Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #676
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Finally Pods took a turn-

And while he figured it out, we enjoyed the warm water- I actually liked having the vest on (that they made us wear) because it was nice for floating.

And also for taking more toe pics,

Eventually, Pods returned....

and Tyler got his revenge. You know what they say paybacks are!

Believe it or not, there is STILL more to come! But I need to run to the gym, so the last bucket list item will have to wait-

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #677
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

You really made the most of your day! It feels so relaxed and beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #678
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I think I have seen blue toes like that before Pods is brave , I would be floating with the jacket and NOT standing on anything!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:38 PM   #679
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Leaving us hanging again??? Nice update!!!

The paddleboard looks fun and the lagoon would be the perfect place to learn. I wonder if it's much different than balancing on a windsurf board, not that I have gone windsurfing in the last twenty years. At least with the windsurf board we had the sail to hang on to.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #680
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Well, she knows we're going to Hawaii. It's hard to keep all of that a secret. But she has no idea that the wait list came through for Aulani. Her birthday is next month so it'll be fun to surprise her with that.

Ok, that makes more sense. I was completely amazed you were going to surprise your bride with over 2 weeks! We girls need a little time to pack!

We will be on Oahu from a Tuesday - Friday, so I'll have to worry about rush hour traffic when I go to Pearl Harbor. I'm thinking if I wait for rush hour to be over and leave at 9:00 for a 10:30 tour or so, I'm probably going to be ok.

We only sat bumper-to-bumper at 10 pm because of construction- and once again, briefly, going through a small town as we headed to the No Shore. I think you will be fine with that plan of yours-

Wow, that is annoying! I like Mary Ellen's idea of tossing them in the pool.

HAH! Even if they were NY Giants fans, lol!

That's understandable. I don't know about yours, but my backyard doesn't look nearly as nice.

Yea- not nearly as nice, what are we doing living in these reject states? Let's all move to Hawaii! Very funny-

That is a heaping pile of food! I guess you won't need to get the crappy airline meal later.
Well......you'll see what we got...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Ooh I want a Mickey bar in Hawaii! Such a wonderful trip, so beautiful!
Thanks! And yes it was, I wish we could go back every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
You really made the most of your day! It feels so relaxed and beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
You're welcome, my friend! I was very aware of the vacation clock ticking away, I did not want to have any regrets- or, at least as few as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I think I have seen blue toes like that before Pods is brave , I would be floating with the jacket and NOT standing on anything!!!
Yea- those toes really get around, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Leaving us hanging again??? Nice update!!!

The paddleboard looks fun and the lagoon would be the perfect place to learn. I wonder if it's much different than balancing on a windsurf board, not that I have gone windsurfing in the last twenty years. At least with the windsurf board we had the sail to hang on to.
Yes- a HUGE cliffhanger- I only hope everyone could sleep last night in anticipation of the big finale...

This was different than windsurfing (although I haven't done THAT in a very, very long time- 20 years sounds about right for me, too!

This is all about you and your ability to balance and paddle- so you really need to hold it together, if you know what I mean. I remember windsurfing being more of a catching the wind in your sail and hanging on- or at least that's how it was for me!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #681
podsnel

TICK...TICK....TICK....we are down to about half an hour before we should get in the shower. Damn. Let's hit the hot tub and relax one last time!

I had racked up a nice collection of MOST of my bands on our stay (yes- like a 10 year old, I wouldn't take them off til I got home- LOL!).

Love my baby!

Love these guys, too!

We had the hot tub almost entirely to ourselves....

Except for the nice women who were in there with us and offered to take our pic-

Until...this guy got in, and things got a little busier in the water!

SO COOL that Goofy got in the hot tub! This reminded me of DCL- how when you see the charcters on the ship, it often feels like you are just hangin out with them, you are just on vacation with them instead of meeting them in their celebrity capacity. Aulani is like that, too.

We got to chatting with the women who had taken our pic, and I mentioned that we were literally in our last minutes here...they asked if we had done everything we wanted to while on Hawaii, what we loved, etc, because they had just arrived. Yes, we had really done everything I had my heart set on for us- I mentioned the North Shore, how they must go, even just to see the turtles on Sunset Beach. I mentioned that it was so important to me that we see the turtles, and that I had hoped we would see the other animal Hawaii is famous for- the endangered state animal, the Monk Seal. But I guess we'll have to come back for that one.

Monk seal? Well, she tells us, there has been one down on that other beach past the Marriott all day! Just laying there, sunning herself- a vet had even been summoned to check the animal out, everything was fine, she was just hangin....

You never saw 2 people hustle over to the other beach so fast in your life! Timmy and I couldn't wait to see that seal- Pods and Tyler? They were being lazy, they didn't come. They missed seeing her (or him)-

How beautiful is this seal?

Cont'd next post-

Old 03-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #682
podsnel

A face EVERY mother could love-

Excuse me...I'm trying to nap here...

Do I know you?

Alright...Thanks for waking me- I'm up!

Dudes- don't you have a plane to catch?

Well...I guess she was right. We DID have a plane to catch.

Don't worry- I'll probably still be here when you come back in x years....because who would ever want to leave this beautiful beach?

The seal makes some good points. C'MON MOM!

It was time for the lovely, convenient, but dreaded by all, Luana Lounge.

Seriously. Everytime I walked by during our stay, my eyes averted this sign, and if I happened to screw up and catch a glimpse, I quickly erased the sight (My EYES! My EYES!) from my memory. Because the ONLY reason to enter the Luana Lounge is to leave Aulani, and who the heck would EVER want to do that?? It's just stupid!

We all went to our respective showers and cleaned up for our flight...then met back out in the lounge to print our boarding passes.

And it occured to me, in my last-minute-don't-MISS-IT! panic, that we had not had the special cupcake from Mama's- so I ran to get one to share....the Mac nut pineapple cupcake-

All four of us said.....YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Seriously, YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....so make sure you don't miss it when you go!

Well...after that last sweet moment, it finally was....time to leave. Parting desperate deprature pics in the next installment- I need a moment. It's always hard to leave Hawaii, even 6 months after you actually did.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #683
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I was trying to absorb that 2 years of anticipation was just about finished, and soon we would be leaving all this beauty.
It's never long enough. You could have stayed there 2 years and it still wouldn't be long enough.

Quote:
Because REALLY, no Disney vacation- whether it's in a park or somewhere else, is complete without one!
Mickey bars rule!

Quote:
Pods and Timmy decided, muscles or not, he was goin' down!
It was only a matter of time!

Quote:
and Tyler got his revenge. You know what they say paybacks are!
That was only a matter of time as well.

Quote:
SO COOL that Goofy got in the hot tub!

Quote:
Monk seal? Well, she tells us, there has been one down on that other beach past the Marriott all day!

Very cool!

Quote:
It was time for the lovely, convenient, but dreaded by all, Luana Lounge.

Everytime I walked by during our stay, my eyes averted this sign, and if I happened to screw up and catch a glimpse, I quickly erased the sight (My EYES! My EYES!) from my memory. Because the ONLY reason to enter the Luana Lounge is to leave Aulani, and who the heck would EVER want to do that?? It's just stupid!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #684
podsnel

You are so funny Mark! You totally crack me up every time! Thanks!

Old 03-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #685
podsnel

HEY CAPTAIN OBLIVIOUS-
There is a new show on HGTV- it's called Hawaiian Life. It's about people who live on Hawaii actually buying houses and making a life there.

I kid you not- as I fell asleep watching it last night, all I could think of was how can I get my CPA hubby to agree to THAT?!

I mean, I think I have him talked into spending a winter there when he finally retires, but a year or two? Hmmmmm....how tempting!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #686
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
HEY CAPTAIN OBLIVIOUS-
There is a new show on HGTV- it's called Hawaiian Life. It's about people who live on Hawaii actually buying houses and making a life there.

I kid you not- as I fell asleep watching it last night, all I could think of was how can I get my CPA hubby to agree to THAT?!

I mean, I think I have him talked into spending a winter there when he finally retires, but a year or two? Hmmmmm....how tempting!
I've seen that show in the listings, but haven't actually watched it. I'm pretty sure if I sold my house and put all of the money into one account I could buy a broom closet in Hawaii.

It would be pretty awesome, though. It's fun to dream!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #687
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Great updates.

The last day is always bittersweet; so grateful to have had a such an amazing vacation but obviously sad to go. But you shouldn't be so sad, you vacation monthly girl if not more.

The seal is precious. I love that.

Pods salad does look amazing. Your lunch looks HUGE. How much did you leave? It did look incredible and I would have stuffed myself silly for sure.

That cupcake looks pretty damn worth every calorie as well. I love a good cupcake.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #688
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

And also for taking more toe pics,

]
OMG Ellen - what a GREAT SHOT!!! Love it.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #689
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

How cool that Goofy visited you guys in the hot tub! I love the monk seal shots, which direction is that beach, left or right from Aulani?

I still remember this shot I took on our last few minutes.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:32 AM   #690
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

caught up and yet all i remember is the food.. YUM! LOL so glad you were able to pack it all in right up intill the last moments! I love that they have an area to shower and wait so that if youve already checked out of your room your still able to be active then clean up before your long flight back

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: