Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Loriekins
Mouseketeer

Dream 7668

I am hoping for yet more great advise from my fellow Disers!

We are booked for the Dream stateroom 7668 for our next year B2B. I booked it because of the discount price (obstructed view). Did that on our last Magic cruise, we loved the room & deal we got.

I am unable to find any reviews on the room. What I am finding is that it's a connected stateroom. Will noise/privacy be an issue in the room & balcony?
Also it's directly across from the elevator, although it is the aft elevators which might not be as busy. Will noise be a big factor?

Any advice on this room is great appreciated.

Our "Magic" cruises:
Our First cruise - Eastern Caribbean Cruise 1/29/11
Second Cruise - Western Caribbean Cruise 1/21/12
Loriekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
Loriekins
Mouseketeer

Our "Magic" cruises:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
gmc824
Earning My Ears

I should be able to help you out in a few weeks. My daughter and I are doing a b2b on the Dream starting March 10th, and we will have this room on the second leg of our trip. We had an inside stateroom, but this room came available last minute so I grabbed it. I've seen pics of the side of the ship, and it looks like the verandah is about 25% blocked. Hopefully it's not too bad. I will look to upgrade, though, if something else comes open. Will keep you posted!
gmc824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
gatorfreud
DIS Veteran

We were in 6168 which I believe exactly on the other side and one floor down. If that is correct, as far as the location, I liked it a lot. Easy aft elevators, and easy runs on the stairs straight to restaurants and kids club.

Kim
3/07 - All Star Sports
7/07 - Disney's Vero Beach
11/07 - MVMCP, POR and Coronado Springs
1/08 - Disneyland
3/08 - Camping at Fort Wilderness
6/08 - Saratoga Springs and SWW!
10/08- DLR, GCH no kids!
11/08 - DLR, DLH Thanksgiving
4/09- Off site
6/09 - CBR and Poly
9/09- DLR, DLH
gatorfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I stayed in 7666 which is the connecting room. We never heard our neighbors and I know they had a baby because they left the stroller in the hall each day. Balcony wise, we never had an issue, but yes if they are loud you will hear anyone on the balconies. Coming off the aft elevators the room is to the right and a few doors down. Mine was closer to the elevators and I never had an issue with noise. The only thing we heard was vibrations from the ship every so often, but not often (I think as we came into ports). The obstruction isn't bad either.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Most indicate no, to little noise, from neighbors when placed in a connecting cabin.
It all depends on your neighbors.
All balconies share the same risk with noise/smoke/etc.

Most folks do not hear any noise when located near elevators.
Your cabin door is a 1/2 door aft of aft elevator lobby.
I consider this excellent. Quick access.

I would not say this if you were midships. More potential for people noise midships. I believe you will not hear elevator noise especially since it is the aft bank of elevators. Actually I can guarantee you will not hear elevator noise. DCL got it right on the Dream class ship regarding elevator noise; none. Now whether people generate the noise is another ball game. But ... you are good being aft, less traffic, on deck 7 at least.

7668 is a 7a obstructed view. Have you seen these exterior photos that show exactly how obstructed you are?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....=dream+special

I'm guessing your balcony is obstructed in the aft upper portion 30%.

HTH
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
Loveofgage
Earning My Ears

We just stayed in room 7680 (also obstructed view) and we loved it. Didn't hear neighbors, occasionally heard kids running down the hall (pirates night). We did feel the thrusters kick in (well I did, I'm a light sleeper, no one else did though). I loved the room and would love to request it in the future. Have fun!
Loveofgage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
Loriekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc824 View Post
I should be able to help you out in a few weeks. My daughter and I are doing a b2b on the Dream starting March 10th, and we will have this room on the second leg of our trip. We had an inside stateroom, but this room came available last minute so I grabbed it. I've seen pics of the side of the ship, and it looks like the verandah is about 25% blocked. Hopefully it's not too bad. I will look to upgrade, though, if something else comes open. Will keep you posted!
Have a blast! Can't wait to hear about your trip! We are very excited to try a B2B. Please let me know how you liked it, the Dream & your rooms.

Our "Magic" cruises:
Old 03-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #9
Loriekins
Mouseketeer

Thank you!

Thank you for all the input! I am not going to worry anymore about the room! My concerns for the elevator & connecting rooms have been taken care of.

We had an obstructed view on the Magic last time & really like the room, so I wasn't worried about that. We Like the Aft location on the Magic both cruises so figured it was a good location on the Dream. Felt the thrusters both cruises (deck 5 worse than deck 6) & it didn't seem to bother any of us.

Our "Magic" cruises:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: