DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #16
disney212
DIS Veteran

To the OP, at the first opportunity please email the most unromantic person I know and tell them this is how you treat your wife on an anniversary, my DH. Seriously, all of these sound great. Don't forget about ordering room service for breakfast in bed!
disney212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #17
cubfans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney212
To the OP, at the first opportunity please email the most unromantic person I know and tell them this is how you treat your wife on an anniversary, my DH. Seriously, all of these sound great. Don't forget about ordering room service for breakfast in bed!
I am a work in process. I still hear about the 10th anniversary gift I gave my wife......a garbage disposal. Seemed like a good idea at the time. I have learned over the years that Home Depot is off limits when shopping for my bride. Happy wife = happy life
cubfans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #18
BuffaloJim
Mouseketeer

Here's the present itinerary for my 20th anniversary. It will probably change, since it is a year and a half away. I just have to talk my wife into it. I keep telling her she's not happy enough for "The Happiest Place on Earth" WDW just doesn't thrill her. I may have to find a new wife. The first three nights will be spent at the GF and we'll be on the platinum plan. The next two nights will be at one of the DVC resorts - probably OKW.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

To begin the most “fantastical” twentieth anniversary ever, we’ll fly into MCO, and somehow find ourselves “Magically Expressed” to the “Happiest Place on Earth”, where we’ll check in to the Grand Floridian Hotel, Disney’s finest resort.

We’ll be having lunch at the Grand Floridian Café. This peaceful Victorian setting is just the place to sample their famous Grand Floridian Burger. Poached lobster and prosciutto atop Angus chuck. Okay, you can have the orange glazed salmon salad instead. Either way, it’s a great start to the vacation.

After lunch, it’s time to rejuvenate our minds and bodies in Senses, their world class spa. I think dueling massages are in order.

I know you’ve been dying to see Circ du Soleil for years, so we’re off to Downtown Disney for the early show.

Right after the show, we’re heading back to the Grand Floridian because dinner is at Narcoossee’s. Seafood may dominate the menu, but the real “star” here is the location. The restaurant looks out over the Seven Seas Lagoon, and presents a great place to view the Magic Kingdom’s fireworks.

Wednesday, July 2

Wake up early. We’re at Disney World and that means character breakfasts in the morning. Mickey is running the show over at the Contemporary in the place that bears his name, Chef Mickey’s. How else could we spend our first morning?

We’ll be seeing Disney from a new perspective on the Backstage Magic tour. It’s Disney “behind the scenes.” Just how do they turn a few amusement parks into the “Happiest Place on Earth”? After the tour, we’ll probably know. The secret world behind the “Magic” is ours to discover.

Lunch is on the tour at the Wilderness Lodge’s Whispering Canyon Café. Don’t forget to order the ketchup!

It’s time to get dressed up because our big twentieth anniversary dinner is at Victoria & Albert’s. V&A’s is the most formal dining option in all of Disney. Jackets required, kids not allowed. It’s also the most expensive, but everyone who’s eaten there agrees it’s worth the price of admission.

Thursday, July 3

Can you have too many character breakfasts? I don’t think so. We’re spending the day in Epcot, so breakfast will be at Norway’s Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. It’s Norwegian food, with some American tastes tossed in for the less adventurous. It’s served in a castle and all of Disney’s princesses will be there. I know you can’t wait.

It’s time to get up close and personal with a playful dolphin as we experience Disney’s Dolphins in Depth. First, we’ll explore the backstage areas and learn about the research being conducted at Epcot’s Living Seas pavilion. Then we’ll enter into waist deep water to interact with the dolphins. Be nice to them though because they alone determine the amount of interaction you’ll get.

We’re having lunch at Canada’s Le Cellier. It’s fine dining in the belly of a luxurious Wine Cellar. Get there at the right time and we can help them sing “Oh Canada!”

Our afternoon will be spent touring Epcot’s World Showcase. We can visit the whole world in just a few hours. Amazing

For dinner we’re going to France’s Monsieur Paul. Like I’ve told you, it’s just as good as dining in Paris itself, only our servers should be happier and friendlier. And while Paul Bocuse may be the man behind this restaurant, I don’t think we’ll be dining with the chef himself.

Friday, July 4

It’s the Fourth of July and it’s going to be Supercalifragilistic! What better way to start the day off than to spend the morning with Mary Poppins at 1900 Park Fare. It should be “practically perfect in every way!”

It’s time to experience the “future of personal transportation”, as we do the Keep Moving Forward Epcot Segway Tour. I’m really looking forward to this. A Segway is one of those two-wheeled transporters that you stand up on while riding. This should be a fantastic experience. You better enjoy it.

Grab a quick bite to eat in the World Showcase, but don’t eat too much because we’re going to be swimming in the afternoon.
It’s time to put your bathing suit back on, as we’re going to do the Epcot Seas Aqua Tour. First we’ll tour the aquarium and learn about their facilities and marine life. Then we’ll dive right in and swim with the fish.

It’s time to take a leisurely stroll over to the Yacht & Beach Club because dinner is at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. When we were on our honeymoon, I told myself I wanted to stay at the Yacht Club someday, not even bothering to go to the parks – just eating and relaxing. A stay at the resort will have to wait, but we can certainly enjoy a fine meal here.

After dinner, let’s board a boat to view the Fourth of July Illuminations fireworks show from the middle of the World Showcase Lagoon while enjoying a Dazzling Fireworks Cruise.

Saturday, July 5

There’s no rest for the weary, because breakfast is at the Tusker House in the Animal Kingdom. How about another character breakfast? After all, it’s just not a complete trip to Disney without sharing a couple of meals with Donald, Mickey, and Goofy. And since it’s the Animal Kingdom, they’re all dressed up in their safari gear. This also gets us into the park, where we’ll be spending the morning.

After breakfast, we’re heading into some of the undeveloped areas of Disney’s Harambe Reserve for the Wild Africa Trek. Haven’t you always wanted to make it to “Deepest Africa”? This will have to do. Disney’s animal experts will show us hippos, crocs, giraffes, elephants, and other wild animals, all in their natural habitat. Finally, we’ll conclude the tour with a "Taste of Africa" experience where we can continue to view the animals from a special private safari camp above the savanna.

After lunch, you can shop to your heart’s content in Downtown Disney. Plus let’s hop on Characters in Flight, a hot air balloon, and check out the “World” from 400 feet in the air. Of course, for safety reasons, Disney’s balloon is filled with helium.

Dinner will be at Wolfgang Puck’s Dining Room. Puck has four places to eat in Downtown Disney. This is his fine dining establishment. Apparently, it can be pretty loud for fine dining (but then again, it is Disney World), but the food is supposed to be very fresh and very good. Don’t expect to see Wolfgang there.

Sunday, July 6

No character breakfast this morning. Instead, we’re heading to Downtown Disney for the Rollicking Raglan Sunday Brunch. Singing, dancing, and munching. I would expect at least one of us to be up on stage doing an Irish Jig. Maybe not.

OK, I think we’ve had enough fun. It’s time to fly home.
BuffaloJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #19
Husurdady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubfans View Post
My wife and I have celebrated our 10th, 15th and next year our 25th anniversary at WDW. I am not the most creative when it comes to romantic getaways, so I am asking for some ideas to make this a Magical vacation for the most wonderful wife, and mother of 3 that a man could ever dream of. She always puts herself second, so I would love to make her #1 for at least a few days. She deserves the best so don't hold back....especially you ladies. I have until June 2014 to prepare.
Season tickets to go see Cubbie-Blue.
Ps.......I am working on our 45th in May. All kiddin' aside ,take her on a Disney cruise.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #20
Husurdady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubfans View Post
Happy wife = happy life
You meant to say;
WHEN MAMA IS HAPPY.....EVERYONE IS HAPPY
Old 03-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #21
SamSam

DIS Veteran

BuffaloJim - Love everything you have planned. I may send your itinerary to DH...because he would never do that much planning. To be fair though, I've always done all the planning for our trips and he wouldn't even know where to start.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: