DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!
 
DisneyStarWisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,084

Renting Points and My Disney Experience

If someone rents DVC points for a vacation, when they make ADRs, they will be able to see them on Disney's website, right? But what about the room? Can they put in the reservation number to link their room to their ADRs? Even though the reservation is controlled my the DVC member. I hope this makes sense.
__________________
DisneyStarWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
heynowirv
DIS Veteran
 
heynowirv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cheltenham, Pa.
Posts: 765

Any and all reservations should be seen on that website. just make sure you have a sign on and password and you're good to go.
heynowirv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-02-2013, 05:11 AM   #3
Apopper74
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStarWisher
If someone rents DVC points for a vacation, when they make ADRs, they will be able to see them on Disney's website, right? But what about the room? Can they put in the reservation number to link their room to their ADRs? Even though the reservation is controlled my the DVC member. I hope this makes sense.

I just linked my DVC rental using the reservation number given to me. While you can't make changes or even contact MS you can view it and even do on-line check-in.
Apopper74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:21 AM   #4
londonderrydisneyfan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 412

I rented points to my friend and he was able to see his reservation on MDE too. I'm sure that will help ease the minds of people who rent points from folks they don't know.
__________________
londonderrydisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:03 AM   #5
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!
 
DisneyStarWisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,084

Thanks for the replies. So do you just go to MDE and set up a username and password, then enter your reservation number?
__________________
DisneyStarWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #6
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!
 
DisneyStarWisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,084

Does anyone know how this works? I need to tell someone how to get their reservation to show up. Please help. Thanks!
__________________
DisneyStarWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #7
Miss Monorail 1971
Please Stand Clear of the Door
 
Miss Monorail 1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 382

I just entered my confirmation number under my reservations. Where it says "Don't see your reservations." then it linked up and they are in there. And yes I am staying on rented points.

My questions is where can I link my park tickets. I will be purchasing them for undercovertourist. Or do I need to do that?
__________________
Please stand clear of the door
por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Miss Monorail 1971 - Konni
Miss Monorail 1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
heynowirv
DIS Veteran
 
heynowirv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cheltenham, Pa.
Posts: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Monorail 1971 View Post
I just entered my confirmation number under my reservations. Where it says "Don't see your reservations." then it linked up and they are in there. And yes I am staying on rented points.

My questions is where can I link my park tickets. I will be purchasing them for undercovertourist. Or do I need to do that?
Buying from UT you can't link them up on line. but if you really want to you can when you check-in and they'll do it there.
heynowirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #9
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita
 
beachphotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: State of Sunshine
Posts: 497

Quote:
Originally Posted by heynowirv View Post
Buying from UT you can't link them up on line. but if you really want to you can when you check-in and they'll do it there.
I came here looking for any one having problems with the MDE linking reservations today. But I am from Glenside and had to pop on and say howdy neighbor!
__________________
Susie


Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #10
Miss Monorail 1971
Please Stand Clear of the Door
 
Miss Monorail 1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by heynowirv

Buying from UT you can't link them up on line. but if you really want to you can when you check-in and they'll do it there.
If I buy the tickets from Disney can I link them. I am staying on rented dvc points so its not a package. I want to link them so I can book my fast passes.
__________________
Please stand clear of the door
por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Miss Monorail 1971 - Konni
Miss Monorail 1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #11
erionm
DIS Veteran
 
erionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 11,389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Monorail 1971 View Post
If I buy the tickets from Disney can I link them. I am staying on rented dvc points so its not a package. I want to link them so I can book my fast passes.
You can't "link" your tickets as FastPass+ is not available yet. The only thing in place currently is the existing FastPass system that you insert your Theme Park ticket into the machine and is prints out a ticket with a return time.
__________________
Michael
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #12
Miss Monorail 1971
Please Stand Clear of the Door
 
Miss Monorail 1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm

You can't "link" your tickets as FastPass+ is not available yet. The only thing in place currently is the existing FastPass system that you insert your Theme Park ticket into the machine and is prints out a ticket with a return time.
I was referring to when the fast pass plus goes online. I want the option to reserve my fast passes when we go in July. But I want to get my tickets before the price goes up. It's a little cheaper to go with ut but I want the fp+ option. So if I buy my tickets from Disney will I be able to link them when it is online.
__________________
Please stand clear of the door
por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Miss Monorail 1971 - Konni
Miss Monorail 1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #13
erionm
DIS Veteran
 
erionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 11,389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Monorail 1971 View Post
I was referring to when the fast pass plus goes online. I want the option to reserve my fast passes when we go in July. But I want to get my tickets before the price goes up. It's a little cheaper to go with ut but I want the fp+ option. So if I buy my tickets from Disney will I be able to link them when it is online.
You should be able to link tickets regardless of where they were purchased. The problem is, no one really knows how the process is going to work once it does go live.
__________________
Michael
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #14
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!
 
DisneyStarWisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,084

My friend tried to put in her reservation number and it recognized the number but she got stuck at "guests" and it wouldn't let her progress beyond that to add it to her profile. Anyone know what's going wrong?
__________________
DisneyStarWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.