Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #646
Runrmom
Earning My Ears

Yay for early planning! We just returned from the World 2/8, so starting to plan again is really helping with the Post-Disney Blues. We will be going down for the Princess Half Feb. 2014. Hopefully, we will be staying 2/21-2/27ish at AoA in LM room. Me, DH, DD(will be 5), and DD(will be 2). Our best friends (couple and their teen daughter) will also be along for the ride. Looking forward to running under the castle with my best friend and enjoying a week with Mickey and our families after!
Runrmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #647
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runrmom View Post
Yay for early planning! We just returned from the World 2/8, so starting to plan again is really helping with the Post-Disney Blues. We will be going down for the Princess Half Feb. 2014. Hopefully, we will be staying 2/21-2/27ish at AoA in LM room. Me, DH, DD(will be 5), and DD(will be 2). Our best friends (couple and their teen daughter) will also be along for the ride. Looking forward to running under the castle with my best friend and enjoying a week with Mickey and our families after!
Hello, and to our group! Glad you decided to join us!

Planning the next trip always helps me get over the PDB as well. Wish you the best of luck in the race next year - sounds like fun!

I'll add you to the list for the dates and resort you listed - if anything changes, let me know and I'll get it updated.

Meanwhile, feel free to join in the conversation!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #648
Runrmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan

Hello, and to our group! Glad you decided to join us!

Planning the next trip always helps me get over the PDB as well. Wish you the best of luck in the race next year - sounds like fun!

I'll add you to the list for the dates and resort you listed - if anything changes, let me know and I'll get it updated.

Meanwhile, feel free to join in the conversation!
Thanks for the welcome and for starting this thread! Did I see mention of a Facebook group somewhere?
Old 02-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #649
Aunt Peggy
Mouseketeer

A Very Merry Birthday!!

It's a family event in January 2014 for my great-nieces,Taylor & Brianna's 4th birthday.
Our ressies are at OKW January 19-26. Joining us will be their mom & dad Amy & Mike, their grandparents Linda & George Kent, their aunt Kristina Kent, my friend Pat and of course me.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #650
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Peggy View Post
It's a family event in January 2014 for my great-nieces,Taylor & Brianna's 4th birthday.
Our ressies are at OKW January 19-26. Joining us will be their mom & dad Amy & Mike, their grandparents Linda & George Kent, their aunt Kristina Kent, my friend Pat and of course me.
Hello Aunt Peggy, and to the group! It sounds like you have a wonderful 4th birthday celebration trip planned. I hope it's magical for everyone!

Old 02-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #651
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Disney Princess Half Marathon

For those who are interested in participating in the Disney Princess Half Marathon, the dates have been announced. I have a link to the official page, along with the dates, in Post #2 of this thread.

Good luck to all who are planning to participate!

Old 02-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #652
jimjenkids
Mouseketeer

any guesses as to when they will have the rates out and open to book for Xmas season 2014? I never plan this far out, but I am starting my binder now-have things we didnt do that we want to the next trip as well as our must haves.....seems a bit odd to be wanting to plan now, but really wish it was for this xmas, guess if I plan this far out, the more money we will have saved up for all the extras!

2014:Amazing Christmas vacation & 20th wedding anniversary -CBC, 2012:xmas-Pop century, 2010:CBC, 2008:ASMovie, 2000:Movies, 1999: sports, 1995:POF, 1984:Polly

jimjenkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #653
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjenkids View Post
any guesses as to when they will have the rates out and open to book for Xmas season 2014? I never plan this far out, but I am starting my binder now-have things we didnt do that we want to the next trip as well as our must haves.....seems a bit odd to be wanting to plan now, but really wish it was for this xmas, guess if I plan this far out, the more money we will have saved up for all the extras!
Usually, about 500 days out. Then from there, you can book 'room only' deals to lock yourself in.

So, sometime between June/July of this year.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #654
Runrmom
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the Princess Half updates, BearcatsFan!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #655
cadale
Mouseketeer

Just thought I would join in. We are going on a Disney Cruise from May 18 to 22 and then doing the 22nd through the 26th at POR. The cruise is a college graduation present for my son and then SWW to finish it off.

2000: ASM, 2003: ASM, 2006: POR, 2007: CSR, 2008: POR,VWL, 2009: SSR, 2010: BLT, 2011: OKW (2), 2012: BLT, 2013: SSR, BLT/AK, 2014: BCV/SSR
cadale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #656
cadale
Mouseketeer

forgot to subscribe

2000: ASM, 2003: ASM, 2006: POR, 2007: CSR, 2008: POR,VWL, 2009: SSR, 2010: BLT, 2011: OKW (2), 2012: BLT, 2013: SSR, BLT/AK, 2014: BCV/SSR
cadale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #657
dreajoyanne
Our Fairytale Beginning

Dh and I are trying to decide whether to go in early March, or toward the end of March early April. Wanting to avoid spring break and any cheerleading competitions...does anyone have any advice?
2010 - POFQ - Celebration of my completion of J.D.!
2012 - POFQ - BABYMOON - our little bundle is due July
Planning our 2014 trip with baby Hugo!

dreajoyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 PM   #658
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreajoyanne View Post
Dh and I are trying to decide whether to go in early March, or toward the end of March early April. Wanting to avoid spring break and any cheerleading competitions...does anyone have any advice?
I don't know how accurate my advice is, but I would think it would be less crowded at the beginning of March. I think the further into the month you go, the more spring break crowds there will be. Cheerleading competitions are usually in early February.

As for us ~ back story, we are doing an Orlando vacation this summer, but not Disney. I know we will not be going to Disney this summer, at all, but I just can't help but hope maybe we will end up there for a day. However, it will have to completely be DH's idea, b/c he is the one who wants a break and not to go again until 2014. Well, today, out of nowhere, he said, I had a dream last night that we went to Disney one day this summer during our trip and we had a really great time!! Maybe there's hope? lol
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #659
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runrmom View Post
Thanks for the Princess Half updates, BearcatsFan!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreajoyanne View Post
I can't advise about cheerleading competitions. As far as how heavy the crowds will be, have you checked any of the crowd calendars? This years will be up for March and April, and at least that would give you some idea of how next year might look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
As for us ~ back story, we are doing an Orlando vacation this summer, but not Disney. I know we will not be going to Disney this summer, at all, but I just can't help but hope maybe we will end up there for a day. However, it will have to completely be DH's idea, b/c he is the one who wants a break and not to go again until 2014. Well, today, out of nowhere, he said, I had a dream last night that we went to Disney one day this summer during our trip and we had a really great time!! Maybe there's hope? lol
Mickey is invading your DH's dreams and sending him subliminal messages! I'd say there is definitely hope - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I have a feeling once you get to Orlando, there's no way you'll be able to stay away ... even if you only go one day.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:38 AM   #660
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadale View Post
Just thought I would join in. We are going on a Disney Cruise from May 18 to 22 and then doing the 22nd through the 26th at POR. The cruise is a college graduation present for my son and then SWW to finish it off.
Hello, and to the 2014 group!

This trip sounds like a wonderful graduation present! Do you have any other fun things planned for while you're there, like ordering a specialty cake for him?

I'll get you added to the list. Look forward to getting to know you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: