DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #1006
elcid3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreisgood View Post
I totally agree. But, from what I see, there is no true comp info out there. I believe there are transactions on the county website, but without knowing what the terms are, it's not very useful information.

As everyone has agreed, the info at the beginning of this thread, probably shows some of the lowest prices out there. And while we all want a steal, sometimes you have to settle for what you can get when you want. In the big pictures, these are not big numbers we're talking about, unless you are buying a huge contract. A $5 difference in price for a 100 pt contract is $500.

The only thing I could come up with was how to compare currently offered contracts.

Also, is there a list of most desireable UY to least desireable UY, with weight percentages? I'd love to see it.

thanks for all the info. to clarify since I made a mistake an earlier post, we did get all the points for 2011, 2012, and 2013 without paying maintenance fees. Now we just need to get through closing quickly because the 2011 points expire at the end of May!
elcid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #1007
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco
Well after looking at this thread after my contract was sent to ROFR, i think i may have chosen poorly. I asked the realtor if that was a reasonable price, she said yes...and i've never haggled a price for anything in my life. I think i may need a mentor when looking for our next contract. We'll be looking for a larger one then. So here goes...

SSR 55 point stripped contract no points till August '14, seller pays '13 MF, Buyer pays closing. $60 per point.
You got your contract for a much lower price than you would if you bought it from Disney, so I would not worry much. Also, small point contracts often go for higher prices per point.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #1008
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco
Well after looking at this thread after my contract was sent to ROFR, i think i may have chosen poorly. I asked the realtor if that was a reasonable price, she said yes...and i've never haggled a price for anything in my life. I think i may need a mentor when looking for our next contract. We'll be looking for a larger one then. So here goes...

SSR 55 point stripped contract no points till August '14, seller pays '13 MF, Buyer pays closing. $60 per point.
I think this is a good learning experience for you. You definitely saved money over buying direct, but you also paid much more than you needed to. Keep in mind that brokers are transaction brokers. They are not obligated to get the seller more money and they are not obligated to save you money. In all actuality, the broker was honest in that $60 pp is a fair price for a SSR contract. What they didn't do was guide you through the process of calculating the contract's real value. That is outside the scope of their responsibility in my opinion. Anyway, congrats on your contract and good luck with a speedy closing.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #1009
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
Congrats to all who have gotten great contracts! My DH gave me the go ahead a few weeks ago to find a BWV contract mid to large point and I have not even seen any listed long enough to make an offer never mind get these kinds of deals! I guess I have to sit tight and keep looking - it is not easy
Well I guess I did not wait as long as I thought I would!

Surfing the web yesterday and plugged in dvc resales and it brought me to a web page I have never been on before. Under BWV there were about 7 listings and one was BWV 222 points for 12210.00 - I did the math and realized it was selling for 55.00 a point so I called the 800 number. To my surprise it was Fidelty. When I inquired about the listing I was asked where I saw it since they had not updated their site yet - I told her where I saw and actually filled out the form at the bottom to make an offer. Since I saw the listing on another sight Fidelty said they could give me all the details of the contract. Got the call a little while later that I got the contract!

BWV Feb UY 222 points all 2013 in tact all points going forward $55.00 PP I am paying closing and 9 months of dues seller is paying first 3 months of dues. The waiting begins hope all goes well

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #1010
radmcg
Mouseketeer

contract closed

Made offer January 14th. got email closed feb 26. Hopefully will have points by 3/12/13. Less than 2 months from offer to points in the account. Not to bad.
radmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #1011
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

BWV Feb UY 222 points all 2013 in tact all points going forward $55.00 PP I am paying closing and 9 months of dues seller is paying first 3 months of dues. The waiting begins hope all goes well
Nice deal! Good luck with ROFR.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #1012
Acme
Earning My Ears

After lurking on here and trying to gather info, we made an offer on a VGC contract. It made it thru ROFR yesterday. 240pts, August UY, all 2013 points- $88/pt w/ seller covering partial MF for 2013. Thanks to everyone on these boards for helping us to better understand the resale market
Acme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #1013
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Congratulations Acme great deal and Welcome home! Enjoy

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #1014
disneysled
Earning My Ears

Hi - new to the boards - just started looking for our first contract. A week or so ago I think I saw a link to a list of accepted contracts and those that were rofr'd over a longer period of time - can anyone direct me to where that was?
Thanks
disneysled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #1015
Mousewerks
Mouseketeer

Look at the very first post of this thread...
Old 03-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #1016
liball3
Earning My Ears

Smile Passed ROFR

Very pleased to report we passed ROFR this week! Have been very pleased using site **********

Villas at Wilderness Lodge 175 $63 Sep (175 points for 2012 + 175 for 2013 + 175 for 2014. $11,025)
liball3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #1017
macemc12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysled
Hi - new to the boards - just started looking for our first contract. A week or so ago I think I saw a link to a list of accepted contracts and those that were rofr'd over a longer period of time - can anyone direct me to where that was?
Thanks
There is a list on page 47 of this thread

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

macemc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #1018
Mrwiedel
Earning My Ears

I have utilized this board extensively in getting up to speed on dvc and appreciate the help. Contract just sent for BLT 250 Mar pts with 100 banked points at $78/pt. Seller pays closing. Will post results.
Mrwiedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #1019
moreisgood
Falling in love

Quote:
Well I guess I did not wait as long as I thought I would!

Surfing the web yesterday and plugged in dvc resales and it brought me to a web page I have never been on before. Under BWV there were about 7 listings and one was BWV 222 points for 12210.00 - I did the math and realized it was selling for 55.00 a point so I called the 800 number. To my surprise it was Fidelty. When I inquired about the listing I was asked where I saw it since they had not updated their site yet - I told her where I saw and actually filled out the form at the bottom to make an offer. Since I saw the listing on another sight Fidelty said they could give me all the details of the contract. Got the call a little while later that I got the contract!

What was the site that you saw the listing on?
moreisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #1020
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
Thanks for the encouragement. This is another lesson learned for us. When we had DVC before, we had a LOT of points and we financed.

Now that we're starting all over, we wanted to do things right with paying outright with smaller contracts this time, and to start out slow, paying low MF's, and gradually building up. Now we just have to learn the "art of dealing" i guess.
As others have said, don't feel bad. Our first contract we offered $2 under listing and were happy when they took it. The contract we're waiting on now we offered $8 under because we thought $4 under was a fair deal, and we were expecting them to counter. They took the offer outright. Like you said, you learn.

Also remember the broker makes commission off the sale. The higher the sale, the higher the commission. A higher rate is better for them, but of course they would still rather sell low than have the contract sit there unsold.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: