Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
Mtkgal
Earning My Ears

Question for past Easter cruisers

So I've read that you can order Easter baskets on board the ship. I noticed that on the Gift & Amenities section of the DCL website, they just added options for Easter time cruises. This is the basket they have available:

The description says: "Spring Bunny Delight: What is a spring holiday without a chocolate bunny rabbit? Be the highlight of this season with this special surprise. This package includes a 6" solid milk chocolate bunny, a marshmallow pop (a holiday favorite), a chocolate egg and chocolate truffles in a decorative spring holiday bow box. Delicious treat for all the chocolate lovers in the family."

My question is this the same basket they offered onboard or was it different/better. I was underwhelmed with it and was hoping not to have to somehow pack baskets for my boys.

Also, does anyone know about a basket company like Shirley's that will deliver to the ship in Miami?

Thanks in advance

Mtkgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
ariel fans
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for info, on fantasy March 30
ariel fans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
marlana323
Earning My Ears

I'm curious too.
marlana323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

Seriously, no offense, but why would you pay for that? I'm sure it's crazy overpriced.

For our Easter cruise, I packed the candy...chocolate and melty stuff, I put in my carry on.

We did our own baskets at Target prices which I'm sure is a 75% discount.
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
Mtkgal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippingalong View Post
Seriously, no offense, but why would you pay for that? I'm sure it's crazy overpriced.

For our Easter cruise, I packed the candy...chocolate and melty stuff, I put in my carry on.

We did our own baskets at Target prices which I'm sure is a 75% discount.
No offense taken. It's a convenience thing. I don't want to have to pack baskets and candy and the small toys we usually put in their baskets. I'd need an extra carry-on and also trying to keep my boys from seeing it before Easter in such a small cabin.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #6
DVCAKL
Earning My Ears

Easter Basket

I was hoping if they offered something it would be a little "Disney-fied". I don't know how much that basket is, but if I have to I'll pack and hide some things to put into something. I'm thinking maybe a sand bucket and then it can be used a Castaway Cay. Still so much to do, but so excited for this trip!
DVCAKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
momto2js
DIS Veteran

One year we were traveling for Easter and I found some colaspable fabric "baskets" that fit in our luggage easily. Maybe pack a few plastic eggs to stuff with a few candies and hide in the cabin, buy a small arcade card on the boat and maybe one small thing from the gift shop.

We will be away this year as well and the bunny is leaving a note that baskets and eggs were left at home.
momto2js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #8
Donna M
DIS Veteran

Something we did for Christmas, which could be used here, was send a note to Santa explaining that we would be out of town on Christmas and could he come early to our house. Since the kids were young enough to believe in Santa, there wasn't any problem having him come early. We didn't have to transport anything. In your case the Easter Bunny can come early and maybe on Easter you could have a chocolate egg hunt in the cabin. That way they get two fun days. Just an idea.

Last edited by Donna M; 02-27-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Donna M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #9
Mtkgal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna M View Post
Something we did for Christmas, which could be used here, was send a note to Santa explaining that we would be out of town on Christmas and could he come early to our house. Since the kids were young enough to believe in Santa, there wasn't any problem having him come early. We didn't have to transport anything. In your case the Easter Bunny can come early and maybe on Easter you could have a chocolate egg hunt in the cabin. That way they get two fun days. Just an idea.
This is a very good idea, thanks for sharing!

Old 02-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
silence
Missin' Mickey

last year on the Wonder there were no "pre-packaged" baskets. However, we were able to pick anything from the gift shop, they placed it in a basket and wrapped it up and delivered to our stateroom. You paid for whatever you selected to be in it.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Past Trips: Feb/Mar '14 - GCH Cheer Comp / Dec '13 - Candy Cane Inn / June '13 Candy Cane Inn / May 4 13 DCL FANTASY cruise and MK / Jan '13 GCH / July '12 DLH / April 1 '12 DISNEY CRUISE on the WONDER! / Feb 20 11 DISNEYCRUISE to MR and DISNEYLAND - Candy Cane Inn / Oct 10 - GCH / Nov 10 - HoJos / July 10 - HoJo's / July 09 - HoJo's & DLH / May 09 - HoJo's / April 09 - HoJo's & Candy Cane Inn / January 09 - HoJo's / November 08 - HoJo's / October 08 - HoJo's / Aug 08 - Desert Inn / May 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Mar 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Nov 07 - Ramada Inn Maingate / Sept 07 - Hawthorn Suites / May 07 - Paradise Pier / Aug 06 - HoJo / Dec 05 - DLH / May 03 - Hawthorn Suites / Sept 02 - Hilton Garden Inn / Nov 00 - Hilton Garden Inn / Sept 99 - Hawthorn Suites
silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #11
Mtkgal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
last year on the Wonder there were no "pre-packaged" baskets. However, we were able to pick anything from the gift shop, they placed it in a basket and wrapped it up and delivered to our stateroom. You paid for whatever you selected to be in it.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Thank you for the response Silence!

Given that info, I think I will order some fabric baskets that I can fold up in my suitcase and bring my own stuff and maybe buy a few small things from the gift shop to Disney it up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: