise and Shine...

Morning Peeps...guess what....We are in the 10-14 inch range for another ...YES YET ANOTHER...snow storm....I am ready to move south for at least three of the winter months...I was thinking right after Christmas into the middle or the end of March...what do you think...how about three months of NO SNOW...big sigh here...~~~ I shall dream this month for it to go fast..

Hope you are all okey and having a nice Tuesday..

Old 02-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #999
NAB

Mony-- How did the Confirmation go? We had our last parent meeting last night and picked our date. Hannah wanted it on her birthday so May 18th it is. She did her First Holy Communion on her birthday as well.

Pumba-- was wondering if you were getting all that snow too. We have it mild here for the last few days but are unsure if all that snow that is coming our way from Kanas is going to be snow or rain. I am hoping for rain. The weather man was laughing because you guys are always saying we are sending cold air down but this year all our snow and cold has come from you....

I am still battling with this cold. It won't go away. Now a cough is added to so now I can't sleep well. Trying to flush it out with water but it is not working.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #1000
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

Oh Nab....I am too laughing...My daddy whose dad (my grandfather) always said the cold weather and snow comes from his ancesters....Pepere said that from the time I was little...now we have to blame Georgia ...cause all that moisture is coming from them and then up to us and over to you...makes me chuckle..

we are in the 14 inch range...YUCK...but this is spring snow...so spring is right around the corner..

Watching for tomorrows last day with our Pope...I remember watching when our other Pope passed away...watching the window and the curtain ..they are so elderly that they really cant perform as an ambassador to all the other Catholic Countries...

Hope you all have a great day today and the remainder of Feb...Tomorrow our baby turns 41...she is such a great daughter to have..same with our son..we have been blessed ...

Old 02-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #1001
monymony3471

Zack's Confirmation went great. So proud of him and the 75 others who were Confirmed.

Today I got a call from another building principal in the district asking me to be the math tutor. It would be in the mornings and I'd be able to do both assignments.

So happy!

It's been sleeting for an hour and I am at dance with Maddy, should suck driving home.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:23 AM   #1002
NAB

Mony-- That's great! Nice to see you so happy.

We had a snow day yesterday. It was really a messy day. Rain, then snow back to rain made very heavy shoveling. This morning it is snowing and looks like a winter wonderland out there. All nice and white and clean compared to yesterdays slush.

No snow day today though. Kids were hoping for two in a row.

Hubby is home today so at least he can snowblow. I did all the heavy stuff yesterday. Hubby was mad I didn't make Nicholas or wait but I a stubborn and wanted it done before it got worse.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #1003
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

hello...how goes it everyone..

Today it is overcast but NO SNOW...we have had it with the totals...Feb was high ...almost 50 inches for the month..of course our 27 inch snow fall, then the 12 and then finally the heavy 9.5..was high for us...they also added the other smaller clippers..

Kt got all her rotations that she wanted...they start the monday after we get back from Disney...she is happy as a clam...Next Feb she has to decide if she wants to do a residency ..if she does that ...she grads a year from may...then she takes her boards and then starts a residency program like doctors do...She has to think hard...

I think today we shall go shopping for a new light for this computer room...and then go and look at some bathing suits...my cup runneth over in the ones I have...and I am going to be 65..so need to wear appropriate suits...and also my granddaughter and her fiance...said NO FANNY packs in Disney...so bought two regular hipster Vera Bradley pocketbooks...I have a mini hipster but it would not be enough to hold my little purse, phone, and snack...I need to carry one when I am in the parks...you burn more sugar off when you are WALKING...and boy do we walk...I am so excited...we are in the 60s now...YIPPEE...

Hope you all have a great day

Old 03-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #1004
NAB

Pumba-- That is great about your granddaughter. It is nice when kids know what they want and achieve it.

I rarely wear a bathing suit. I do have one though. Would hate shopping for one that is for sure.

Nicholas started his new job today. It is Youth in Policing. He got a police badge and everything. They told them if they ever want to become a police officer or work in any of there departments they will always have that number. They also told the parents today after 14 weeks we will have new children. It is all about teaching them leadership and youth working with the police in the community. It should be good for him and he gets paid to do this too even better. Just more driving for me since it is a half hour away.

Hannah got on the Honour Roll at school so she is happy. She worked hard for it. Now if Nicholas would do the same with his school work. Before you know it he will be done high school.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #1005
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

I just dont want to look like an ol' bag in a young persons swim suit...I do have a big gutt and my uppers need to be held back...catch my drift...so one my husband said to try on..cause it reminded him of Port Orleans French Quarter...go figure that one out...well anyways...it was SOOOOOOOO risque...the middle of the front went down MUCH to low and I thought omg this is NOT RIGHT...hahaha...so I got one that has a little skirt too...it fits good..and JC Penny isnt as expensive as the first suits I bought there years ago..now they are going for 45...
Nab...why dont you buy a suit and go swimming...I figured when we went to Disney that first time many years ago...that I would never see any of these peeps again...so it didnt matter...but now I know what NOT to look like...I do like my pool iin the back yard too...

Have a good night and tell Nick that cops need to have good grades too so work hard to go to police academy...I am sure he loves his new job too...Tell hannah wayyyyyyyyy to go girl...

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: