Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #16
Bobo912
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,681

For charging electronic devices, will I need a voltage converter or just an adapter? I have one adapter and multiple electronic devices that will need to be charged, so maybe I need to buy another one. Do any of the hotels provide an adapter?
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #17
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....
 
dizneekrazee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,572

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912
For charging electronic devices, will I need a voltage converter or just an adapter? I have one adapter and multiple electronic devices that will need to be charged, so maybe I need to buy another one. Do any of the hotels provide an adapter?
I'm on my phone, so I can't see what country you reside in. Their wall units work fine on items from the US, nothing additional was needed. However, they do look different.
__________________
DBF & I DS15 DS10 DS8

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #18
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,565
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
For charging electronic devices, will I need a voltage converter or just an adapter? I have one adapter and multiple electronic devices that will need to be charged, so maybe I need to buy another one. Do any of the hotels provide an adapter?
Bobo912, take a look at this. It's a Universal travel adapter power strip. You put whatever adapter you have on the plug for this, then you can plug anything that only requires an adapter into the outlets on the strip. That way, you get 3 plugs for 1 adapter. It's pretty compact. I used it on my Knights & Lights trip, and it worked wonderfully. All I needed was one British adapter and one French adapter.

http://www.amazon.com/Simran-SM-60-1...rds=B003UHYDYO

These days, unless your electronics are really old, the only thing that needs a converter would be something powerful like a hair blow dryer. Most everything else these days (phones, cameras, tablets) only require an adapter. Now the question is whether you can get away without an adapter or not.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #19
Bobo912
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,681

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Bobo912, take a look at this. It's a Universal travel adapter power strip. You put whatever adapter you have on the plug for this, then you can plug anything that only requires an adapter into the outlets on the strip. That way, you get 3 plugs for 1 adapter. It's pretty compact. I used it on my Knights & Lights trip, and it worked wonderfully. All I needed was one British adapter and one French adapter.

http://www.amazon.com/Simran-SM-60-1...rds=B003UHYDYO

These days, unless your electronics are really old, the only thing that needs a converter would be something powerful like a hair blow dryer. Most everything else these days (phones, cameras, tablets) only require an adapter. Now the question is whether you can get away without an adapter or not.

Sayhello
Thanks! It's reasonably priced too and eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime. I never take up precious luggage space with a hair dryer. I'll just use whatever they have in the hotel. Mainly need to charge the phone, 2 Kindles, iPod and my DS's DS (the Nintendo kind), but hopefully, not all at the same time.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #20
Bobo912
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,681

Anybody recall if there are safes the hotel rooms and, if so, how big they are?
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #21
margie100
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
Anybody recall if there are safes the hotel rooms and, if so, how big they are?
Yes, safes in each hotel room. Big enough for a stack of iPads, Kindles, and Passports, but you can't fit a laptop.
margie100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #22
tufbuf
Disney Addict!
 
tufbuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 991

The Casa Andina safe in Cuzco is smaller than the other hotels, unless its only the one in our room.
__________________



ABD-2014(Ireland/Scotland),2013(CR),2012(Greece/Alpine Magic),2011 (Peru & Ecuador),2010 (SWS),2009 (CKL),2008 (VI); DCL-2007 (DW 3n),2008 (DM 7n WC),2010 (11n Med),2011 (DD 3n,7n MR,DD 4n),2012 (DFMV 7nWC,5nCan DM,5n DD),2013(3n DD,12n Med DM),2014(DD4n,DF7n NYE),DParis 09/09-WDW (Boardwalk) 12/06-DL (Grand Californian) 09/05-WDW (AK Lodge) 10/04 WDW (Coronado Springs) 06/03-DL 09/00-WDW (All Star Music) 10/98-WDW (Port Orleans) 11/97-DL Jun92
tufbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #23
BasilofBakerstreet
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 53

Bring warm clothes for the Sacred Valley. There are only space heaters in the rooms and when we were there it got chilly at night.
BasilofBakerstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.