DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 11:42 PM   #16
RescueRanger
If you put $200 under your pillow at night, you will get a tag
I have no hots for Robinrs because I don't want the Mummy curse!

My oldest DD was 6 months old for her first trip. It was a wonderful trip, and her interaction with the characters was priceless. Now 18 years later, we ask her where she wants to go for her graduation trip? "Really Dad, you have to ask?" So, a two week trip to AKV it is.

Me DW DD(20) DD(17) DSiL

RescueRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:29 AM   #17
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

We took DS6 to DLR when he was 6 months old, before the VGC was built. It was a great trip, he was super mellow, just napped in the stroller and was wow'ed by the Land, very easy to feed him rice/formula and baby food. It was fun to take pictures and do all the baby rides. I have some great character pictures of the characters coming over to us to coo at the sleeping baby (he was afraid of them when he was awake, so it was just as well).

I don't know if there's a bad age to take your kid to Disney; if there is we haven't found it yet.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #18
sgtpet
DIS Veteran

We brought my second child (daughter) at 5 months and our third child (son)at 6 months. There are things that can amuse them at that age even. It is a memory they won't have but you will. My oldest (son) was taken when he was 13 months. Bringing him inspired me to purchase DVC.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #19
My 2 princesses
Can't Wait To Go Back...I've Been Bitten By The Bug:)

Best time to bring then, everything is free. We did it and has no issues.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #20
kristytru
A dream is a wish your heart makes...

Not to be a wet blanket but...we took my daughter at 6 months in May. It was VERY hot and she ended up getting heat sickness. I sat up with her ALL NIGHT as she cried with stomach pains! I would recommend if you were going to take an infant you do it at a cooler time of year. When she was well, the pictures we have are priceless and she did sleep through a lot of the rides.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #21
zomama
Mouseketeer

We brought my son when he was 6 months old. He was far easier than his 3 year old sister!! I found him to be the perfect age. He sleep in the sling or stroller, nursed when he was hungry and happily people watched when he was awake. I was able to bring him on many rides sitting in my lap. It was a wonderful experience overall!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #22
moobar25
Mouseketeer

My daughter turns 13 months tomorrow and she's already a Disney veteran. We took her when she was 3 months, 8 months and 11 months - it was great. Each trip was a little different than the next but all of them were unforgettable! The first time we overpacked and learned what works best. At this age it will be pretty easy - since they are not mobile, easy to keep an eye on in the stroller.
BLT 1/15, BCV/BLT 9/14, BC 8/14 Villains, AKV-CL/BCV 5/14, BWV/OKW 3/14 Anniversary, BC-CL/BLT/BWV 11/13 Wine & Dine Marathon, BLT/BCV 9/13 Family Reunion, YC-CL 6/13 Star Wars, BCV/BLT 1/13 Birthday Surprise, BLT/BCV 10/12 DH Birthday, BCV 5/12 Baby's 1st trip, AKV 5/11, BWV 5/10, SSR 9/08, BCV 5/08, BCV 5/07, VWL 5/05 Honeymoon

moobar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #23
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

just came back frm a week there with our five month old. she travelled well and dealt with the hustle and bustle. take it slow, really slow, youre on the babys schedule, not yours for this trip.

we prepped our bigger two and told them were on nats schedule and will get done what we can and if we cant you know we will be back for xmas. we still did a lot and came home tired each day, but we tried new things. weve done a lot in the parks over our visits, so we picked a few key things and did them.

we arrived jan 30th and the day was so hot, so that was hard for nursing, she and i stuck to each other and it was gross. i will reccomend using the baby care centres in each of the parks, theyre a great quiet place for some down time and changing time. we only ended up using the hs one, but it was a great thing for us when i needed to do diaper changes.

def meet some characters and use photopass to capture that. i didnt get the shot of nat eating mickeys nose, but they did!

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec) 2013 kidani, aoa(dec/jan) 2014 pop(feb-race!)
amberg@eastlink.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #24
cel_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg@eastlink.ca
just came back frm a week there with our five month old. she travelled well and dealt with the hustle and bustle. take it slow, really slow, youre on the babys schedule, not yours for this trip.

we prepped our bigger two and told them were on nats schedule and will get done what we can and if we cant you know we will be back for xmas.

def meet some characters and use photopass to capture that. i didnt get the shot of nat eating mickeys nose, but they did!
I will never understand this 'on baby's schedule' business especially with a 6 month old...maybe I just had flexible babies, but they can do their thing anywhere - sleep in a stroller, on a shoulder, whatever....and I could nurse or give a bottle when needed but those things didn't interrupt my schedule much... ??? Most of the time I changed diapers at my convenience etc....

I think that the 'baby's schedule' factor is much bigger at 1-2 years of age than 6-7months!

In other discussions - I also have those pictures from photopass of both my baby's at their first trip kissing mickeys nose....makes me want to wipe it with a Clorox wipe or something before hand! Cause everyone is doing it! Ha! My babies were in on the kissing with no ill effects but your mileage may vary!
cel_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #25
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel_disney

I will never understand this 'on baby's schedule' business especially with a 6 month old...maybe I just had flexible babies, but they can do their thing anywhere - sleep in a stroller, on a shoulder, whatever....and I could nurse or give a bottle when needed but those things didn't interrupt my schedule much... ??? Most of the time I changed diapers at my convenience etc....

I think that the 'baby's schedule' factor is much bigger at 1-2 years of age than 6-7months!

In other discussions - I also have those pictures from photopass of both my baby's at their first trip kissing mickeys nose....makes me want to wipe it with a Clorox wipe or something before hand! Cause everyone is doing it! Ha! My babies were in on the kissing with no ill effects but your mileage may vary!
Not all babies just fall asleep anywhere, and some babies need quiet time to nurse or feed; therefore, if parent insists on watching a noisy parade or fireworks during that time, it may prevent baby from staying on his/her schedule. This is why the Baby Care Centers are such a great addition at the parks.

As for kissing Mickey's nose, too many germs for that! LOL!

Tiger

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #26
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel_disney View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post
Not all babies just fall asleep anywhere, and some babies need quiet time to nurse or feed; therefore, if parent insists on watching a noisy parade or fireworks during that time, it may prevent baby from staying on his/her schedule. This is why the Baby Care Centers are such a great addition at the parks.

As for kissing Mickey's nose, too many germs for that! LOL!

Tiger

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
what i meant was our older two are used to going gangbusters from 9 am till we drag them out of a park. that is way too hard for a five month old so they were preppedfor that. they also knew when she needed to feed or be changed we'd be stopping. i have a cell but hubbys is work issued and the can govt isnt about to pay for his roaming and while ive lost hubby in the madness of disney before and found him, i wasnt going to do that again.

tigers also correct, i have an active girly who got teeth at 4 months and bit me promptly after they came up that am. while she doesnt need silence to nurse i do need a quiet area away from most distractions to save them from being bitten again and to make sure she gets a good feed in.

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec) 2013 kidani, aoa(dec/jan) 2014 pop(feb-race!)
amberg@eastlink.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #27
cel_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg@eastlink.ca

what i meant was our older two are used to going gangbusters from 9 am till we drag them out of a park. that is way too hard for a five month old so they were preppedfor that. they also knew when she needed to feed or be changed we'd be stopping. i have a cell but hubbys is work issued and the can govt isnt about to pay for his roaming and while ive lost hubby in the madness of disney before and found him, i wasnt going to do that again.

tigers also correct, i have an active girly who got teeth at 4 months and bit me promptly after they came up that am. while she doesnt need silence to nurse i do need a quiet area away from most distractions to save them from being bitten again and to make sure she gets a good feed in.
We had no problem on the days we left our room at 9am and didn't come back until after fireworks with no ill effects with a 4.5month old and a 4.5year old. So, saying its 'not going to happen' is not necessarily true....my baby had been in daycare for 2 months by then so was used to the hustle and bustle of a busy day and knew life as nothing but noisy so maybe that was a factor....during the week at WDW - she nursed during dinner and a dance party at cosmic rays, on the space ship earth ride, slept thru LMA! and had a bottle while in line for toy story mania - she didn't complain once...the baby care centers were great when I needed something heated up or we lost a binki or needed a diaper or if we were near them, but I found in most cases it was too long of a walk back to them and just as easy to change her in the bathrooms or find a place (even quiet places) to nurse...

I had these great nursing tanks that I bought at target of all places that really made this all possible because it allowed me to really stay covered enough to nurse in public without any issue...

It was a high of 50 or so and mostly in the 30s-40s during this trip which may have been a factor as well - we did not have the heat to contend with...I think that would change things....
cel_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:34 AM   #28
ozzie2131
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the great replies. If we pass rofr then we are going to take our 7 month old in late Jan. You talked my wife into it.
ozzie2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #29
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

I would wait and see what kind of baby you have. I had the easiest babies ever slept in the stroller, carrier, restaurants, during fireworks. DS#1 went at 3, 5, 10 months with ease. Ds#2 went to Aulani and DLR at 7 months. But not all babies are like that. It is totally doable but I would see what your babies temperment is before booking or be prepared to cancel and move it to a later time.
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Aug 2014 SSR/AKL, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #30
Tropigal
Mouseketeer

My son was 5 months old his first trip. My baby was 3 months last year when we visited. It was super easy both times!
Used the Baby Care Stations when needed. Nursed on rides and in less populated areas of parks. Never had an issue.

DVC Owner!!

Tropigal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: