Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #931
mmmears
DIS Veteran

It's been several years since the CL lounges had water that we could take to the parks. I really wish they still did. For us water drinkers, the cases of soda and beer they serve don't mean anything.

The last few trips there was at least bottled water (in glass) in the lounge. But we have resorted to ordering cases from garden grocer, which really does seem silly when we are staying CL.

I have complained to the IPO offices each trip. Perhaps if more people do the same something will change.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 03-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #932
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
It's been several years since the CL lounges had water that we could take to the parks. I really wish they still did. For us water drinkers, the cases of soda and beer they serve don't mean anything.

The last few trips there was at least bottled water (in glass) in the lounge. But we have resorted to ordering cases from garden grocer, which really does seem silly when we are staying CL.

I have complained to the IPO offices each trip. Perhaps if more people do the same something will change.
So bottled water for CL guest to use in the parks were previously listed as a perk or was it just something CL provided to be used in the club or to take back to the room. I'm all for saying something but I'd love to know if it was actually a perk or something that CL guest just did on their own. Thanks

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #933
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm8 View Post
So bottled water for CL guest to use in the parks were previously listed as a perk or was it just something CL provided to be used in the club or to take back to the room. I'm all for saying something but I'd love to know if it was actually a perk or something that CL guest just did on their own. Thanks
Yes, quite a number of years ago (4 or 5 maybe?), bottled water for guests was a perk of CL. It went by the wayside when CL services were being cut due to the downturn in the economy. Given the exorbitant cost of CL these days, one would think it is a perk they could afford to reinstate.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #934
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Yes, quite a number of years ago (4 or 5 maybe?), bottled water for guests was a perk of CL. It went by the wayside when CL services were being cut due to the downturn in the economy. Given the exorbitant cost of CL these days, one would think it is a perk they could afford to reinstate.
Yep. They used to have bottles that we were welcome to take with us. And I agree that the cost of staying CL (over a regular room) has gone way up, while the amenities have been sliding some. Since we do split stays each time, it would be nice not to have to move a case or a case and a half of water each time...

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 03-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #935
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Thanks for responding, I guess I better grab two cases from the store tomorrow

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

Old 03-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #936
psac
DIS Veteran

This water thing is a bummer. Sounds like we'll need to make our complimentary Publix stop this trip just for water. We usually only stop when we do our DVC stays.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 03-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #937
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixmnrs View Post
We finally booked for the Polynesian CL, this summer for our first visit since 2009. Hoping the Volcano Pool won't be closed! Combining with our first visit to Universal right afterwards!
I just noticed this..

That was our last time at POLY CL too!

I wanted it for our Anniversary trip this April but it wasn't available with my 35% BB rate. I just couldn't let that rate go so we are trying BWI CL.

Hoping for a BB rate next year!
Old 03-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #938
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone, this is my first post! I've really enjoyed reading through this thread. I had a quick question, if staying club level, at then end of your trip can you check into ME and get boarding passes from the club level consierge or do you go into the main lobby to do it? Thanks!
Old 03-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #939
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Hi everyone, this is my first post! I've really enjoyed reading through this thread. I had a quick question, if staying club level, at then end of your trip can you check into ME and get boarding passes from the club level consierge or do you go into the main lobby to do it? Thanks!
In our experience, this is done for you on your last night. We woke up on our last morning and everything had been printed and was out under our door.

And..... to the Dis!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 03-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #940
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Hoping to do V&A's Queen Victoria room in October when we go - anyone have experience having the IPO set up this for them or should we do this on our own?

Also, we'll have to use Kids Nite Out that evening (staying Poly CL) - probably a dumb question and I know we'll figure it out, but wondering if anyone knew if will we have to meet the sitter somewhere or will they be able to come to the room directly somehow?
Old 03-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #941
PrincessShanShan
Mouseketeer

The last time I was able to get water bottles from CL was April 2011 at Contemporary and we had to specifically ask for them. They were the little bottles that are in the kids meals at the counter service restaurants.
Disneymoon Dec. 2006 BWV & Cont. Atrium Club
~December 22~
Living our happily ever after
Old 03-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #942
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Yay after lots and lots of math we pulled the trigger and booked BC CL SV! I can't believe it. We usually stay at POP. Going for 11 days 9/18-9/28. I'm so excited!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #943
MissionMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, quite a number of years ago (4 or 5 maybe?), bottled water for guests was a perk of CL. It went by the wayside when CL services were being cut due to the downturn in the economy. ...
and the amount of waste. Club CM's reported that many guest were stocking up their frigs with large volume of water bottles. When they leave they are required to be thrown away. Also, remember Disney has Green initiatives too. Just another case of people wanting and hording more than they need leading to changes.

Disney World - Magic Kingdom Entrance - Walk Around The World Brick Owner
Boardwalk Inn Photos
Typhoon Lagoon Photos
Wishes-Fireworks from PR & MK Photo Album - 30 Photos
Sea World and Marriott Rennaissance SW - Photo Album - 40+ Photos
Disney World Park and Deluxe Resort Photographs
Old 03-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #944
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Bottle Water - Being Green

The last few club level stays, I have packed a refillable water bottle, like the one I take to the gym. The Wilderness lodge has a large filtered, chilled water dispenser and I simply fill my water bottle up from there each time I go in and out of the hotel. Most of the clubs will have some type of filtered, chilled water, it just won't be in a convenient grab and go plastic bottle.

I do agree that we pay enough they should provide it, but also understand the attempt to eliminate so much waste.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 03-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #945
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Contacted IPO at YC, said that they provide both plastic and glass bottles when asked for

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: