Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 06:02 AM   #3331
Tammi67
1st to out the Tag Fairy as the real celeb
I'd definitely choose the swirl

Elin, please wish Bob a happy belated birthday from me!
Tammi67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #3332
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Hi, everyone! I'm finally back up and around. Last week, the pinched nerve kept getting worse and worse. I was flat on my back from Wednesday night until Monday morning. I'm finally starting to be able to turn my neck!

Elin - Wish Bob a happy belated birthday from me!

Tia - I'm glad that Terra was feeling better for her special day.

Anne Marie - Hope you all are feeling better. It's hard to plan family vacations in the off season as the kids get older, huh? Sigh!

Terry - I'm thinking of you and Hal! Saw your update on facebook. If you want to talk more about the shots, PM me!

Have a great day, everyone!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #3333
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

Glynis, I'm glad that you are back up and around, and I hope that your neck doesn't give you any more trouble.

There isn't too much new around here. We are completely done with science fair! Now I need to get him to finish up his author project/display for next week.

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #3334
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Good afternoon, DDA!

I just wanted to let you all know that I have a WDW vacation planned. The major change in this planning is that it does not include Bob!

A friend has a studio booked at OKW the last week of April/beginning of May and asked if I would consider joining her. After a lot of discussion with Bob we agreed on a 2 night/3 day trip for me. I am, of course, the one most concerned. But I am well aware that it is time for me to let my Daddy Bird have some freedom. I bet he will love not having me here!!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #3335
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

I'm looking for a design...and I have no idea where I've seen it. Probably someone's travel agent website. LOL It's similar to the Four Parks logo, but black and white and not in the squares - shows the castle, tree, hat and Spaceship Earth in a row... Anyone familiar with that one? I can go hunting through the DISign threads tonight so don't go digging for me, but thought if someone had one in their own arsenal already...

ETA: I found what I was looking for, now I just have to piece them together. Marion has a few designs that might work. :-)

Last edited by yellowfish78; 02-27-2013 at 08:59 PM.
yellowfish78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #3336
Tammi67
1st to out the Tag Fairy as the real celeb
I'd definitely choose the swirl

Congrats on the trip Elin! I have been looking at dates and prices and wanting to get down for the new additions to the flower/garden festival, but with middle school it just isn't happening. This vacationing only during holiday breaks and summer is for the birds! Tell Bob he can text me if he needs anything.
Tammi67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #3337
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammi67 View Post
Congrats on the trip Elin! I have been looking at dates and prices and wanting to get down for the new additions to the flower/garden festival, but with middle school it just isn't happening. This vacationing only during holiday breaks and summer is for the birds! Tell Bob he can text me if he needs anything.
I will, Tammi. Thanks!

Old 02-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #3338
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good afternoon, DDA!

For those not on facebook: Vicky and Chuck could use your thoughts right now for Chuck's family. One of his aunt's just died (I think i got that right).

And Debbie has decided on an additional surgery.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #3339
bear74
DIS Veteran

Elin Congrats on the Trip and enjoy.
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #3340
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear74 View Post
Elin Congrats on the Trip and enjoy.
Thanks, Jennifer!

Old 03-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #3341
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good afternoon, DDA!

Today I am meeting an out of town DIS friend who is in the area on business for lunch. A small Disney fix!

Old 03-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #3342
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

Looks like a ghost town around here, congrats on the trip Elin. Sorry I missed wishing Bob a Happy Birthday.

After several different attempts at improving the issues with my foot the decision has been made to do a revision, which is what the call it when they have to go back in and fix a previous surgery. He thinks scar tissue is a big part of the problem but he won't know exactly what is going on until he gets in there.

He did try a corrtizone shot that helped a great deal, but it wore off on our disney trip last month, and things went south from there.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #3343
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHeg
Looks like a ghost town around here, congrats on the trip Elin. Sorry I missed wishing Bob a Happy Birthday.

After several different attempts at improving the issues with my foot the decision has been made to do a revision, which is what the call it when they have to go back in and fix a previous surgery. He thinks scar tissue is a big part of the problem but he won't know exactly what is going on until he gets in there.

He did try a corrtizone shot that helped a great deal, but it wore off on our disney trip last month, and things went south from there.
I sure hope this can help you, Debbie. I know it has been a terrible time for you.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #3344
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good afternoon, DDA!

Old 03-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #3345
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Morning, all!

Debbie - I surely hope this surgery does the trick for you! You've been in pain for far too long!!!

Elin - How fun to have an impromptu trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Tammi - I hear ya on the trip thing. It's so hard to take kids out of school once they hit middle school/junior high! Sometimes I think I can't wait for the kids to be gone so Alan and I can travel without worrying about making up any homework! Of course, then I will miss the kids terribly! Sigh!

Things here are going ok. 4 of my 5 kids are sick with something. Not sure what. Strep tests were negative, but they all have red throats, and are coughing up a storm. Leslie and Mary are on antibiotics now, and Katie finished a round last week. Still the cough is getting worse. I'm taking Katie back to the doctor today, as she has to audition for Musical Theater class next week, and would really like not to cough through it. We'll see how the other kids do in a couple of days! We thought we were doing so well, not having any serious illness all through winter, but once Spring showed signs of appearing, here came the sickies! Grrr!

Other than that, we are all fine! Alan is working hard trying to finish up this semester of school. He will "graduate" in May, but will still have 4 independent study hours he has to complete during the summer. His advisors thought it would be stupid to hold up his walking in the graduation an entire year for only 4 hours, so this is the solution they came up with. His thesis project is coming along well, and he's also keeping busy in his "spare time" with a couple of freelance projects.

School seems to be going well for all the kids. Leslie has had some trouble remembering that school is for learning, and not for chattering. However, after an intervention with a concerned teacher, and a grumpy mom, she seems to have her priorities back in place!

Did I mention we got a dog?!? An 8 year old Yorkshire Terrier named Tinkerbell. She's a love, and the kids are over the moon about her! She belonged to a friend of mine who had to move into housing where animals were not welcome. So, we've taken her in, and she's become an integral part of the family in just one week!

Plans are going forward for our Disneyland trip in June! My niece is designing a shirt for the entire group to wear, and my sister and I are doing some applique shirts for the kids to wear in our annual picture for Grandpa's Christmas. They also want to to another tie dye shirt, as they loved them last time. We are not going to do the Mickey head this year, as each kid wants to try something different. Well, it's a project that should keep them busy during spring break!

Hope you are all doing well, and that the Daylight Savings didn't screw anyone up too badly!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: