Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #676
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
I take the ol Lipitor as well due to family history. Have they started you an aspirin a day yet?
Yup, low dosage every evening. I guess it can't hurt. All of my numbers have been right where they want them every test. My pulse and BP have always been excellent. I credit that to being active and my Scottish heritage. Sturdy types we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Morning everyone....

Jim, it seems that some openings have come up for BOG for the week of August 25, after getting the 9pm for Saturday the 24th, I managed this morning to get a better time 7:15. Sunday and Monday 25-26 had some decent times available this morning. Hope you can snag one of those times
Saw your earlier post and just got off the phone, thanks. Nothing around 7:15, nice grab! Booked BOG on the 24th at 9:15. It will be a late dinner, but expect we would be staying late anyway. I'll keep trying for a better slot as we go. Since we now know we will be in the same park on the same day, we'll have to plan a meet up as we get closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Morning Guys.

My last day at work for until March 12th.

Suppose to be a messy day here today, snow freezing rain and ice pellets all in the forecast. If it's going to happen, start soon! I don't need to be driving in crappy weather tomorrow night.
Are you sure I can't fit in your luggage and come along. I'm really quiet and promise to behave. Tell your boss that you have my permission to leave early today.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #677
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post

Are you sure I can't fit in your luggage and come along. I'm really quiet and promise to behave. Tell your boss that you have my permission to leave early today.

Well we only have one checked bag. Would you fit in the overhead bin? I am the boss and I told myself I have to stay until at least 4 today. Driving to Portland Maine tomorrow night, I think the train comes up that far.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #678
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Saw your earlier post and just got off the phone, thanks. Nothing around 7:15, nice grab! Booked BOG on the 24th at 9:15. It will be a late dinner, but expect we would be staying late anyway. I'll keep trying for a better slot as we go. Since we now know we will be in the same park on the same day, we'll have to plan a meet up as we get closer.
Well, I freed up the 9pm ressie when I grabbed the 7:15. There was some on the 25-26 too, prime time but I've "locked" those days as well with other events. the 24th was supposed to be our off day, but will go to MK in the evening. Good chance we will run into each other at BOG, seeing we are only 2 hours apart on ADRs.

Keep checking, I've gone online twice a day since the window opened up, and lucked out after a week...just looked for fun, and only times after 9 are left for the 24-25-26.

This is our basic itinerary. No park-hoppers involved, it's $$ we can spend elsewhere

8/19 - Arrival, no parks, dinner at Par Fare
8/20 - MK
8/21 - DSH Mamma Melrose/Fantasmic
8/22 - Epcot Lunch at Chefs, Dinner at Via Napoli
8/23 - MK (open-close EMH)
8/24 - Sleep in and Pool Day, MK in the evening..likely only long enough for BOG and a couple of rides
8/25 - AK, Tusker for Breakfast, Yak and Yeti for dinner
8/26 - Epcot Akershus for lunch, San Angel for dinner
8/27 - MK in the AM only, resort rest of the day, Whispering Canyon for dinner
8/28 - DHS, Sci-Fi for lunch...if we get done all we want to, flake out early to the resort
8/29 - Kona Cafe for Breakfast, 1/2 day at Seaworld (shows/animals. not for rides)
8/30 - MK -Ohana for Breakfast
8/31 - Going home

Somewhere we want to hit DTD for a couple of hours at least, to do a bit of shopping and Ghirardelli's. Think Earl wil be out this trip, although I heard the Holiday sandwich is going to be permanently available

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 02-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #679
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Well we only have one checked bag. Would you fit in the overhead bin? I am the boss and I told myself I have to stay until at least 4 today. Driving to Portland Maine tomorrow night, I think the train comes up that far.
Man, your boss is a hardass

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)

Old 02-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #680
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Man, your boss is a hardass

Well I am home tomorrow while DW and DS go to school.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 02-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #681
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
This is our basic itinerary. No park-hoppers involved, it's $$ we can spend elsewhere

8/20 - MK
8/24 - Sleep in and Pool Day, MK in the evening..likely only long enough for BOG and a couple of rides
8/28 - DHS, Sci-Fi for lunch...if we get done all we want to, flake out early to the resort
8/29 - Kona Cafe for Breakfast, 1/2 day at Seaworld (shows/animals. not for rides)
8/31 - Going home

Somewhere we want to hit DTD for a couple of hours at least, to do a bit of shopping and Ghirardelli's. Think Earl wil be out this trip, although I heard the Holiday sandwich is going to be permanently available
It seems pretty packed in and busy, but the purpose of the Disney trips is to go out and have fun, we are not big "relax" on vacation types. We can really only swing Disney every other year, so get as much in as we can. There is a couple of days relaxing at Cocoa Beach before we get to Disney as well. I will have two other weeks off in the summer which will be laid back.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #682
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Well I am home tomorrow while DW and DS go to school.
Okay then, that works..

Old 02-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #683
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Calling is much easier!

Had to move a few things around and now the reservations are coming together. Now have:

BOG
Via Napoli (Lunch)
Tusker House (Breakfast)
Whispering Canyon (Dinner)
Sci-Fi Diner (Lunch)
Liberty Tree Tavern (Dinner)
Ohana (Breakfast)
LeCellier (Dinner)

May try to do the hoop de doo review, looking for a good fit. Still have a bunch to figure out, but it's going a lot better via phone. Was told Sci-Fi was out of booking window, but allowed me to book anyway since I was staying at POR.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #684
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
OK, what were your travel dates again? We will be there 8/21-8/28. Are we overlapping or are you there earlier in the month?
Quote:
No, we'll be there the same time, We arrive on the 8/19-8/31
If only we had a place to check when other Dads will be in the World...

Old 02-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #685
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

From my front porch last night...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS10
Member #561
Old 02-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #686
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Once I have everything fully booked, I'll get Randall to add me to page 1, still up in the air as to where we are staying, either POP or POR.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #687
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
From my front porch last night...

We were spared the brunt of it being right on the lake, warmer temps kept a lot of it rain instead of snow.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #688
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, I freed up the 9pm ressie when I grabbed the 7:15. There was some on the 25-26 too, prime time but I've "locked" those days as well with other events. the 24th was supposed to be our off day, but will go to MK in the evening. Good chance we will run into each other at BOG, seeing we are only 2 hours apart on ADRs.

Keep checking, I've gone online twice a day since the window opened up, and lucked out after a week...just looked for fun, and only times after 9 are left for the 24-25-26.

8/20 - MK
8/31 - Going home

So far, but subject to several changes:

8/21 - Arrival around noon, DTD and pool time.
8/22 - EPCOT, Via Napoli for lunch, Le Cellier for dinner
8/23 - AK, Tusker for early breakfast, Whispering Canyon Dinner
8/24 - MK (most likely) BOG dinner
8/25 - depends on 8/24, most likely a pool/relax morning and then either DTD or park in the evening.
8/26 - EPCOT
8/27 - HS Sci-Fi Lunch, MK evening?
8/28 - Seaworld for the day, Flights leave at 8:20PM to head home.

As the kids only do a few things in HS we only need the morning and early afternoon. We have park hoppers (kids tix gift from grandparents) so may actually hop some depending on how busy it is and how quickly we get around. I'm sure we'll change things up a few more times before we get everything in order. We need to plan time at the resort for DD to have her hair wrapped as well. Mmmmmm, we like Earl!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #689
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Morning guys. Hope everyone is doing well.

I just saw the last few minutes of the ISU/KU game so I have no idea how bad the officiating was.

Since we're on the topic of ADR's, I've got a question I'd like to ask the group. I'd like to kick off the kid's first day at WDW with breakfast at Chef Mickey's. I'm thinking I'd have to make the reservation for 7am to make RD. DW and my mother think I'm nuts to get the kids up that early and to do that much first thing. What do you guys think? Am I doing too much or is it doable? Also, how hard would it be to get to and from Contemporary that time of day?

Thanks for the input.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 02-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #690
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Exactly. Was too lazy to go to page 1. Can you please add my dates? 8/21-8/28. You can also add that I am in MA, birthday is in August and I'll figure what else you need.

What size sweatshirt do you wear? I may have a surprise for you.
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, penguins, post padding, star wars

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: