Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #2431
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
We arrived yesterday and the GF is really nice. Just as nice if not nicer than I remember it being over 10 years ago. The construction doesn't bother us, but the pool walls are still up and the beach is blocked off completely. I will take some pictures today/tomorrow and post them.

We were also upgraded from our standard room to a club level king bedroom suite at no charge. It is my girlfriend's birthday week and I asked how much it would cost to upgrade when we arrived. They came back with free!

Needless to say, the staff is very accommodating and nice.
Congrats on major pixie dust, I guess we might be neighbors I hope to see you and other Dis'ers

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

Old 03-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #2432
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

19 weeks from today our family will be at the GF. We booked through AAA. Yesterday I received some type of offer in the mail direct from Disney. My TA called Disney to see what the offer was. No offer available and it was for the dates indicated on the advertisement from Disney and at the time we are at the GF.

Still no discount on our trip, yet. Keeping fingers crossed!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #2433
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
19 weeks from today our family will be at the GF. We booked through AAA. Yesterday I received some type of offer in the mail direct from Disney. My TA called Disney to see what the offer was. No offer available and it was for the dates indicated on the advertisement from Disney and at the time we are at the GF.

that's odd. if i were you i would absolutely call disney myself to inquire. perhaps the deal is only good if you book through disney.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #2434
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina

I didn't have a discount on my trip until about 30 days out. I was freaking out . The wait was worth it. I got 35% room discount! Yay! I would call yourself. What did the offer say?

Old 03-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #2435
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

I was asking dh today what he thought. In 2015 (so far away, I know!!) we are going to go for Christmas decorations and party. I was thinking the first weekend of December. I asked if we should rent points and go to blt, or stay at one of the other monorail hotels. He said, whichever has the best Christmas decorations. Gf it is!!! Yay!! For a long weekend, and doing the party I would prefer to be on the monorail. That guy knows me too well . Plus, I need to experience all of gf since last time we were there the whole darn place was under construction!!

Old 03-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #2436
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Beach Walls?

Does anyone know if the walls will be down for August?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 03-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #2437
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
I didn't have a discount on my trip until about 30 days out. I was freaking out . The wait was worth it. I got 35% room discount! Yay! I would call yourself. What did the offer say?
The offer said call the WDW number on the card and indicate this offer code for a savings on dates July 1 to July 31. We will be at the GF on July 16 to July 23.

Last year we did get a discount on our room. I think it was offered in May before our final payment was due. Any savings will help at this point!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:00 AM   #2438
cgulls
Mouseketeer

pool?

Does anybody have any photos or reports about the progress on the Courtyard Pool? The last I saw (onliine), the concrete was being poured inside the pool and the deck area was still dirt.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #2439
cgulls
Mouseketeer

laundry

Hello,

Somebody posted on another thread that laundry machines now can use a card (I assume credit card not KttW card?) instead of coins. Is that the case at GF, too? Thanks.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #2440
thisismyusername
DIS Veteran

We're very excited: just booked one night only at the GF. Our flight got moved, so we added on a day at the start of our trip. Initially, we were going to stay at POR before we pop over to BC to start our package, but we decided that it would be a great opportunity to check out the Grand Floridian, which we have always wanted to do. We also rented a pool cabana for our arrival day from 10-2 (let's hope our flight and ME is on time as our flight touches down at 9:15 and I don't want to miss much more than a half hour). We're so excited to have reservations at Narcoossee's for that evening, too!

Any tips that anyone can share? We booked this totally on a whim and without knowing much about the resort. Obviously, we won't be there very long: We know we'll be poolside from 10:30ish to 2. Where would you recommend we get lunch from (hopefully some place that we can eat poolside?) Following that, we're going to go to the MK for a few hours before we need to pop back to shower and get ready for dinner at Narcoossee's at 7:30. The kids will probably be ready for bed following dinner since our flight is so early, but my husband and I are hoping to find a spot somewhere where we can watch the fireworks from the resort. Any suggestions? Is there a place where you can get a drink and sit and see Wishes? In the morning, we'll be headed out for breakfast at Kona and then to check out and head over to the BC--I hope it's not too hard to leave!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #2441
Sue M
DIS Veteran

We did the same thing and booked GF for 2 nights before going over to YC
I know you can see Wishes from the boat dock, and Narccoossees' I've heard so far the beach is still closed but I hope it will be open by Aug. I'm not sure if you can see Wishes from the beach at GF. We could when we stayed at Poly. And Electric Water Parade too.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 03-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #2442
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Does anyone know if the walls will be down for August?

Hi All!!!!! We may be there in August...for my birthday too so I am drooling over GF pics on a windy, stormy day

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 03-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #2443
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130

Hi All!!!!! We may be there in August...for my birthday too so I am drooling over GF pics on a windy, stormy day
Pas~ coming back to the grand?! We will be back in June/July. So excited!
Stay safe~ we better have school tomorrow!

Cynthia
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 03-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #2444
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Pas~ coming back to the grand?! We will be back in June/July. So excited!
Stay safe~ we better have school tomorrow!

Cynthia
I think we are Hope so!!! So excited the whole "no CL" isn't a worry...just happy to be at the Grand

k&a&c'smomIs our lovely GF hostess planning away at that wedding??? She is missed here

I've been MIA from this thread since we lost junglecruiser...so sorry to my GF buddies

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 03-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #2445
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I think we are Hope so!!! So excited the whole "no CL" isn't a worry...just happy to be at the Grand

k&a&c'smomIs our lovely GF hostess planning away at that wedding??? She is missed here

I've been MIA from this thread since we lost junglecruiser...so sorry to my GF buddies
Is that where kacsmom's been? LOL

I hear you about this thread, kinda wierd without JC here. But, glad someone broke the silence so I could respond. Thanks pas.

Hopefully we'll be planning a GF trip this year. Doing very well and gaining strength every day. Miracles abound but somewhat bittersweet. Love you all.

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: