Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #31
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Seriously OP, we're all happy you made your long-deliberated decision on which resort is perfect for you. But I really don't understand A) why everyone has to agree with you on BW being Disney's "best" resort (and this is coming from someone who really thinks it is). And B) I really don't understand why you felt the need to belittle and demean those of us who choose to splurge on CL. I'm not a big fan of GF, but I would never say those who stay there have no common sense. Sheesh!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 03-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #32
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Seriously OP, we're all happy you made your long-deliberated decision on which resort is perfect for you. But I really don't understand A) why everyone has to agree with you on BW being Disney's "best" resort (and this is coming from someone who really thinks it is). And B) I really don't understand why you felt the need to belittle and demean those of us who choose to splurge on CL. I'm not a big fan of GF, but I would never say those who stay there have no common sense. Sheesh!
First of all- thank goodness disney is upgrading bed spreads. I notice they are all trying to imitate the look of the beautiful boardwalk inn rooms, can't blame them!

Anyhow, I never said anyone had to agree with me I was just gleefully sharing my well informed opinion.

As far as belittling and demeaning club level participants, I don't know if my comment was quite that extreme. My opinion of club level is it's the highest up charge for the smallest benefit. The least value for your dollar at Disney by far. You could eat at Victoria and Albert's every night for the price of club level, or every other night if the reservation is for two guests. Or hey skip the club level, donate the money to charity and feed a few hungry children for a year.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #33
dp911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2

First of all- thank goodness disney is upgrading bed spreads. I notice they are all trying to imitate the look of the beautiful boardwalk inn rooms, can't blame them!

Anyhow, I never said anyone had to agree with me I was just gleefully sharing my well informed opinion.

As far as belittling and demeaning club level participants, I don't know if my comment was quite that extreme. My opinion of club level is it's the highest up charge for the smallest benefit. The least value for your dollar at Disney by far. You could eat at Victoria and Albert's every night for the price of club level, or every other night if the reservation is for two guests. Or hey skip the club level, donate the money to charity and feed a few hungry children for a year.
I stay cl and do give to charity thanks. You are demeaning with your comments. Who are you to say what someone should or shouldn't do with their own hard earned money. Cl is a good use of money to my family and I. If it wasn't, I would not do it.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #34
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2 View Post
Actually that is not quite right. The difference between Club Level and a standard room is anywhere between $ 100-$125 a night.
As shown below the cheapest 2 people can eat at Victoria and Albert's is $270 before taxes, drinks, or a tip. So your supper at V+A for 2 will cost you close to $400 when all is finished, which is way more expensive than the cost differential for staying Club level.
Here is the latest pricing for Victoria & Albert's

Victoria & Albert's Dining Room: Menu Prix Fixe begins at $135.00 per Guest. Wine Pairings from $65.00 per Guest. (Pricing does not include tax and gratuity.)

Queen Victoria's Room: Menu Prix Fixe begins at $210.00 per Guest. Wine Pairings from $105.00 per Guest. (Pricing does not include tax and gratuity.)

Chef's Table: Menu Prix Fixe begins at $210.00 per Guest. Wine Pairings from $105.00 per Guest. (Pricing does not include tax and gratuity.)
Old 03-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #35
figment814
Mouseketeer

I entered into a family that already owned at BWV.

I've stayed at BWV, SSR, AKL (both), WLV, and BLT.

They all have something special to offer and we choose where to stay based upon why type of trip we are looking for. Most of our trips are short and taken during non-peak times.

I am really looking forward to checking OKW and BCV in the not too distant future!

If pressed though; I'd put BLT and AKL above BWV.

I also hope to stay at POR one day; love the look!
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
Old 03-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #36
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp911 View Post
I stay cl and do give to charity thanks. You are demeaning with your comments. Who are you to say what someone should or shouldn't do with their own hard earned money. Cl is a good use of money to my family and I. If it wasn't, I would not do it.
I'm not telling people what to do with their hard earned money, I'm sharing my opinion on what I feel the best value is for that money. If getting a great value for your money is important to you then club level is a bad idea. If you are convinced it is saving your family money and not just an extravagantly expensive convenience then it's time to crunch those numbers again.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #37
dp911
Mouseketeer

Really, I am a CPA and know how to crunch numbers. I add up how much breakfast , drinks , appetizers and desserts would be and I come out ahead. You are once again judging now peoples math skills and how we spend our money. having an IPO is awesome, the cms at the lounge treat you like family, the ease of getting breakfast every morning, the drinks, the atmosphere is great and I have met such nice people at the lounges. I guess I am not the only one that likes cl as it is always a big number of people there. You are very condescending and bitter with your, not worth it and give to charity comments.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #38
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
Actually that is not quite right. The difference between Club Level and a standard room is anywhere between $ 100-$125 a night.
As shown below the cheapest 2 people can eat at Victoria and Albert's is $270 before taxes, drinks, or a tip. So your supper at V+A for 2 will cost you close to $400 when all is finished, which is way more expensive than the cost differential for staying Club level.
Here is the latest pricing for Victoria & Albert's

Victoria & Albert's Dining Room: Menu Prix Fixe begins at $135.00 per Guest. Wine Pairings from $65.00 per Guest. (Pricing does not include tax and gratuity.)

Queen Victoria's Room: Menu Prix Fixe begins at $210.00 per Guest. Wine Pairings from $105.00 per Guest. (Pricing does not include tax and gratuity.)

Chef's Table: Menu Prix Fixe begins at $210.00 per Guest. Wine Pairings from $105.00 per Guest. (Pricing does not include tax and gratuity.)
Alrighty then, but I'd submit to you doing V+A just once will add more to your vacation, heck even your life in general then club level. Or how about eating a signature restaurant every night? Or a tour? Or the fireworks cruise? Sheesh people, go to walmart before you check in a buy yourself $100 worth of food and drinks and stuff it in your closet and save yourself $$$$$$$. It's like all the sudden people go to disney world and soda, beer, cookies, muffins, and a shish-kabob are worth 20 times what they cost in the real world because they are served in the "club level"
Old 03-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #39
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Alrighty then, but I'd submit to you doing V+A just once will add more to your vacation, heck even your life in general then club level. Or how about eating a signature restaurant every night? Or a tour? Or the fireworks cruise? Sheesh people, go to walmart before you check in a buy yourself $100 worth of food and drinks and stuff it in your closet and save yourself $$$$$$$. It's like all the sudden people go to disney world and soda, beer, cookies, muffins, and a shish-kabob are worth 20 times what they cost in the real world because they are served in the "club level"
Probably the same reason you are staying at the BWI instead of the Holiday Inn . . . . it makes them feel good, it gives them something a little nicer. Why judge so harshly?

Old 03-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #40
dp911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn

Probably the same reason you are staying at the BWI instead of the Holiday Inn . . . . it makes them feel good, it gives them something a little nicer. Why judge so harshly?
Yes how would you feel if someone that stays only value came on here and said deluxe is a waste of money, crunch your numbers and give it to charity to house the homeless instead?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #41
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Really, I am a CPA and know how to crunch numbers. I add up how much breakfast , drinks , appetizers and desserts would be and I come out ahead. You are once again judging now peoples math skills and how we spend our money. having an IPO is awesome, the cms at the lounge treat you like family, the ease of getting breakfast every morning, the drinks, the atmosphere is great and I have met such nice people at the lounges. I guess I am not the only one that likes cl as it is always a big number of people. You are very condescending and bitter with your, not worth it and give to charity comments.
I stated my personal deductions in a public forum. I am certain that they are correct. If you take that personally, I can't be responsible for that. The charity comment was not condescending in the least, I was simply pointing out that part of the reason club level is a poor value is because:

1. Concierge is a preposterous waste of time. You can make your own reservations online in less time than it takes to explain them to someone else.

2. The club level lounge is basically a seating area. There are plenty of great seating areas around the resorts and lots of wonderful CMs around as well.

3. The food, while convenient, could never be worth the price. You wouldn't pay $15 for a muffin or $10 for a bottle of water at a restaurant, but it is essentially what you are doing at club level. If you are a family of 5, this scenario is different. However, if the only way to get value out of club level is to feed your family of 5 all week, it should be called the "family advantage" plan or something- not club level.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #42
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Really, spending $400 at V+A for 2 will add more to my vacation and even my life in general than Club Level - are you serious, or are you just making ridiculous statements to be controversial?
By the way in this same thread you said that The BWI had the best Club Level of any Disney resort - did you actually stay there and now feel that it wasn't worth your money, or did you just change your opinion halfway through this thread?
As for value for money, I am not sure why you are staying at the Boardwalk at all. Why don't you stay at the Motel 6 off property and save yourself a ton of money.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #43
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes how would you feel if someone that stays only value came on here and said deluxe is a waste of money, crunch your numbers and give it to charity to house the homeless instead?
I would say thank you for challenging me on this matter, because I should carefully consider how I can bless others. In fact, I may stay at a value so that I can have more to help others. We all want to have a great time at Disney and make wonderful memories. However, when someday I'm dead and gone it's more important to me that I leave a legacy of generosity and concern for the less fortunate. My tombstone isn't going to read "here lies so and so, always stayed deluxe club level no matter what" I don't know what other people who are well off give and it's not my business or really my concern. Many of my wealthy friends, however, give away 30-40 percent of their income because they have the discipline to say no to extra luxuries from time to time. It's all too easy to believe something is "worth it" until you step back and consider what am I really getting out of it and when is enough enough.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #44
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
Really, spending $400 at V+A for 2 will add more to my vacation and even my life in general than Club Level - are you serious, or are you just making ridiculous statements to be controversial?
By the way in this same thread you said that The BWI had the best Club Level of any Disney resort - did you actually stay there and now feel that it wasn't worth your money, or did you just change your opinion halfway through this thread?
As for value for money, I am not sure why you are staying at the Boardwalk at all. Why don't you stay at the Motel 6 off property and save yourself a ton of money.
Well Victoria and Albert's is a culinary experience. Many people have never had a meal that finely prepared. It's educational, delicious, and fascinating. Victoria and Albert's will leave a distinct impression and lasting memory. Without wine it's more like $350 and that's with tax and a very generous tip.

I assume BWI has the best club level because I have stayed there and in my research on DIS etc. I haven't seen another lounge that appears as comfortable and I can't imagine nicer cast members. It was a free upgrade that I was shocked and surprised to have received a few years ago.

Motel 6 doesn't offer a good value for the money because I'd rather stay home than stay at Motel 6. I actually won this upcoming trip and am allowed to choose my accommodations.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:09 AM   #45
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
At the poly, club level is about $130 more per night. If you stay 7 nights, it will cost you $910. You have to be loaded for $910 to be worthwhile for a snack lounge.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: