Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
Cimicats
Mouseketeer

Voicemail from Disney

Hi All, we leave in 5 days for Disney and we had a VM message tonight asking us to call 407-248-1727 about our reservation. The woman had our dates and ressie # and said to make sure we call back on the number she's giving us. We called the main Disney line first to make sure it was legit(I always think everything is a scam!). We were told the number is legit and our file is flagged and refers calls to that number we were given.

Of course no one is answering now so we'll try tomorrow but anyone have this happen? Our trip has been paid off since January so it can't be for that. We're staying at the YC and I'm nervous they're calling to say they need to move us.

Thanks!

Sookie Lorelei

2013 March - Yacht Club
2011 March - Beach Club
2009 December - Yacht Club
2007 December - Honeymoon Beach Club
Years Ago
Port Orleans
Offsite Marriott Timeshare
Cimicats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Yes- I received a call just a few days before my last trip. When I heard them say that our hotel was oversold, I thought it was DH playing a trick on me! IIRC, it was my choice whether to move or not....but seeing as they offered me a water view at the GF or Poly to move from my standard view garden wing at the CR, I jumped on it. Good luck!

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
closetmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 05:41 AM   #3
Cimicats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey
Yes- I received a call just a few days before my last trip. When I heard them say that our hotel was oversold, I thought it was DH playing a trick on me! IIRC, it was my choice whether to move or not....but seeing as they offered me a water view at the GF or Poly to move from my standard view garden wing at the CR, I jumped on it. Good luck!
Thanks! Yeah I have a feeling that's what they'll be telling us.

Sookie Lorelei

2013 March - Yacht Club
2011 March - Beach Club
Years Ago
Port Orleans
Old 02-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #4
Disney Runner
Earning My Ears

Someone posted on the Beach/Yacht Club FAQ forum that the Beach Club was overbooked next week and they were asked to swith resorts. I believe they had the choice of WL CL or Poly SV. Not sure about the Yacht Club being overbooked, but I bet that's why they called. Good Luck -- I would LOVE to get moved to the Poly!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
Cimicats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Runner
Someone posted on the Beach/Yacht Club FAQ forum that the Beach Club was overbooked next week and they were asked to swith resorts. I believe they had the choice of WL CL or Poly SV. Not sure about the Yacht Club being overbooked, but I bet that's why they called. Good Luck -- I would LOVE to get moved to the Poly!!!
Hi! Yes, that's what the call was about. Yacht Club is overbooked so they are looking to move us. Thanks!!

Sookie Lorelei

2013 March - Yacht Club
2011 March - Beach Club
Years Ago
Port Orleans
Old 02-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimicats View Post
Hi! Yes, that's what the call was about. Yacht Club is overbooked so they are looking to move us. Thanks!!
So give us the particulars! What are they offering?

Just so we can all tell you what you should do!
cjsm&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Oh wow, did you agree to move? Was it a choice (like will the try someone else on the list if you say no)?

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
Lorien728
Mouseketeer

I'd love to hear what they offered as well!!

Lorien728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #9
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Runner View Post
Yes, in fact, they offered one guest booked in a non CL BC room, a Deluxe CL room at WL which is like a Jr. Suite. This might be the same guest who posted to the WL thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimicats View Post
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #10
aml3679
Kita's Mom

How do they over book?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #11
tkgdisney
Mouseketeer

I would too, has me worried about our trip to YC! It is now full because of a conference that we are attending there, would be a mess to move.
tkgdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #12
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Bumped

C'mon Cimicats! You started this thread, so now you need to tell us how it all came out!
cjsm&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #13
JulieT3
Earning My Ears

I'm not the OP, but I am the one Kook was referring to that was bumped from BC to WL. I just wanted to reassure those that are worried about overbooking that I accepted the offer right away, and I'm sure that if I had put up a fight, they would have moved on to someone else. I wouldn't worry too much; there are probably very few rooms that are overbooked and a large number of people to contact to switch resorts. I'm sure they wouldn't want to make anybody upset by forcing them to move when they could easily just contact someone else that might be more than willing to switch. Hope that helps and hope the OP comes back with an update!

Last edited by JulieT3; 02-28-2013 at 12:40 PM.
JulieT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #14
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
I'm not the OP, but I am the one Kook was referring to that was bumped from BC to WL. I just wanted to reassure those that are worried about overbooking that I accepted the offer right away, and I'm sure that if I had put up a fight, they would have moved on to someone else. I wouldn't worry too much; there are probably very few rooms that are overbooked and a large number of people to contact to switch resorts. I'm sure they wouldn't want to make anybody upset by forcing them to move when they could easily just contact someone else that might be more than willing to switch. Hope that helps and hope the OP comes back with an update!
Thanks for posting this, JulieT3! I have to say, after seeing your post in the BC thread and then this, I was set off in a bit of a worry. As I mentioned over on the other thread, we moved from the BC at the last minute last year due to the unexpected closure of a big portion of SAB (the choice was totally ours, I should make that clear ) so this trip is supposed to make up for that. I'd be so upset if they tried to move us but I'm reassured by your post that you don't feel they would've forced you! I hope you have a great trip and I really admire how you are rolling with the changes!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #15
Cimicats
Mouseketeer

Sorry guys!!!! I should have subscribed to my own thread. I couldn't find it so I thought it was gone then it dawned on me to find it in my profile. (Insert embarrassed smiley here)

So we were offered CR or WL. Here's the problem, I have family staying at the Dolphin so location was huge for us. We spend a lot of time a EPCOT too so not being there would add a lot of travel time to our day.

We were told we didn't have to do it but there was still a chance we'd be moved at check in. We waited it out and called back today and we are able to stay.

I don't want to freak people out. When I googled it(bc the search function wasn't working here) it really didn't seem to come up that often.

As for why they were overbooked, I'm still not sure.

Again sorry for the delay!

Sookie Lorelei

2013 March - Yacht Club
2011 March - Beach Club
Years Ago
Port Orleans

Display Modes Rate This Thread