DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
Hollymom1229
Art's Girl
I ran, I hid, I laid low, and yet somehow they found me
YEAH TERPS!!!

1 BDRs with a Fold Out Chair

My nephew graduates next year from high school and I'm intending to bring him to WDW for a week as a graduation present. It will be me, my mom, nephew and a friend of his choosing. I know teenage boys are not going to want to share a bed, but I only want to get a 1 BDR for the trip, so I'm trying to figure out which DVC 1 BDRs have the fold out chair bed. Mom and I will just share the king and give the boys the living room.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollymom1229 View Post
My nephew graduates next year from high school and I'm intending to bring him to WDW for a week as a graduation present. It will be me, my mom, nephew and a friend of his choosing. I know teenage boys are not going to want to share a bed, but I only want to get a 1 BDR for the trip, so I'm trying to figure out which DVC 1 BDRs have the fold out chair bed. Mom and I will just share the king and give the boys the living room.
OKW, BLT and AKV (but not the value villas). Kidani Village (but not Jambo House) and BLT will have the extra bathroom at the entrance to the villa.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
cvjw
DIS Veteran

I would only consider Kidani Village and BLT because of the extra bathroom in the 1 bedroom. Two 18 year old boys, and an aunt and grandma need 2 bathrooms. I would think that it would be awkward for the boy who is not family to share with a bathroom with the 2 women - the guys need their own space. Those 2 resorts also have the extra sleeper chair. Jambo and OKW have the extra chair, but only one bathroom.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjw View Post
I would only consider Kidani Village and BLT because of the extra bathroom in the 1 bedroom. Two 18 year old boys, and an aunt and grandma need 2 bathrooms. I would think that it would be awkward for the boy who is not family to share with a bathroom with the 2 women - the guys need their own space. Those 2 resorts also have the extra sleeper chair. Jambo and OKW have the extra chair, but only one bathroom.
Another vote for Kidani or BLT for the exact same reasons!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

I am usually a big supporter of AKV and Kidani, but in your case, I think the teenage young men would love being at BLT. They can walk to MK as they wish and take advantage of the late evening hours. They can hop a monorail to Epcot. The game room at CR is better than the ones at AKV. It's an ideal location for kids that age. You and your mom can take advantage of all of the dining options around the monorail.
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
Finally DVC
Earning My Ears

Have you considered two studios? The points are about the same as for a 1 bedroom, and that way you could have two bathrooms at whatever resort you choose. Also everybody gets a queen sized bed or a full sized sleeper and the friend won't get stuck on a sleeper chair. As long as one of the boys is 18 they can check into their own room.

We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together.

Grand Floridian 11/88----Dixie Landings 5/92----Yacht Club 1/94----AS Sports 12/94----Swan 4/95----AS Music 1/96----Wilderness Lodge 10/96----Ft. Wilderness Tent 4/97----Fort Wilderness Tent/Beach Club 4/98----Caribbean Beach Resort 6/99----Contemporary 1/00----Contemporary 11/00----Port Orleans Riverside 11/01----Yacht Club 8/03----Pop Century/Polynesian 11/05----Coronado Springs 11/06----Dolphin 6/07----Yacht Club 8/07----Pop Century 12/08----SSR 8/09----BLT 7/10----OKW 8/10----HHI 11/10----Port Orleans French Quarter 1/11----VWL 3/11----BWV 6/11----OKW 12/11----BLT 6/12----BLT 1/13----BLT 7/13----Port Orleans Riverside 8/13----AS Sports 9/13----Yacht Club 11/13----VGF/BLT 1/14
Finally DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally DVC View Post
Have you considered two studios? The points are about the same as for a 1 bedroom, and that way you could have two bathrooms at whatever resort you choose. Also everybody gets a queen sized bed or a full sized sleeper and the friend won't get stuck on a sleeper chair. As long as one of the boys is 18 they can check into their own room.
That would be my vote unless you were looking at cooking in the room for the week. The boys could get some privacy and not wake you (if they are anything like I was at 18.... A total night owl) when they come in after late park hours.

If your set on 1br absolutely go with AKV or BLT as that extra bathroom (with shower) is huge. 4 adults sharing one shower for a week will not be fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: