Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #3031
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTwoPrincesses View Post
(Disclaimer: I am a resort switch-a-holic)

I just switched my reservation from May 9-15 to the Art of Animation. Right now I'm reserved for a Lion King Suite. My 2 year old is OBSESSED with "King Lion." I was planning on 2 rooms at Coronado Springs (and before that, 2 rooms at Pop but I don't really like the decor at Pop, and before that an AsMu suite, but I don't care for AsMu's decor or the fact that the rooms look kind of tired). But, I am drawn to the pool and splash area at AoA and I know my kids will LOVE the theming. I am worried that the theming may be a bit "much" for the grown-ups as we have only stayed at Mods before, but I decided to give AoA a try!
Your girls will LOVE AoA and you probably will too. We stayed there for Thanksgiving in the LM rooms and the decor is awesome. Each area really makes you feel like you are in the movie from top to bottom. Since we were in the LM area we walked through the LK area a lot and it's very cool. You're also in between two pools, which is nice. The Nemo pool is cool because they play music under the water.

Have a great trip!
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

Old 03-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #3032
cmsb
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I just switched my reservation from May 9-15 to the Art of Animation. Right now I'm reserved for a Lion King Suite. My 2 year old is OBSESSED with "King Lion." I was planning on 2 rooms at Coronado Springs (and before that, 2 rooms at Pop but I don't really like the decor at Pop, and before that an AsMu suite, but I don't care for AsMu's decor or the fact that the rooms look kind of tired). But, I am drawn to the pool and splash area at AoA and I know my kids will LOVE the theming. I am worried that the theming may be a bit "much" for the grown-ups as we have only stayed at Mods before, but I decided to give AoA a try!
We had 4 adults and 2 kids and everyone loved the resort! Some of us were in the Cars section and some in LM and the theming of the resort was one of the highlights of the trip. The resort overall was great and I'm sure your family will love it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #3033
catra121
DIS Veteran

I am very excited to say that I have decided that my upcoming trip in September will be a stay in a Lion King suite at AoA!!

I am very excited. This is a special trip with my brother and our cousin (who will be joining us half way through the stay...and yes we will put him on the reservation for length of stay so everything is on the up and up). We are all in our 20s and this will be my cousin's first trip ever to Disney World! That probably has me more excited than anything...I wish he could stay all week but we will make do with three full days plus arrival and departure day for him. Anyway...Lion King is his favorite Disney movie and I just thought this resort would be perfect.

So that will be two boys plus me (a girl) and I am looking forward to all the space, three beds, having my own bathroom, a kitchenette for easy snacks and stuff, and a new resort to add to my list of places I have stayed at. I seriously considered the LM rooms for my solo trip in April but they are more expensive than the rooms at Pop where I ended up booking instead. I can't wait to skip across the bridge (figuratively speaking) to visit AoA while I am at Pop in April though.

This is going to be so fun to stay there with my cousin for his first trip to Disney. I know some people are kind of "meh" about the over the top Disney decorations at the values but I am so pumped to share that side of Disney with a newbie. Oh...and my brother has never gone on a trip without the parents to Disney so I am looking forward to sharing this new experience with him as well. He's not as over the top Disney crazy as me but I think we will have a blast at AoA.

Stayed at: AOA Lion King Suite, Bonnet Creek , POP Century, Coronado Springs Resort, Port Orleans Riverside, and The Dolphin (when I was really young)

Next Stay: Caribbean Beach Resort September 2014
Old 03-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #3034
mickeyfan0805
Mouseketeer

Just checked in for our April trip. It never provided me with an option to provide a preferred room location or request for bed rails. Do I have to call to place these requests? I thought I was able to do it online, and would rather not sit n hold calling if I can avoid it.

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #3035
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan0805 View Post
Just checked in for our April trip. It never provided me with an option to provide a preferred room location or request for bed rails. Do I have to call to place these requests? I thought I was able to do it online, and would rather not sit n hold calling if I can avoid it.

Thanks!
um how did you check in on an April trip. It's only March 1.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #3036
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl

um how did you check in on an April trip. It's only March 1.
You can check in 60 days prior. It was recently changed.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 03-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #3037
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan0805 View Post
Do I have to call to place these requests?
Yes. The new and "improved" website was supposed to allow you to enter requests, both predetermined and free form, upon online check-in. But as with many other "features", this has not gone as planned. Until they get all the kinks worked out, it is still recommended to call and have any requests added to your reservation.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #3038
smidgy
dimples

Quote:

we have "changitis" too. hubby calls it "I tink, therefore I am" he loves to tinker with a trip.

but you should STOP!!! now. you will love AOA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
I am very excited to say that I have decided that my upcoming trip in September will be a stay in a Lion King suite at AoA!!

I am very excited. This is a special trip with my brother and our cousin (who will be joining us half way through the stay...and yes we will put him on the reservation for length of stay so everything is on the up and up). We are all in our 20s and this will be my cousin's first trip ever to Disney World! That probably has me more excited than anything...I wish he could stay all week but we will make do with three full days plus arrival and departure day for him. Anyway...Lion King is his favorite Disney movie and I just thought this resort would be perfect.

So that will be two boys plus me (a girl) and I am looking forward to all the space, three beds, having my own bathroom, a kitchenette for easy snacks and stuff, and a new resort to add to my list of places I have stayed at. I seriously considered the LM rooms for my solo trip in April but they are more expensive than the rooms at Pop where I ended up booking instead. I can't wait to skip across the bridge (figuratively speaking) to visit AoA while I am at Pop in April though.

This is going to be so fun to stay there with my cousin for his first trip to Disney. I know some people are kind of "meh" about the over the top Disney decorations at the values but I am so pumped to share that side of Disney with a newbie. Oh...and my brother has never gone on a trip without the parents to Disney so I am looking forward to sharing this new experience with him as well. He's not as over the top Disney crazy as me but I think we will have a blast at AoA.
we will me at pop for 2 nights, april 15 and 16, then LM roos at AOA for 6 nights after. (we grew up in Chicago, but live in the fox valley area now).

I will be watching for a lone girl skipping along the bridge!!! and I will join you!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #3039
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

I have a question about parking at AoA. I know we can handle the walk from LM in the mornings but I'm not sure how my 7 year old will handle the walk back at night. We won't have a stroller and neither of us can carry her very far.

Since we are driving, not flying, is there parking located closer to the Bus Stop? Like can we drive from LM to the Bus and leave our car there so we can drive back at night? I know if there's parking, it wouldn't be guaranteed availability. I just can't picture the layout and wondering if there's a parking area there or not.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:01 AM   #3040
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeSeriously View Post
I just can't picture the layout and wondering if there's a parking area there or not.
If you look at the map in the first post of this thread, you will see there is parking in front of the bus stops.

Although, depending on how close you end up parking to the bus stops in the AM and how close you can park to your room at night you may end up walking further than if you skipped the car altogether.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #3041
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeSeriously View Post
I have a question about parking at AoA. I know we can handle the walk from LM in the mornings but I'm not sure how my 7 year old will handle the walk back at night. We won't have a stroller and neither of us can carry her very far.

Since we are driving, not flying, is there parking located closer to the Bus Stop? Like can we drive from LM to the Bus and leave our car there so we can drive back at night? I know if there's parking, it wouldn't be guaranteed availability. I just can't picture the layout and wondering if there's a parking area there or not.
well, considering there will be numerous children, of various ages, staying at ALL of the rooms at the resort, it shouldn't be too long of a walk for any of the children. if your child has a problem with longer walks, thenmaybe you should bring an umbrella stroller.

we toured with our 7 year old grandson recently, and he had absolutely NO problem with the tons of walking we did that trip.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #3042
trzur7
Earning My Ears

Room Access

By the looks of the pictures you enter and exit the room from inside the building, is this correct? There is no door that opens up to the outside?
Do the windows open?
Old 03-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #3043
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trzur7 View Post
By the looks of the pictures you enter and exit the room from inside the building, is this correct? There is no door that opens up to the outside?
Do the windows open?
With the suites (Nemo, Lion King, Cars), yes, you enter the buildings and the room hallways and doors are interior-facing. I don't think the windows open for the suites.

The Little Mermaid section with standard rooms has exterior "hallways" and doors. Definitely no opening of windows in the LM rooms.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 03-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #3044
trzur7
Earning My Ears

Thank you!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #3045
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Thanks dansdad! I'm not terribly worried about still having to walk a little ways after parking because my husband will be able to drop my daughter and I off near the buses or room. He and I can handle the extra walk at night but I know she won't be able to.

smidgy: I don't think the fact that lots of kids of all ages stay all over the resorts has any bearing on whether my daughter will be capable of making the walk after a full day or not. Sorry but that came off quite rude, like "if my kid can do it,
so can yours". Everyone has different needs and since I know my child well, I can assure you that she will not be able to make the walk back to the rooms at night. She won't have a problem during the day so toting a stroller (which most 7 year olds are too big for - all the umbrellas I have had have a 40lb limit) is over-kill for us if we can easily take the car.

On a related note, I was just recently made aware that as resort guests, we have free parking at the parks so it may not matter about the parking at AoA. We might just drive to the parks ourselves instead of taking the busses.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: