facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #31
WDWorBUST
BL II - Purple Team
Okay I need my head examined....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
WDWorBUST.......Welcome aboard our big happy weight-loss bus!!! (Love your username!)
Thanks! When I joined this forum I had just been to WDW for the first time- what I thought would be a once in a lifetime trip and desperately wanted to go back. We have since been "almost" every year.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #32
Silstone
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!!!

New to the board and hoping to have this push me to the final goal.

My bio: 42 year old Ft. Lauderdale city girl moved to small town in SC to start my career as a School Psychologist 7 years ago. Not much to do, so the weight came on. Unfortunately, no one else in my immediate family is "healthy", so although everyone here says I look fabulous, my family knows better.

I've lost 10lbs so far for Jan and Feb. I'm 4'11 and would love to lose 8 for March. Why so obsessed? Cruising on April 8 to the Caribbean with DH, 15 year old DS and my very thin sister who is my replicate 15 years ago. Can't accept taking pictures in bathing suits together and seeing a difference.

One thing that has REALLY helped - The fitbit! It opened my eyes as to how little I walk daily and pushes me to meet the daily walk allowance. That and asking myself if what I'm eating is a need or a want has also helped.

So enough said, lets start march with pixie dust in the air!!!

Silvia
Silstone is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #33
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWorBUST View Post
I need some accountability....I would love to join you guys again. It's been a while but I used to be a regular on the WISH boards and BL challenges.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
I think that the combination of going to a class every week and joining you guys on here is working for me really well.

The Slimming class is working towards my long term goal (not really decided what it is yet...but it sure is a lot of lbs!) and doing these monthly challenges with you all on TheDis is helping me to break it down into manageable chunks. Since 7th Jan I've lost 19.5lb in total.

Thanks so much to you all for just being there.
Jeez-- you deserve a fruit tree for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I'm in for the month too. I'm going to send my weight tomorrow. I want to do my official weigh in on March 1st.
Yeah me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silstone View Post
Hi everyone!!!

New to the board and hoping to have this push me to the final goal.

My bio: 42 year old Ft. Lauderdale city girl moved to small town in SC to start my career as a School Psychologist 7 years ago. Not much to do, so the weight came on. Unfortunately, no one else in my immediate family is "healthy", so although everyone here says I look fabulous, my family knows better.

I've lost 10lbs so far for Jan and Feb. I'm 4'11 and would love to lose 8 for March. Why so obsessed? Cruising on April 8 to the Caribbean with DH, 15 year old DS and my very thin sister who is my replicate 15 years ago. Can't accept taking pictures in bathing suits together and seeing a difference.

One thing that has REALLY helped - The fitbit! It opened my eyes as to how little I walk daily and pushes me to meet the daily walk allowance. That and asking myself if what I'm eating is a need or a want has also helped.

So enough said, lets start march with pixie dust in the air!!!

Silvia
Something like a cruise is huge motivation. Not only the pictures, but just being able to have a good time-- not be hurting or huffing and puffing...
Old 03-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #34
njcarita
BL II - Red Team
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
the name DANNY TERRIO pooped into my head
I swear I am full of useless information...

okay im in again................ do we pm weight like is the last few challanges..............i guess to thread starter??

before 1988 didn't keep track- must have been over 20 times to disney- went every year with family

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight
Jan 1 2013 194.8lbs Height 5'9" BMI 28.8

Jan 1 2014 187.4 BMI 27.7Goal 150[/COLOR][/FONT]
njcarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:11 AM   #35
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Good MORNING Wishers!!!!

It is March 1st and snowing here. Not enough to cancel school but I am sure driving will be a slow. Trying to get the kid up and moving and then get the trash out. That is always fun....NOT!

Have a great friday!!!
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #36
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWorBUST View Post
I need some accountability....I would love to join you guys again. It's been a while but I used to be a regular on the WISH boards and BL challenges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silstone View Post
Can I join? Happened to stumble across this thread and need the push.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1211 View Post
Hello! I would love to join in. I will myself in the morning and pm my starting weight. I would like to lose 3 lbs this month.

A little about myself. My name is Wendy and I a sahm to 5 girls. I am only 4'11" so even though I don't weigh much, I am over weight. I actually lost 14 pounds back in October and have kept off most of it. (I range from 1-4 lbs more on any given day.). I would like to lose at least another 15 lbs before my trip to WDW in September.

I hope to get to know everyone better soon.

Good morning everyone! Welcome guys! Good luck with your goals this month!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #37
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Good morning and happy March everyone! And happy Friday too! I was super happy to see the scale move down 2 pounds yesterday, bringing my total to 5 pounds for February, which I think is good after taking a week and a half off when I got sick

to all the new people! Let's make this a great month

Last edited by araes2102; 03-01-2013 at 11:42 PM.
araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #38
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

I'm in for March. I lost 4.4 in Feb, just shy of the 5 pounds but I'm chalking that up to some extra sodium yesterday I caved on some popcorn

I'm going for another 5 this month. Hey there's a couple extra days compared to Feb so should be doable. I made a big wall calendar for our big Canada trip in August (DisL is right after). That's 5 months so gives me 5lb a month plus a little buffer. Hoping that big glaring calendar keeps me in check.

I feel like I've done pretty well making more time for workouts. Virtually eleminating all soda . I think I had 2 w/ Splenda the entire month so considering I was a 3 a day diet coke girl I'm pretty happy w that. I feel like my sugar cravings have seriously subsided w/o all that artificial sweetener. I'm so glad I did that and thank some of you WISH-ers on here for encouraging me!

My only beverages are plain tea (flavored like natural vanilla Rooibos) and water.

No time for workout this morning w/ kid and school stuff but I've already scheduled it in my brain for tonight!

Have a healthy day!
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #39
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Can I vent for a second, I need to get this off my chest.

I'm pissed off.
I mean really pissed off.
I was feeling great this morning, tried on a bunch of dressier clothes because I wanted to see how they fit, tossed 1/2 in the donate pile because they were to big. Tried on my painting jeans, and I could put them on and zipper them while standing up and they felt really good. I could also squat in them which is great for when I'm using the roller.
I was going to come here and post a great inspirational story about my journey and try to hopefully encourage other people, yada yada yada.

Well then I get a phone call from a parent. Why? Because I told DS12 to tell her kid not to call my house because when I answer the phone she won't say anything and hangs up. DUH, I know it's you, it's called caller ID. And I told DS to tell the other girl not to email photos of herself to my computer. Why? Because while it was a just a head shot, I could tell she only had a bra on.
Oh but I'm the mean one and they are scared of me. What the hell ever!!!
Uh no, not saying anything on the phone and hanging up is rude and disrespectful. I own the phone, I pay the bill, I answer the phone, I get to make the rules. You're rude to me, don't call my house.

OMG, I can not let this woman take up space in my head rent free.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #40
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

Taking my seat at the table, again....

Well, maybe not the table, that's been my problem.
I'm in for just two and a half this time. Right now, I'm just 48 hours post-surgery.

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #41
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post

I feel like I've done pretty well making more time for workouts. Virtually eleminating all soda . I think I had 2 w/ Splenda the entire month so considering I was a 3 a day diet coke girl I'm pretty happy w that. I feel like my sugar cravings have seriously subsided w/o all that artificial sweetener. I'm so glad I did that and thank some of you WISH-ers on here for encouraging me!

My only beverages are plain tea (flavored like natural vanilla Rooibos) and water.

Have a healthy day!
That is awesome! I am so glad you are feeling better.

Buffy--hang in there.

Pamela--are you signing up coaches starting on Fridays? I am happy to take the 8th or 15th, just let me know.

I was down two pounds for Feb which I was happy with. Hoping to make it back into the 140s this month. I am going to set a goal of 3 pounds. I increased my activity this week and my piriformis is flaring up a bit (ok a lot) so I am a little nervous that I am going to have to cut back my activity a bit, but she tried some new stuff today, so fingers crossed.

I completed at least a mile a day every day in Feb--ran all but two days that I walked, so I am calling that good. Two months down, 10 to go.

Welcome to all the new folks!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #42
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicklabs View Post
Well, maybe not the table, that's been my problem.
I'm in for just two and a half this time. Right now, I'm just 48 hours post-surgery.
Hope it went well!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #43
Silstone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95
I'm in for March. I lost 4.4 in Feb, just shy of the 5 pounds but I'm chalking that up to some extra sodium yesterday I caved on some popcorn

I'm going for another 5 this month. Hey there's a couple extra days compared to Feb so should be doable. I made a big wall calendar for our big Canada trip in August (DisL is right after). That's 5 months so gives me 5lb a month plus a little buffer. Hoping that big glaring calendar keeps me in check.

No time for workout this morning w/ kid and school stuff but I've already scheduled it in my brain for tonight!

Have a healthy day!
Yay!! I've vowed that soda is the devil!!! So many studies show how the diet ones are even worse. Great job battling the addiction (cause it really is, I'm in my 3rd month of soda recovery)!!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #44
Silstone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca
Can I vent for a second, I need to get this off my chest.

I'm pissed off.
I mean really pissed off.
I was feeling great this morning, tried on a bunch of dressier clothes because I wanted to see how they fit, tossed 1/2 in the donate pile because they were to big. Tried on my painting jeans, and I could put them on and zipper them while standing up and they felt really good. I could also squat in them which is great for when I'm using the roller.
I was going to come here and post a great inspirational story about my journey and try to hopefully encourage other people, yada yada yada.

Well then I get a phone call from a parent. Why? Because I told DS12 to tell her kid not to call my house because when I answer the phone she won't say anything and hangs up. DUH, I know it's you, it's called caller ID. And I told DS to tell the other girl not to email photos of herself to my computer. Why? Because while it was a just a head shot, I could tell she only had a bra on.
Oh but I'm the mean one and they are scared of me. What the hell ever!!!
Uh no, not saying anything on the phone and hanging up is rude and disrespectful. I own the phone, I pay the bill, I answer the phone, I get to make the rules. You're rude to me, don't call my house.

OMG, I can not let this woman take up space in my head rent free.
Crazy people!! Great observation on noticing the bra, hope u mentioned that to the parent. You were in the right; hope getting it off your chest evicted her from your thought. Need the space to continue on building the excuse for a new wardrobe. Great job!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #45
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcarita View Post
okay im in again................ do we pm weight like is the last few challanges..............i guess to thread starter??
Yes, pm pjlla with your starting weight.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: