DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #3436
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

Thank You, really useful to know. We normally have our own car & go to a waterpark for the last day so we can shower & change to warm clothes for sad trip home. But using ME and having to leave 4hrs before our flight I'm sure DH will prefer to stay around the pool at OKW, though if bus back from TL doesn't take too long may persuade him to go there for a few hours!

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic
Old 03-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #3437
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post

I thought 23, 24, 25 and 26 were "near HH" A couple years ago, we were in a building 14 studio, "near HH" and I wasn't in love with that location!

If 23 through 26 are indeed "near HH" I will do as you suggest, Chuck, and request "Peninsular Rd Area".
Buildings 23-26 are definitely "near HH". I also prefer, and put in a request for, Peninsular Road.
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #3438
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexx View Post
Buildings 23-26 are definitely "near HH". I also prefer, and put in a request for, Peninsular Road.
Thank you for the confirmation.

I did online check-in today and checked the boxes "Peninsular Road Area" and "2nd floor". There was also a choice of "room ready on arrival" to take priority over the 2 requests -- I didn't check that box (would rather wait for the room I want! ).

Thanks again!

Old 03-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #3439
mellvswdw1
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Grills?

DH and I will be staying at OKW in 90 days. we have a 1br w/out the HH option. We had thought of buying steaks, chops, and hamburger with the thought of grilling some while we are there. We have stayed in building 45 before and loved it so much that I was thinking of requesting that area. However, being close to a grill is important. I see that the grills are near the quiet pools, which building would be close to the pool, but also a similar view to building 45-46? Thanks so much!

Melissa

Many trips to the Happy Place...over 25!!! I love DVC!!
Celebrating our daughter!! AKV Jambo Feb/March!!!

Last edited by mellvswdw1; 03-02-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #3440
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellvswdw1 View Post
DH and I will be staying at OKW in 90 days. we have a 1br w/out the HH option. We had thought of buying steaks, chops, and hamburger with the thought of grilling some while we are there. We have stayed in building 45 before and loved it so much that I was thinking of requesting that area. However, being close to a grill is important. I see that the grills are near the quiet pools, which building would be close to the pool, but also a similar view to building 45-46? Thanks so much!

Melissa
Bldg 55 should have a canal view, and it is right next to a quiet pool.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Old 03-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #3441
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Hi All,

I added 2 days on to my Disney trip in July, so I'll be moving over to OKW studio HH. Having never stayed at OKW and only going there once for breakfast at Olivia's... what can anyone tell me about OKW?? Is there a room request I should be making?? Any and all advice and knowledge is welcome!

TIA
~Nannette

Old 03-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #3442
msvlg
Mouseketeer

OKW HH location Help

We are booked at OKW for a week at the end of March. We own there but this will be our first time staying there. We have booked a two bedroom in the HH area and we will have our three young grandchildren with us. We are not sure if we should request the buildings in the 23 area or the buildings in the 12 area. we would like an upper floor with a nice view, close to the pool for the kids. can anyone give me any suggestions of what to request (I know it is only a request)? Is there any undesirable buildings in the HH area? What about water views? Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA
Old 03-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #3443
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

I'm staying at OKW next month in a studio. I've never done so before - always had a one or two bedroom. What's my best request for something my HH? Peninsular Road?

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
Old 03-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #3444
MommaSnowwhite
DIS Veteran

My family is staying at OKW for 11 nights for spring break & I have a couple of questions. Please

Has anyone ever requested a full sixe crib? Are they available? I read they are supposed to be available in the resorts. My DD is 18 mo old but the size of a 3 year old - I'm not sure she will be comforable in a pack n play.

Do all the 1 BR units have the sleeper chair? We will have 5 plus an infant so we really need the chair as well as the couch. Is there sheets & everything for both?

And, last but not least ... When will we get housekeeping? 11 nights is the confusing thing for me

TIA
Old 03-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #3445
amym2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaSnowwhite
My family is staying at OKW for 11 nights for spring break & I have a couple of questions. Please

Has anyone ever requested a full sixe crib? Are they available? I read they are supposed to be available in the resorts. My DD is 18 mo old but the size of a 3 year old - I'm not sure she will be comforable in a pack n play.

Do all the 1 BR units have the sleeper chair? We will have 5 plus an infant so we really need the chair as well as the couch. Is there sheets & everything for both?

And, last but not least ... When will we get housekeeping? 11 nights is the confusing thing for me

TIA
We stayed at OKW last October and loved it! Can't help with the crib. Yes, they provide bedding for both. We used the couch and sleeper chair and both kids thought they were fine. I'm pretty sure housekeeping is every 4 days (arrival day is day 1), so if you arrive on say a Sunday you'd get it on Wed, Sat, Tue.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #3446
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Just thought I'd get you all relaxing on this Monday evening...

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Old 03-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #3447
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaSnowwhite View Post

TIA
I haven't seen full sized cribs at OKW. I don't think they have them. You could rent one if you really want one, though.

For housekeeping, if you are staying on a points stay, day one is check in day. Day four you get full cleaning, day eight you get trash removed and towels replaced, if you were there for 12 nights, you'd get another full cleaning on day 12.

If you are there seven nights or less, you get trash and towel service on day four. Once you are there eight nights or more, you get full cleaning first, then trash and towel, then full cleaning and so on.

You will get the sleeper chair in the living room. And the sleeper sofa and chair will both have sheets. If they aren't already on the bed, check the closet for a plastic bag containing sheets, blankets, pillows.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #3448
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

We had the fuller size crib...and we're at OKW...call and add the request to your reservation...it's only a request, and it comes with sheets. It is bigger than a pack n play.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #3449
Mai Ku Tiki

DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
Just thought I'd get you all relaxing on this Monday evening...
And perfect for a Tuesday morning, too!
Heavenly....

Thanks!

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; there is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Old 03-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #3450
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

SIGH, thank you

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: