Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #61
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy

If it makes you more comfortable to have a note from your doctor, then by all means bring it. However, if your own local ER repeatedly puts you through tests before administering IV med for migraine - and assuming you have a "history" there - then I wouldn't expect anything different onboard the ship. As to whether or not they might quarantine...nobody can guarantee yes or no; if they can are able to decisively determine it is a migraine, then no reason to quarantine because they would then be certain you weren't going to transmit illness to anyone else. If there are other variables in play and it's not a clear-cut migraine issue - you might be quarantined but likely only for a day to see if you are better. I also suffer migraines so I literally understand your concern, however it's just a risk. Can you take anything oral? (I can't.) Do you know your triggers? Do your best to avoid them and hope for an uneventful cruise - in my experience stressing over it would only serve to bring on a migraine.

Enjoy your cruise!
I live on Excedrin Migraine! And I have never found (nor have any doctors) a reason or cause of my headaches. I have daily headaches as well.... Been on many medications & tried many procedures & even had surgeries (for other reasons) that doctors believed may improve them, nothing has!
And that is my same experience, stress makes it worse! Not stressing - just wondered if it helps to have a note or not is all.
I will simply start praying for a clean sail!!! :-)
Old 02-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #62
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAbby'sMom View Post
I live on Excedrin Migraine! And I have never found (nor have any doctors) a reason or cause of my headaches. I have daily headaches as well.... Been on many medications & tried many procedures & even had surgeries (for other reasons) that doctors believed may improve them, nothing has!
And that is my same experience, stress makes it worse! Not stressing - just wondered if it helps to have a note or not is all.
I will simply start praying for a clean sail!!! :-)
Ah, sounds a lot like me! I thought I was the only one.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #63
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy

Ah, sounds a lot like me! I thought I was the only one.
Nope... This has been my life for the past 20+ years! I guess that's why I want to be prepared! :-)
Old 02-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #64
gotomu212
Mouseketeer

I think people understand using a little common sense when filling out the health form. When I was 8 weeks pregnant and cruising I had morning sickness. Husband was not thinking at all and marked the yes for vomiting (it was our first cruise so I'll cut him some slack). When they saw the yes they pulled us aside and made us wait for 45 minutes to talk to the doctor. Once he came out and found out I was just pregnant he rolled his eyes and said I don't think that's contagious and then winked at my husband (uh WHY THE WINK DUDE).

That form is asking about contagious illnesses not morning sickness, not air sickness from your turbulence flight the night beforehand, not you 5 year old who throws up on every car ride, a known migraine condition, or your baby who spits up everything with GERD.

Just some advice for those who have a husband with a terminal case of common sense lack-itis.
gotomu212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #65
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan888 View Post
I am honestly appalled by this. It is absolutely infuriating. No one wants to miss out on a vacation they are looking up to, but you are so selfish that you would jeopardize other peoples vacation just so you don't miss yours? Put yourself on the other side. Would you want other people to do this and risk the health of you and your family and your vacation time? Very poor advice for others and horrible what you are teaching your children.
Careful -I said something negative about this poster and got some sort of points docked or something.
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #66
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

We go to WDW twice a year and have been on 2 cruises, going again this year. My list of OTCs grows each time... LOL!!! I ALWAYS bring the following: Advil, Tylenol, ain't-gas, anti-diarrheal, tums, Benadryl, band aids, neosporin, etc. did I mention I am a nurse... Last year, DH got very sick while at WDW. This happened about 40 hours before going home. Luckily, he was the only one. I quarantined him to the room myself without getting anyone else involved. He never left between sat afternoon and Monday morning when we left. I took our two kids out of there as much as I could; to let him rest and keep everyone healthy. It worked.

I'm sorry for your Mom. That really stinks...
Old 02-28-2013, 02:48 AM   #67
ChristinaDK
Just like we dreeeeeaaaamm it

My boyfriend has a lot of diaree. But hi is not sick, it's because of some medicin he gets per 2. Mouth. Do he need to be in his room?

ChristinaDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:02 AM   #68
ChristinaDK
Just like we dreeeeeaaaamm it

And it's not really diaree but more smuth poo (sorry)

ChristinaDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #69
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaDK View Post
My boyfriend has a lot of diaree. But hi is not sick, it's because of some medicin he gets per 2. Mouth. Do he need to be in his room?
No, since it is a side-effect of a medication he can prove he takes, it should be no problem. Since he's used to this situation, it's not likely he would go to the medical office so there is no way anybody would know. He should bring along whatever he normally uses to offset the unpleasant side-effects.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #70
ilovetexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
While I agree that lying on the health form is not a good idea, two cruises is not a pattern, only a statistical anomaly. We have sailed on DCL three times and have yet to get sick.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Well I'm glad for you but we didn't have that experience. I've sailed ten times, only two with DCL. We've only encountered illness twice....guess which two cruises?

Semantics aside, this is not the first thread where people were encouraging others to bring sick kids on DCL ships. Bad idea!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: