Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #16
smurphs719
Earning My Ears

Our 19 month old got his first haircut there in January and it was worth every penny. He got "first haircut" ears and they covered him in stickers... And honestly the cut was pretty good. It was a morning on a slow day in January and we did have to wait about 30 minutes (no ADR) but the kind woman at the counter told us that during lunchtime is much slower than first thing in the morning.

Mom to Laurie, my very own Neverland Pirate
smurphs719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #17
beth4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgirl06
Our DD (18 months) has a major mullet right now... We're hoping to wait til our trip in August for her first haircut, but I think it's easier to wait with girls (we are attempting barrettes to keep it out of her face, but they usually last about 2 minutes). Is barber shop booking 180 days out like adrs?
Yes, you can book the barber shop 180 days out. I booked our appts when I scheduled our ADRs.
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #18
alimbrogno
Mouseketeer

Where is the barbershop located? I can't find any information on it at all! My niece is going to BBB and I was thinking I could take my son to the barbershop while she does that. Can someone give me more info on this please? Prices and all? Thanks!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:38 AM   #19
beth4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alimbrogno
Where is the barbershop located? I can't find any information on it at all! My niece is going to BBB and I was thinking I could take my son to the barbershop while she does that. Can someone give me more info on this please? Prices and all? Thanks!
It is on Main Street.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #20
poohfriend77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma23 View Post
They found new hair gel, so it's back! It's $5.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...y-barber-shop/
Thanks for the link! I'm so glad it's back. My girls loved getting the gel last year, and sooooo many people stopped us to ask where we got it done. And they couldn't believe the price. It's one of the best-kept Disney secrets.
poohfriend77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #21
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgirl06 View Post
Our DD (18 months) has a major mullet right now... We're hoping to wait til our trip in August for her first haircut, but I think it's easier to wait with girls (we are attempting barrettes to keep it out of her face, but they usually last about 2 minutes). Is barber shop booking 180 days out like adrs?
Ours is 20 months and rocking quite a mullet too! We're taking her for her 1st haircut on our trip in May (23 mos), I just booked it last week with no problem (~70 days before the trip). I don't think it books as quickly as, say, BBB, etc.

I'm still trying to figure out "HOW" to have them cut it, since she has sort of a widow's peak up front making bangs out of the question for now!
iheartjuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #22
schmeve
Mouseketeer

Awesome! I'm glad they updated their page. New gel and it says all barbers are licensed cosmologists now too! I feel a little more secure now getting my DDs (2yrs old) first hair cut there lol

We were Engaged in front of Cinderella's Castle May 2007

Schmeve
schmeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #23
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Our dd will be 2.5 in May for our trip and we are thinking of doing her first haircut here. She's a bit wary of strangers though and gets upset at people she doesn't know touching her. How are they in these situations? Can she sit on my lap and they cut her hair that way? Any suggestions? Thanks
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #24
Pseudacris
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
A little OT, sorry, but when do children start to get haircuts?

We were at the World this past December and DS was only 2 months so no hair at the time, but I would love for his first haircut to be at WDW or DL. I'm hoping our next WDW trip will be in December, so he'll be 1 year and 2 months old. Is this old enough to get his first haircut? Thanks for any input!
Both of my boys had their first haircuts at 18 months. Of course, we keep their hair on the longer side, so it was more to prevent mullet-ing in both cases.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #25
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylyn_b
Our dd will be 2.5 in May for our trip and we are thinking of doing her first haircut here. She's a bit wary of strangers though and gets upset at people she doesn't know touching her. How are they in these situations? Can she sit on my lap and they cut her hair that way? Any suggestions? Thanks
Anyone?
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #26
theduhaimes
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have any pictures of the hair gel/pixie dust. We are going for my son's 5th birthday in December and I was planning to take him to the Pirate League. He says he doesn't want to look like a pirate he wants a "Mickey Makeover". I have no idea!

Me(43) DH(47) DS17 DD11 DS8 DS5

theduhaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #27
Agent P
He's a Platypus, they don't do much

Just got back last week, did the barbershop for the whole family. My DW and DD both got pony tails and pixie dust: $5 each. My DS and I got the full haircut w/ pixie dust for ~$12 each. Matching glitter hair made the kids happy. They do alot of 1st haircuts and were very nice.

Compared to the $100 BBB, I thought the barbershop was a great bargain with nicer looking hair.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #28
Ed5781
Dead men tell no tales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylyn_b View Post
Anyone?
Yes. They can sit on your lap.

We were a little nervous with our son (15 months). They covered him from head to toe in stickets, and gave him a spinny thing to hold. It totally distracted him, he didn't even notice he was getting his haircut (and sat by himself).

August 1991-Offsite (first trip, 10 years old), March 1999-Offsite (high school trip), August 2000-Offsite, April 2009-POR-French Quarter (purchased DVC (BLT) on trip), May 2010-SSR, December 2011-BLT, September 2012-BCV (DS 2nd bday), September 2013-BCV (DS 3rd bday)
Ed5781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #29
kittyninja
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy!

Quote:
My youngest son will be getting his first haircut when we are there next month. He will be 14 months. I also have an appt for my daughter so I am glad they have the gel/confetti option again! Can you get just the gel and not a haircut? I didn't really want her hair cut but since baby is getting a cut and her twin brothers are doing pirates league I wanted something fun for her too!
Yes, if you go to the link from a PP they have the "menu" and the hair gel is $5. I think since you'll be there already that would be cute for her. But maybe you should look into PL for her too since that's kinda big. You know your kids and budget though so I'm not trying to pry!

I kind of want the hair gel and I'm almost 19...lol

2000--First Disney Trip * 2007--Christmas in the World (if mom doesn't put up the tree!) * 2009--Visiting my CP sis! * 2010--Harry Potter has come to US *
May 2011--Graduation trip, IOA and DW * November 2011--Celebration of the 7 HP movies, "Did I just hug a Weasley twin?!" *
* 2012--1 Year Anniversary Trip with my HPBF, IOA * 2013--Graduation/Christmas Trip, Nana and Her Princesses * 2014--Show Your Disney Side, Universal, and Bubba Gump Shrimp!! *

kittyninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #30
beth4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyninja

Yes, if you go to the link from a PP they have the "menu" and the hair gel is $5. I think since you'll be there already that would be cute for her. But maybe you should look into PL for her too since that's kinda big. You know your kids and budget though so I'm not trying to pry!

I kind of want the hair gel and I'm almost 19...lol
Thx for the info! I think she would prefer the barber shop since she really wants to see her baby bro get his first haircut! I know the PL is big, and I want just the twins to be able to do that one. Last trip she got a Hannah Montana makeover at BBB so it is the boys' turn for something extra special. I am sure she will be happy with just gel/confetti!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: