Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
Brittany12
Earning My Ears

Anything special for birthdays?

Hi everyone! This is my first post! I will be taking my second DCL cruise next year. It feels like it is a lifetime away! My boyfriend and I will be cruising to the Eastern Caribbean. We will be on Castaway Cay for my 24th birthday! I was wondering if DCL does anything special for birthdays? If not then that's fine but if so I think that will only add to the magic.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany12 View Post
Hi everyone! This is my first post! I will be taking my second DCL cruise next year. It feels like it is a lifetime away! My boyfriend and I will be cruising to the Eastern Caribbean. We will be on Castaway Cay for my 24th birthday! I was wondering if DCL does anything special for birthdays? If not then that's fine but if so I think that will only add to the magic.
You can pick up "It's My Birthday" buttons at Guest Services onboard. And at dinner, you will get a special chocolate mousse sort of dessert and your servers will sing Happy Birthday.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
GrumpyBelle
DIS Veteran

The dining room servers will sing to you and then you will be given some sort of special dessert.

8/2006 ASMu/3 night DCL, 8/2007 CBR/4 night DCL, 8/]2008 WL, 8/2009 SSR, 3/2010 AKV-Kidani, 8/2010 BWV/5 night DCL, 4/2011 AKV-Jambo/Kidani, 8/2011 DCL Alaskan, 8/2012 AKV-Kidani, 2/2013 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean/Puerto Rico, 8/2013 CSR, 11/2013 Celtic Thunder Cruise--Western Caribbean--Carnival Victory, 2/2014 AKV-Kidani, 8/2014 RCCL Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean, 11/2014 Celtic Thunder Cruise 2--MSC Divina
GrumpyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
You can pick up "It's My Birthday" buttons at Guest Services onboard. And at dinner, you will get a special chocolate mousse sort of dessert and your servers will sing Happy Birthday.
Ohh!! This is cool. I will have to do that. I didn't think they did anything special and my DS turns 10 on the ship this April. He might get a kick out of having a special button. Thanks for the heads up on that!

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
ludari
DIS Veteran

What the others have posted is true but it all depends on you. I have been on two solo cruises during my birthday and I really didn't want a fuss made and DCL respected that. I think if I was travelling with family or friends I would have made a bigger deal about it.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #6
castmbr
DIS Veteran

Make sure to have it noted on your reservation that it is your bday. We just got back from my dd's 24th bday cruise today (so sad we are back) and she got a magical moment certificate with a pin in our stateroom upon arrival (day before actual bday), a really cool bday magnet on our bathroom door and another pin and bday card in the stateroom on her bday and since we were in Palo on her bday night, the chocolate cake/mousse thing and a bday song from the servers in our MDR the night after her bday. We played bingo the entire time and Happy Birthday to..... came up on the big screen each day. It was a great experience for her.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
Brittany12
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by castmbr View Post
Make sure to have it noted on your reservation that it is your bday. We just got back from my dd's 24th bday cruise today (so sad we are back) and she got a magical moment certificate with a pin in our stateroom upon arrival (day before actual bday), a really cool bday magnet on our bathroom door and another pin and bday card in the stateroom on her bday and since we were in Palo on her bday night, the chocolate cake/mousse thing and a bday song from the servers in our MDR the night after her bday. We played bingo the entire time and Happy Birthday to..... came up on the big screen each day. It was a great experience for her.
Oh wow! That sounds like it was an amazing experience! We are purchasing our tickets tomorrow so I will make sure to note it during the process!

Thanks to everyone for their responses!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
dorothyn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany12 View Post
When we cruised in 2010 I somehow indicated that the cruise was for my mom's birthday. They brought her a cake at dinner, even though the cruise wasn't technically on her birthday (even though it was a birthday present). So if you tell them it's your birthday I'm sure you'll get something. I know the servers sing
dorothyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #9
Brittany12
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorothyn View Post
When we cruised in 2010 I somehow indicated that the cruise was for my mom's birthday. They brought her a cake at dinner, even though the cruise wasn't technically on her birthday (even though it was a birthday present). So if you tell them it's your birthday I'm sure you'll get something. I know the servers sing
Thanks for the reply! That was nice of them to bring out a cake even though it wasn't her birthday! I think it would be awesome for the servers to sing! It definitely would make things more special!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: