Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #151
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Day 7 Part 4: Samy from Nice, you really are Nice

I think we left off with me accusing my DH of being a lightweight.... love him really
We finished up our highly traditional UK drinks and moved round through WS. Our next stop of course was France where the chair guys were. We've never seen them before and were suitably impressed and highly (no pun intended) amused.

I seriously don't think I'm this blase standing on one chair....

And I love this one just because it looks like he's absolutely tiny and standing on 'cap-guy's' head! (anyone else feel an episode of Father Ted coming on? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5kZ4uIUC0 just incase you don't remember it!)

Strangely enough, that photo is saved as 'Manonhead' - I have such an inventive labelling system....
We have a tradition (I love that I've described it as a tradition - what I mean is that we did the same thing last time we came, and we're going to do it again can that be classed as tradition???) in 'Epcot France' that we sit round by the Bakery and have a glass of fizz

- now last time DD was sound asleep so we took our time and really enjoyed the moment, relaxing, watchin the world go by. This time...was DD asleep...erm....that'll be a big fat NO. She was appeased though by this....

Mmmm....messy much??

Now - whilst DD was inhaling cake, I went to get DH and I the 'traditional' fizz so popped into the wine shop. I am going to precursor this story with this statement
"AT NO POINT DID MONIES CHANGE HANDS DURING THIS DISCUSSION!"
(only afterwards to pay for the wine...I'm not a thief)
Up to the counter I walked -I perused the selection available before deciding on 2 glasses of the rose champagne.... I ordered and Samy from Nice looked at me then said the immortal words:
"Do you have ID?"

I could have kissed the man. I didn't - instead, I beamed from ear to ear, said "yes, yes I do!!!", dashed out of the shop to find DH to get said ID from, then veritably thrust it (the ID, just to clarify...) into Samy's face whilst positvely shouting "I'm 36!!!!" at him.
Then......then......he replied, totally unfazed by my dramatic, loud and fairly swift behaviour, "You look so young" Give the man a pay rise -seriously!! I mean that's Pixie dust....right there!!!

He MADE. MY. DAY!!!

Never has pink fizz tasted sooooo good! Not since I was...oooh...UNDER 21!!!! (I made a typo in that sentence - originally said fish instead of fizz -don't want to ruin the illusion for you all but wanted to share my idiocy...)

I think it must have been shortly after this that we mooched around the shop because we got this taken by a Photopass guy:

Bless!Of course we had the immensely long discussion about what colour her beret was going to be...
"Now, which beret colour.."
"Pink"
"Oh ok..."
Have I mentioned that DD lives in the land of pink and fluffy? It's nice I think....

I've just looked again at this photo and am now wondering whether it was pre-eclair...that face looks way too clean....

We carried on round WS and DD spotted Jasmine and Aladdin - she was desperate to see them - I mean more desperate than we've previously seen her - we explained that the queue was long, but it did not deter her - so we stood and waited....now what to pass the time with....oh yes!

A Casa beer for DH and a Habibi cocktail for me (rum, strawberry and orange blossom water) - seriously delicious -the first of many - not all that day though.... DD met the charming couple

before heading to our ADR for the evening. I'll put that in the next post and finish with a few random snaps of our WS tour:

And last but not least...Dangling but loved!! Saved of course as....French Kiss!!

Offsite [1995] Offsite [1998] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2009] Sequoia Lodge, DLRP [April 2010] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2011] Newport Bay, DLRP [June 2012]

Scoobymoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #152
queendisney
DIS Veteran

fantastic stuff.

Can I just say that I nearly spat my mouthfull of pepsi out at your comment of the ducks and rabbit!

I wish I'd been asked my age at Disney but never have sadly

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #153
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Yeah your back! Your DD really does get cuter with every photo. Looking forward to a PTR for your next trip
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #154
loobzuk
DIS Veteran

and now you're back in the room! Great to see you posting some updates and best of all with a new ticker so it must mean that when you've finished this TR you'll be straight into a new one!
loobzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #155
JintyB
Mouseketeer

So glad to see you're back and continuing with this report. I'll admit to enjoying it from my lurkdom! We were there at the same time as you so I keep wondering if we will make an appearance in the background!

Jeanette
JintyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #156
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
fantastic stuff.

Can I just say that I nearly spat my mouthfull of pepsi out at your comment of the ducks and rabbit!

I wish I'd been asked my age at Disney but never have sadly
A lot of you lovely readers have nearly spat things out due to my TR - should I be worried???? Glad you're enjoying it and I am providing opportunities for expiration of liquid refreshments!!!

Not been asked your age in Disney?....oh there is time yet...there is time yet - just means you have to go more often...no? Can I suggest visiting the French wine shop????!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Yeah your back! Your DD really does get cuter with every photo. Looking forward to a PTR for your next trip
Yay! Another reader returned! So pleased. What I can't believe is that in the photos that you're seeing DD is just turned four. She is now nearly 6!!! Where has the time gone????

Ah a PTR....could be! A little teaser....it's another 3 weeker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loobzuk View Post
and now you're back in the room! Great to see you posting some updates and best of all with a new ticker so it must mean that when you've finished this TR you'll be straight into a new one!
Glory be! Pressure Glad you're enjoying it enough to suffer me writing another! This one's taken me long enough!! Thank you though.

Another teaser...3 week trip and no Wilderness Lodge....I know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JintyB View Post
So glad to see you're back and continuing with this report. I'll admit to enjoying it from my lurkdom! We were there at the same time as you so I keep wondering if we will make an appearance in the background!

Jeanette
Wouldn't that be weird if you appeared in a photo - I often think about that sort of thing....how many photo albums must we all appear in without knowing??? How many strangers inadvertantly have pictures of us? Was desperately trying to work out a way of typing the Twilight Zone music at that point....can't figure it out.... Enjoy lurking....I appreciate your coming out of lurkdom though

Offsite [1995] Offsite [1998] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2009] Sequoia Lodge, DLRP [April 2010] Wilderness Lodge, WDW [August 2011] Newport Bay, DLRP [June 2012]

Old 02-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #157
Scoobymoons
Mouseketeer

Day 7 Part 5: What's not to like about food served on a Monorail??!!

I think updates will be a little more sporadic for a week or two....parents' evenings and the like....joy! So apologies in advance - I've not deserted, just very busy! Thanks for the comments - love reading what you have to say and know that the TR is being enjoyed

We left off heading to our ADR for the evening....which was.....Tokyo Dining. We headed up, via the lift....exciting in itself, to the restaurant - we really had no idea that it was linked to Teppan Edo. The greeters were very welcoming and made an appropriate amount of fuss over DD They even gave her an origami ball to play with.

Clever huh!

We were taken through to the rather empty restaurant (I think it was fairly early - it filled up as the evening went on) and were seated by the window.

Not sure why that last photo is quite as wonky as it is. I'm fairly sure it was pre-cocktail.....
Anyway, it was a fab table and drink orders were taken swiftly. I ordered a Midori, DH a Japanese beer and DD a lemonade (USA lemonade, not UK)

Yum!

We'd read mixed reviews about the food here but we absolutely loved everything about it - great food, great atmosphere, great service - fab! We really can't work out why it is knocked
DH and I both ordered Bento boxes - I love the whole concept of lots of lovely little things in tiny compartments (sounds like I'm condoning putting babies in lockers or something...I'm speaking purely from a foodie point of view....) so the Bento box suited me perfectly. It was YUM.

DD ordered Tempura chicken...and yes, ladies and gentlemen....it truly was served in a monorail (minus Spanish guy)

Needless to say DD was thrilled and DH and I were jealous. Why do people think this is only appropriate for toddlers???? Hmmm??? For me,
Japanese food served in a monorail + Mickey puzzle with edible paints for desert = heaven But NO, you must be small to have such fun things....grrr!!

Anyway, I digress. DD had great fun with chipsticks....no....she didn't....she had great fun with chopsticks....gah!

We had pudding - DH had the green tea pud and I (goodness only knows why) had the ginger pudding - I don't like ginger - why did I do this????

Apologies for half-eaten-ness. Clearly I was enjoying my ginger pudding way too much to remember photo taking....or perhaps not..... I must clarify that this is not a criticism of Tokyo Dining's pudding....it is a criticism of my stupidity in believing that Disney could make ginger taste good....no....no they can't. I just don't like it and am old enough and ugly enough to know that (even if Samy from Nice doesn't believe it )

Towards the end of the meal, DD (surprise surprise) needed the loo, so off we trekked. Well! Because Tokyo Dining and Teppan Edo share the upstairs, they also share the loos and we had to walk past Teppan Edo to get to said loos.... It really confirmed that we definitely wanted to eat at Teppan Edo - looked fantastic - even DD said so!

Once dinner was finished we headed down to the epic Japanese shop - I can't even begin to imagine taking DD there this year - I think she may want to live there...so much lovely stuff and most of it involving Hello Kitty We looked at the clothes and one of the CMs began trying items on DD - at first we were a little worried until we realised that it wasn't the hard sell, they were just enjoying dressing DD up. And they managed to provide us with one of our favourite photos of the trip

Bless!

After playing dress up, we went to Soarin at which DD got very excited. We were nearly at the point of boarding when DD uttered the always-appreciated line 'I need a wee'. Timing or what?! Thankfully the kindly members of the Soarin crew gave us a rider switch card which enabled DH to wait and for us to scoot off for said 'wee' (too much information??!) before returning straight on to the next flight! We were even on the front row -result!!

The bus home was the next order of the day, followed by a quick visit to the pin shop and then bed. DH was getting a headache and we were pretty much shattered anyway.

We had good news today as well - we gained a new niece, Rebecca May

Old 03-04-2013, 04:51 AM   #158
loobzuk
DIS Veteran

great pictures - I agree wholeheartedly with you about the so called 'kids meals - us big kids would appreciate some of them too!
loobzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #159
queendisney
DIS Veteran

yes indeed your daughter really did look well cute in the Japaneese outfit.
I could spend hours in that shop as well. Can you imagine how long a shopping trip would take if your were actually in Japan?!!!

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #160
tinkbell13
Mouseketeer

That looks like a really cool place to eat. I'm going to have to add it to our list for our next visit!

Oh my, your DD is so adorable in that picture! I can certainly see why it is one of your favourites!

Off-site: 1977 - 1983, 1985 (family trips as a kid)
All Star Movies: 2008, 2012
tinkbell13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #161
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Your DDs meal is so cute and she's very cute all dressed up. I think "cute" sums up your TR!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #162
VailaTigger
DIS Veteran

Yay! You're back! Hope all is ok now with your work & your foot.

I've only been lurking for a while, no trip planned just now (hopefully 2015 if finances work out) and 6 months since our Disneymoon and I've not even STARTED the trip report yet!

If you can do it, maybe I can too :-)
2010 - April, Pop Century, 2 weeks
2012 - September, Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2 weeks honeymoon
VailaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: