Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
McDonald5
Mouseketeer

difference between standard and deluxe inside stateroom

We are booked on the double dip on the Magic in October (right after dry dock). Well, because we've talked about it incessantly my parents are now considering coming too (and possibly my sisters). We are in a deluxe family oceanview with a veranda on deck 8. Well, when I went on the website to look for a room for them, there are two categories that are the exact same price. The deluxe inside rooms would be down on deck 2. Whereas the standard would be closer to us on decks 6 and 7. So my question is, what exactly would be the difference between the two categories? I have looked at the descriptions online and they seem to be the same but perhaps I am missing something. I just thought that if they were only 1 floor down, then we wouldn't have to use the elevators to visit each others rooms. But I don't want them to get a bad room just to be near us (not that any room would be bad ).

Thanks!

Disney Fantasy - 7 night Western Caribbean Oct-Nov 2013
McDonald5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
TinkBell10
DIS Veteran

A deluxe has the 2 bathrooms; standard only has one.
11/23/14 Magic

PAST CRUISES:05/2001 Sovereign of the Seas | 5/22/03 Wonder | 3/20/04 Magic | 5/27/06 Magic | 6/07/07 Wonder | 4/05/08 Magic| 6/13/09 Magic | 6/12/10 Carnival Dream | 6/12/11 Dream | 11/19/11 Magic | 6/09/12 Fantasy | 06/08/13 Fantasy | 11/23/13 Liberty of the Seas |

WDW: Too many times to count! On average--one weekend a month
TinkBell10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald5 View Post
We are booked on the double dip on the Magic in October (right after dry dock). Well, because we've talked about it incessantly my parents are now considering coming too (and possibly my sisters). We are in a deluxe family oceanview with a veranda on deck 8. Well, when I went on the website to look for a room for them, there are two categories that are the exact same price. The deluxe inside rooms would be down on deck 2. Whereas the standard would be closer to us on decks 6 and 7. So my question is, what exactly would be the difference between the two categories? I have looked at the descriptions online and they seem to be the same but perhaps I am missing something. I just thought that if they were only 1 floor down, then we wouldn't have to use the elevators to visit each others rooms. But I don't want them to get a bad room just to be near us (not that any room would be bad ).

Thanks!
Per a google search I found this website link from allears.com for you hope it helps you decide. In short it appears that deluxe get you 40 extra square feet

http://allears.net/cruise/ships/drea...n9603Cat11.htm
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
McDonald5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkBell10 View Post
A deluxe has the 2 bathrooms; standard only has one.
Ok thanks!

Old 02-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
McDonald5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
Per a google search I found this website link from allears.com for you hope it helps you decide. In short it appears that deluxe get you 40 extra square feet

http://allears.net/cruise/ships/drea...n9603Cat11.htm
Thanks! I'm new to Disney and new to cruising so I'll probably be on that website all day now. haha. I appreciate it.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Quote:
Thanks! I'm new to Disney and new to cruising so I'll probably be on that website all day now. haha. I appreciate it.
no worries, I am not new to disney but did my first disney cruise last November on the Wonder and will be on the Fantasy in 3 weeks. If you have any questions let me know. Would love to help out in anyway that I can.

You will LOVE cruising with disney. I have cruised with Royal Caribbean and Princess and by far Disney had the best service and shows. The only item my husband and I missed was no dinner buffet, though eating in 3 different restaurants throughout the trip did help keep things fresh.
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #7
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

If the rooms will just be 2 people, a standard inside room on the Magic is fine. They won't really miss the split bath (not 2 bathrooms, 2 rooms...1 has a toilet and a sink, the other has the shower and a 2nd sink). I would not book a standard for my family of 4, but my DH & I are booked in 7621 for a week next fall. And, I will always choose deck 7 on the Magic or Wonder...the "hidden" or "secret" aft deck is awesome!
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
GrumpyBelle
DIS Veteran

We had a standard inside for my 2 kids on our last cruise. We had a veranda across the hall. I found I really prefer the split bath in the veranda (and deluxe inside staterooms). The standard inside bathroom felt VERY small to me and I liked that 2 people could be working at getting ready at the same time--1 in the shower and the other in the other room doing hair/teeth/etc.

8/2006 ASMu/3 night DCL, 8/2007 CBR/4 night DCL, 8/2008 WL, 8/2009 SSR, 3/2010 AKV-Kidani, 8/2010 BWV/5 night DCL, 4/2011 AKV-Jambo/Kidani, 8/2011 DCL Alaskan, 8/2012 AKV-Kidani, 2/2013 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean/Puerto Rico, 8/2013 CSR, 11/2013 Celtic Thunder Cruise--Western Caribbean--Carnival Victory, 2/2014 AKV-Kidani
GrumpyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #9
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

We had the same dilemma! Would have preferred being higher up but couldn't give up the split bath. That's our favorite part of a DCL cabin! So we got 10b. Deck 2 but center!

Quote:

Thanks!
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #10
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

You can look up stateroom reviews here on the DIS to see what people say about the standard and deluxe staterooms. I want to say the 11C inside staterooms on Magic deck 2 are right below the adult nightclubs, so you want to be sure about any noise concerns.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #11
McDonald5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
You can look up stateroom reviews here on the DIS to see what people say about the standard and deluxe staterooms. I want to say the 11C inside staterooms on Magic deck 2 are right below the adult nightclubs, so you want to be sure about any noise concerns.
Yes, you are right about that! I looked and my mom would most definitely not want to be right below the night club (she has enough trouble sleeping as it is).

scrapbookmama74, I had forgotten about that secret deck! I remember reading about that. They are early risers so I think definitly deck 7 standard room, that way they can get some fresh air before the rest of the world is awake And so far I think it's just the two of them so the one bath will be fine. Not like my dad will need to be doing his hair... (don't tell him I said that! )

Old 02-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #12
McDonald5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
no worries, I am not new to disney but did my first disney cruise last November on the Wonder and will be on the Fantasy in 3 weeks. If you have any questions let me know. Would love to help out in anyway that I can.

You will LOVE cruising with disney. I have cruised with Royal Caribbean and Princess and by far Disney had the best service and shows. The only item my husband and I missed was no dinner buffet, though eating in 3 different restaurants throughout the trip did help keep things fresh.
Thanks! I will keep you in mind! It's so nice to have all of you guys who have been there/done that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: