Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #376
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Very cool! Are you going to DL again for your birthday? I think I'm remembering you went last year.

I just found my map because I was confused. There is no name for the eating area at Serenity Bay. Cookies BBQ is at the snorkling lagoon and Cookies Too is in front of Pelican Plunge. We ate at Cookies BBQ on the second CC day on our first cruise and did not like it as much as Serenity Bay. I thought there were more options and at SB for vegetarians.

I know, those luggage tags are a sign the end is near
Okay, I wasn't sure what the name of the place was where we ate at (at Serenity Bay) and had just assumed it was Cookies Too. That's what I put on my TR for our Bahamian cruise. Oops!

Yes! I did go last year for my birthday! I'm actually trying to figure out what to do this year. I have a few options. Either going to the coast for the night and eating at some of my favorite restaurants (that my family won't eat at because they don't like that type of food), going to Disneyland but not visiting Disneyland (just having a nice dinner at Napa Rose and staying for one night) or going to LA and seeing the Beauty and the Beast musical for the day. Decisions, decisions!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #377
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Uh oh...you better not let Alison see a disappointing review for the Grand Marnier Souffle! She may kick your butt!

I just noticed that Jack was your server. He was our head server too for our Mexican Riviera cruise! He was great and fun!
From all these grand reports of that souffle I was expecting something out of this world delicious. The sauce was magnificent but the souffle itself tasted like a big piece of egg. Not my favorite thing as a dessert. Maybe it was cooked wrong Mom said it was definitely better on the Dream so maybe I'll give it another chance.

Jack was great. I regret not giving Cindy, our assistant server, a bigger tip since she was even better but I'll have to remember for next time. They automatically added the tips this time and it seemed too much of a bother to go to guest services to change them. I guess we could have put some cash in her envelope... All these little things I need to remember.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #378
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Okay, I wasn't sure what the name of the place was where we ate at (at Serenity Bay) and had just assumed it was Cookies Too. That's what I put on my TR for our Bahamian cruise. Oops!

Yes! I did go last year for my birthday! I'm actually trying to figure out what to do this year. I have a few options. Either going to the coast for the night and eating at some of my favorite restaurants (that my family won't eat at because they don't like that type of food), going to Disneyland but not visiting Disneyland (just having a nice dinner at Napa Rose and staying for one night) or going to LA and seeing the Beauty and the Beast musical for the day. Decisions, decisions!
I thought the place had a name but I can't for the life of me remember what it Is. And it's definitely not on the map unless they count it as the same place as the bar but they were not attached to each other.

Those are all fun options! Anything you do I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 03-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #379
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

What a shame about the souffle. I am another huge fan. Let's hope the pastry chef just had an off night.

The foot outlet at Serenity Bay is called Serenity Bay BBQ.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #380
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:
From all these grand reports of that souffle I was expecting something out of this world delicious. The sauce was magnificent but the souffle itself tasted like a big piece of egg. Not my favorite thing as a dessert. Maybe it was cooked wrong Mom said it was definitely better on the Dream so maybe I'll give it another chance.

Jack was great. I regret not giving Cindy, our assistant server, a bigger tip since she was even better but I'll have to remember for next time. They automatically added the tips this time and it seemed too much of a bother to go to guest services to change them. I guess we could have put some cash in her envelope... All these little things I need to remember.
We just put cash in along with the little slip. That way they have something for an immediate spend!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip! I am very much looking forward to your next adventure!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 40/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #381
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
We just put cash in along with the little slip. That way they have something for an immediate spend!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip! I am very much looking forward to your next adventure!
That's a good idea. I'll bring some extra cash in case.

Thanks so much for following along there will definitely be a TR for the next trip. I'm so excited to see the Fantasy!

Old 03-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #382
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
What a shame about the souffle. I am another huge fan. Let's hope the pastry chef just had an off night.
I hope it was just a fluke. I'll have to give the soufflé another chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
The foot outlet at Serenity Bay is called Serenity Bay BBQ.

Corinna

Thanks. I thought it had a name.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #383
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry some of these pictures are so big. I just switched over to the new photobucket, they all say they're the same size. I don't know what to do.
Photobucket can be crazy! And such a pain. I've contacted them several times about my edited pics. What I've found is that it usually takes 3 or 4 days for the edited pictures to show up. Eventually they will all show up correctly. So weird, isn't it...some pics can be fine and some won't be. Who knows?!

Absolutely beautiful pics of CC!! Love that place!! It's 33 degrees here this morning, so it was quite the treat to see some new photos of the CC. Must be nice going straight to Serenity Bay and by-passing all the kids Can't believe yall leave in 7 days for ANOTHER cruise!!! I'm so jealous. I'll certainly be looking forward to some more pictures You've probably already told us, but where does this cruise take you?

Have a great weekend!!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #384
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Photobucket can be crazy! And such a pain. I've contacted them several times about my edited pics. What I've found is that it usually takes 3 or 4 days for the edited pictures to show up. Eventually they will all show up correctly. So weird, isn't it...some pics can be fine and some won't be. Who knows?!

Absolutely beautiful pics of CC!! Love that place!! It's 33 degrees here this morning, so it was quite the treat to see some new photos of the CC. Must be nice going straight to Serenity Bay and by-passing all the kids Can't believe yall leave in 7 days for ANOTHER cruise!!! I'm so jealous. I'll certainly be looking forward to some more pictures You've probably already told us, but where does this cruise take you?

Have a great weekend!!
Heather
Heather I'm so excited!!! I never changed the ticker but we leave one day before the cruise and will stay at VWL for one night. The flights on Friday were $200 less each ticket.

This next one is a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy. Two days at sea, then St Thomas, Puerto Rico, a third day at sea, and the last day at CC. Then I'm going to WDW, AKV CL, for four days afterwards. This is the big vacation of the year, my birthday trip.

This new photobucket is driving me crazy! All the new photos go to the bottom of the album instead of the top. The sizes are huge and it is so slow!

I love CC, it is so gorgeous. I'll have to brave the kids this trip, I want to find that Mickey statue in the snorkeling lagoon! More pictures will be taken that's for sure.

Thanks, hope you have a great weekend too!

Old 03-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #385
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

What a great TR

I'm sad that its at an end but hopefully we won't have to wait too long for another one !
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #386
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Pam, loved your report and looking forward to the next.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #387
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
What a great TR

I'm sad that its at an end but hopefully we won't have to wait too long for another one !
Thanks so much for following along I will definitely be doing one for the upcoming trip. Lots of 'firsts' I'm looking forward to.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #388
Pinkocto

Disney Dream and Disney Wonder comparison:

First let me say both ships are magnificent. Overall there is not one thing that would make me choose one ship over the other.

Things I prefer on the Dream:

Cabanas is the buffet restaurant and far surpasses BBB in design and variety. It is set up as several different ‘pods’ so you can jump from one pod to the next without having to stand in one long line.

I liked the Walt Disney Theater on the Dream much more. Having the balcony area is very convenient. It makes for a quicker exit because there are less people leaving the area.

I prefer the counter service areas on the Dream over the Wonder because I liked them being a little separated from the pools. I also prefer the pizza on the Dream.

I also like the shopping areas on the Dream over the Wonder, there were more and they were bigger.

Things I prefer on the Wonder:

The Rainforest Room is at the top of the list. The one on the Dream is lovely but the one on the Wonder is completely different. All the tile work is so beautiful. The saunas and showers are very different in a better way. I do prefer the heated tile loungers on the Dream because they got quite hot and the Dream has hot tubs but other than those two things the Wonder’s far surpasses the Dream’s Rainforest Room.

The size of the Wonder is much more manageable than the Dream. On the Wonder we regularly took the stairs because everything is much closer to each other.

The Quiet Cove area on the Wonder is much better than on the Dream in my opinion. It is actually open to the sun whereas on the Dream it is enclosed by the upper deck.

I liked the Cove Café on the Wonder over the Dream because you can help yourself to the goodies, but on the Dream you have to have someone serve you.

Even though we never made it to any of the clubs I prefer the look of Route 66 on the Wonder over The District on the Dream. Everything from the carpet to the walls to the elevators were so well themed.

Definitely prefer Shutters on the Wonder. On the Dream it was not placed in a very good area.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #389
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Pam, loved your report and looking forward to the next.
Thanks so much!

I started uploading the Cozumel pictures. I took so many of each of those places I'm having to pick and choose. Just didn't want you to think I forgot. The place you're leaning towards, do you book that through DCL or directly?

Old 03-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #390
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Thanks so much!

I started uploading the Cozumel pictures. I took so many of each of those places I'm having to pick and choose. Just didn't want you to think I forgot. The place you're leaning towards, do you book that through DCL or directly?

Thank you. Nachi Cocom is booked through them or a tour company but not through Disney. http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: