Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #601
TK27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Here now no RFID bracelets. They are talking late spring right from the senior cast members mouth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Not yet, they will be phased in across property though. I seem to recall AKL might be one of the first hotels to get them? Port Orleans won't be until maybe May time though, although a lot depends on how the final testing goes (it's already been pushed back a month or so). There are still some teething problems with the touch-to-pay terminals for example - and if you only have a wristband, I guess there's no manual 'swipe' backup option any more.

When they do arrive though, if you've pre-registered online they will come already boxed up ready for your whole room - and everyone will have their own individually named bands. Super cute!

Of course, with the probability of no turnstiles any more very soon, I wonder how they'll count people back out of the parks...?

Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
The wristbands aren't out yet. Keep an eye on the theme park board as there will be a bazillion threads about it when they are finally spotted...
Thanks for the information. We'll be arriving May 24, I'm kind of hoping they're rolled out by then.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #602
alhurricane
DisDads #733

Quote:
Here now no RFID bracelets. They are talking late spring right from the senior cast members mouth!
Will be watching closely since we will be there in late May/early June. It could be quite the learning curve for first timers like ourselves. Glad I follow this board!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #603
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the info will have to keep an eye out for this.

Quote:
Not yet, they will be phased in across property though. I seem to recall AKL might be one of the first hotels to get them? Port Orleans won't be until maybe May time though, although a lot depends on how the final testing goes (it's already been pushed back a month or so). There are still some teething problems with the touch-to-pay terminals for example - and if you only have a wristband, I guess there's no manual 'swipe' backup option any more.

When they do arrive though, if you've pre-registered online they will come already boxed up ready for your whole room - and everyone will have their own individually named bands. Super cute!

Of course, with the probability of no turnstiles any more very soon, I wonder how they'll count people back out of the parks...?

Andre
I think this is actually super cool! I hope we get to try them out in May!
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 03-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #604
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC423 View Post
I think this is actually super cool! I hope we get to try them out in May!
Another thing I just remembered is that you can have multiple magicbands (e.g. if you buy a new themed one later) and you can easily activate new ones via your online account. You will apparently even be able to switch them around if you wish, but only one can be your 'active' band at any given time.

What's the betting that Disney want these things to become the next Vinylmation, with special collectible and limited-edition versions being released before too long?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #605
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
What's the betting that Disney want these things to become the next Vinylmation, with special collectible and limited-edition versions being released before too long?

Andre
Ya think??

I'm surprised they haven't figured out a way you can put your favorite pins on them...
Old 03-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #606
916chipndale
You've got a friend in me It all started by a mouse

When the bands come out, are they completely getting rid of the Key to the World card? I know nothing is official yet, but we are going in the summer and have just heard out about this idea.
2005-Beach Club Resort
2007-All Star Movies Resort
2008-Polynesian Resort
December 2010-All Star Sports Resort
Old 03-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #607
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916chipndale
When the bands come out, are they completely getting rid of the Key to the World card? I know nothing is official yet, but we are going in the summer and have just heard out about this idea.
I'll be sad to see the KTTW cards go away. My son has a collection of every KTTW, DL AP, and DCL card he has ever gotten.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #608
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916chipndale View Post
When the bands come out, are they completely getting rid of the Key to the World card?
You will still be able to opt for a traditional-style plastic keycard if you prefer (which will also need to be RFID-enabled so you can still use it to pay, get into parks, etc).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #609
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

I'm an AP holder and would love to try the bands! Does POR now have the door locks where you just tap it with the card?

The other question I had has to do with me flipping through the Unofficial Guide to WDW last night. It said that the river view rooms in PP look at the river, but also the parking lot on the other side. Is this an exaggeration? Are there at least some trees/vegetation between the river and the parking lot?
Old 03-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #610
MomAndrea
Mouseketeer

Can you take bracelet off, say to sleep, and put them back on? My 10 yr old has some sensory issues and won't love the bracelet but will have a very difficult time sleeping with it on.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #611
ckrisie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomAndrea
Can you take bracelet off, say to sleep, and put them back on? My 10 yr old has some sensory issues and won't love the bracelet but will have a very difficult time sleeping with it on.
Yes. You do not have to sleep with them on. From my understanding you dont have to wear them all the time in the parks. You may just have to pull them out when needed.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #612
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhurricane View Post
Will be watching closely since we will be there in late May/early June. It could be quite the learning curve for first timers like ourselves. Glad I follow this board!
I was thinking the same thing. We'll be there the first week of June, and it sounds like they might still be in the 'working out the kinks' phase at that point.

Quote:

Andre
My thoughts exactly! Any chance to make someone buy more (Although, I'll totally be suckered into that group if the basic color they automatically send you is 'ugly.' )
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 03-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #613
916chipndale
You've got a friend in me It all started by a mouse

Quote:
You will still be able to opt for a traditional-style plastic keycard if you prefer (which will also need to be RFID-enabled so you can still use it to pay, get into parks, etc).

Andre
That's good to hear, I just don't want to keep taking on/off a wristband.
2005-Beach Club Resort
2007-All Star Movies Resort
2008-Polynesian Resort
December 2010-All Star Sports Resort
Old 03-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #614
MomAndrea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckrisie

Yes. You do not have to sleep with them on. From my understanding you dont have to wear them all the time in the parks. You may just have to pull them out when needed.
Thank you!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #615
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
I'm an AP holder and would love to try the bands! Does POR now have the door locks where you just tap it with the card?

The other question I had has to do with me flipping through the Unofficial Guide to WDW last night. It said that the river view rooms in PP look at the river, but also the parking lot on the other side. Is this an exaggeration? Are there at least some trees/vegetation between the river and the parking lot?
I was at POP and POR last weekend and they both have the RFID doors.

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: