Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
MrsB919
Mouseketeer

What is open?

Hi everyone. My hubby and I sailed on the Dream 2 years ago for our honeymoon. At that time we did the excursion to Atlantis. Right now we are planning on going on the Dream again but we weren't impressed with Atlantis. I had the thought of staying on the boat and enjoying our time there. However I was wondering what is open other then the pools? I know because of certain laws the stores aren't open when the boat is docked. I was curious if anyone knows if the spa or other things such as the movies are open during that time. Thanks in advance!

(Me) (Hubby) (Tanky) : (Ony) (Michey)
5/14- BCV, 9/13- CBR & DCL Fantasy, 9/12 -BWI,12/11 -POP, 9/11- Wedding & Honeymoon GF & DCL,
4/11,7/10,3/08 etc. (to many to count)- Offsite
MrsB919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Correct, the shops are not allowed to be open while the ship is in any port. However, pretty much everything else can be. The pools and AquaDuck (this is a good time to ride with no lines!), at least 1 MDR for lunch plus Cabanas and the fast food locations, the movie theater, the kids clubs, the sports deck and mini golf, the spa, fitness center, possibly D-Lounge or other location with activities - you'd have to check the Navigator for specifics. There are programs/activities offered even during port time, though probably not as much as an at-sea day. Plenty to do onboard during Nassau.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
Minniemiss
DIS Veteran

Also on port days the Spa may offer specials.
Minniemiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
MrsB919
Mouseketeer

Wow that's great that there are so many things open. We felt like last time we really didn't get to enjoy much of the boat bc of the excursions. That would be great if the spa had special offers. Would it be something we could tell when we do advanced booking or something that on the day off we would go and find out? We will be taking advantage of the spa regardless but in my opinion you can never spend too much time pampering yourself.

5/14- BCV, 9/13- CBR & DCL Fantasy, 9/12 -BWI,12/11 -POP, 9/11- Wedding & Honeymoon GF & DCL,
Old 03-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
Minniemiss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB919 View Post
Wow that's great that there are so many things open. We felt like last time we really didn't get to enjoy much of the boat bc of the excursions. That would be great if the spa had special offers. Would it be something we could tell when we do advanced booking or something that on the day off we would go and find out? We will be taking advantage of the spa regardless but in my opinion you can never spend too much time pampering yourself.
The specials are usually posted in the navigator for the next day. If often depends on how well the Spa is doing. If they aren't booked and have many openings, more specials. If they have plenty of prebooked sessions, not as many specials are offered.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
MrsB919
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the information. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we might catch a good deal!

Old 03-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #7
Minniemiss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB919 View Post
Thanks for the information. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we might catch a good deal!
If you take the spa tour the first day and sign up for the drawing you will get spa mail almost everyday. They have some specials also.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
MrsB919
Mouseketeer

Great tip! Thanks will defiantly look into doing that. I must say the spa was one of my favorite parts of the cruise last time.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #9
linetbo
Mouseketeer

Those are wnderfull ideas, i am staying at the cruise!!!

linetbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: