Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #31
iluvDisneyCruise
If you can dream it, You can do it. ~Walt Disney

We did the parks then the cruise. We felt it was the best way because we burnt off all the stress from home by running around the parks like crazy then we were able to totally relax and enjoy our cruise. We got home feelin so rested.
iluvDisneyCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:57 AM   #32
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppony
Parks before and after.
Just our feelings.
We did that in 2005 for our wedding/honeymoon. Spent 5 nights at WDW (3 intensive park days & one wedding day), went on a 3-night Wonder, then back to WDW for 5 more nights. We were so relaxed from the cruise, that it was difficult to tour the parks (June, so summer crowds).

Having to do that over again, I would've done most of the the WDW before, and gone on a 4-night cruise and then had one day after the cruise at WDW.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #33
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

Is it just me or is the title of this thread misleading? cruise or disney first? If you're on this board, isn't the cruise also Disney? So isn't it Disney or Disney first? Sorry - couldn't resist.

That said, we are generally only 7-night cruise people and we like to spend a few days at DVC resorts relaxing after our cruise. We might go into the Disney parks one day, but we enjoy going to our second "home" after stepping off the ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjacobi View Post
We've done Land and Sea, but learned that we perfer Land ***OR*** Sea. We definately prefer 7-days in one place rather then 2 seperate short stays.

-Paul
I completely agree. We did a short cruise once. Never again as a family. Too stressful. Next year, we are doing a true land/sea trip with 8-nights at BLT followed by a 7-night cruise. Hopefully, that will alleviate any feeling of being rushed either week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDiana View Post

To all the previous posters that say that the cruises are "relaxing," you can't possibly mean a 3-night Bahamian! We were go-go-go the whole time and only booked it because my dad was scared to cruise and we were treating my parents.
I completely agree. I've never done a 3-night, but we did a 4-night as a family once and it was far from relaxing. I prefer a minimum of 7-nights on the cruise to truly relax. That's why our WDW stay is generally a bit shorter when we do a cruise.
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #34
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDisneyDad View Post

I completely agree. I've never done a 3-night, but we did a 4-night as a family once and it was far from relaxing. I prefer a minimum of 7-nights on the cruise to truly relax. That's why our WDW stay is generally a bit shorter when we do a cruise.
Lol, we did a 4 night cruise in January and all we did was chill on deck chairs pretty much the whole time...except at Castaway Cay where we chilled in hammocks on the Adult Beach. I can relax on a 3 night cruise. We're going on a Med cruise next summer and I'm sure there will be nothing about that cruise that is relaxing!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #35
Magic-cruiser
Much more betterer

I traveled with a group of 7 others, most of us felt really depressed on the last day of our 7 day Western.
It was so much easier knowing we still had a week at WDW to look forward to.
(And, after a week at WDW, I felt ready to come home.)
I can't imagine walking off the ship thinking now I must head home.
It was nice to have that buffer.

Magic-cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #36
natandscott
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
I'm always in the minority here....the only way I can bear getting off the ship is knowing we are headed to the parks!
Ps....we have done it both ways as well.

That's a great point!

We would ordinarily do the parks first, as well, but this this year we're doing the parks after just based on what the flight times are. We go to WDW pretty much every year, so we don't feel like we have to do every single ride in every single park---we're planning on just taking it easy those three days after the cruise and just visit MK on the second day, and hang out at the resort (contemporary I think) the remainder of the time.
March 2010: Disney's Boardwalk
November 2011: Disney's Wilderness Lodge
December 2012: Disney's Beach Club Resort
January 2014: Disney Cruise (Fantasy); Port Orleans Riverside; Pop Century
natandscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #37
tajz90
Mama D

My kids are done with the cruise about midnight the last night. They will say its just too sad knowing it's over! Haha. So we normally do parks after. Wake up, eat, leave!

We've done both before, after and even sandwiched a cruise. That happens to be our favorite. Go to Disney, cruise and end with universal or vice versa.

Good luck. Have fun.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: