Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
cefcdana
Mouseketeer

Art lessons at Art of Animation

Can anyone tell me about the art lessons that are apparently offered at the Art of Animation resort?

How often are they offered (we are going in Sept)? How long are they? Are they similar to the Animation Academy lessons at HS? Are they worth going to?

I was so excited to find out about these and can't wait to find out more details. My kids (and yes, me) will love these.
cefcdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
SnapesGirl
Mouseketeer

Would love to know this too!!

May 2014 - Art of Animation ; April 2012 - Offsite; September 2011 - Offsite; April 2011 - Offsite; May 2001 - Offsite; September 1999 - Fort Wilderness Cabin

SnapesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

So funny that i came across this thread! I was literally about to ask the SAME exact question. We are only there for 1 night before we switch over to AKL, but my DS loves to draw and I am sure he would like to participate in something like this!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Intrigued as well...didn't know this was a thing..
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
amyh1028
Earning My Ears

I'm interested too! My DD is a huge fan of the animators of Disney I know she would LOVE to participate in
Old 02-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
piglet33
DIS Veteran

I'm also interested, because my DD loves to draw. She is taking the YES Program - Exploring Disney Animation History at HS and would love to do this too.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Ok all, I asked this question on the AoA thread too and got the following response.

According to all ears:

Out in the lobby, tucked next to the front doors, is an area where guests can learn to draw various Disney characters step-by-step. An animator is there from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday through Monday to lead guests through the process. Classes start on the hour and are free.

The Magic of Disney Animation in Disney's Hollywood Studios also has a drawing class with a more formal set-up that is great fun and free too.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
cefcdana
Mouseketeer

Thanks DevonDisneyMom for replying. I thought it might be answered there and I went through some of the pages but there was just so many!!! I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I just got off the phone with the resort because I had some other questions as well.

They said the classes are currently running everyday at 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm. They last about 30 to 45 min.

Can't wait to go! I asked if they were similar to the Animation Academy in HS and she said she wasn't sure.

Hope that helps some!
cefcdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #9
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cefcdana View Post
Thanks DevonDisneyMom for replying. I thought it might be answered there and I went through some of the pages but there was just so many!!! I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I just got off the phone with the resort because I had some other questions as well.

They said the classes are currently running everyday at 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm. They last about 30 to 45 min.

Can't wait to go! I asked if they were similar to the Animation Academy in HS and she said she wasn't sure.

Hope that helps some!
No problem! Glad that you were able to get additional info from them. I am definitely going to verify the times when we check in too! Enjoy your trip
Old 02-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #10
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Ok all, I asked this question on the AoA thread too and got the following response.

According to all ears:

Out in the lobby, tucked next to the front doors, is an area where guests can learn to draw various Disney characters step-by-step. An animator is there from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday through Monday to lead guests through the process. Classes start on the hour and are free.

The Magic of Disney Animation in Disney's Hollywood Studios also has a drawing class with a more formal set-up that is great fun and free too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cefcdana View Post

Hope that helps some!
Thank you both so much for the additional info! Have great trips.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #11
Nana2Callie
DIS Veteran

Anyone know of these are still going on at AoA and what the schedule is? Thanks,
Nana2Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #12
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana2Callie View Post
Anyone know of these are still going on at AoA and what the schedule is? Thanks,
From what I heard yes! Classes run every hour on the hour starting at 10a.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: