Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
carolinamommy
Earning My Ears

what to do on halloween OTHER than MNSSHP?

Hi all,

I was just wondering if there was anything interesting going on Halloween night OTHER than MNSSHP? We have 2 kiddos, 6 and 4, and I was just wondering what we could do with them that evening to make it special. I heard they used to have ToTing in DTD, but canceled it. We may try to get tickets to MNSSHP for earlier in that week, but still undecided. So any ideas would be great! TIA!
carolinamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

I've heard about something in the Fort Wilderness area (Haunted Hayride, maybe?) but I'm not sure if they cancelled it last year. You can also walk through that same area - a lot of the people staying in RVs will decorate their "yards". Two years ago someone had an entire haunted area set up where the kids could run through a maze.

If you're wanting something low-key, I would suggest dinner at the Poly and then watching the HalloWishes fireworks from the beach.

MNSSHP is crowded, but a lot of fun - and a must-do if you've never done it! I wouldn't go Halloween night (way too crowded for me), but it's a great experience, even if it's just once.

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Many of the resorts have various activities planned throughout Halloween day. I believe the haunted hayride was discontinued a couple years ago but perhaps I am wrong???? I know SSR had pumpkin decorating and costume parade and trick or treating and a Halloween craft etc on the actual day. That's where we stayed.
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylyn_b View Post
Many of the resorts have various activities planned throughout Halloween day. I believe the haunted hayride was discontinued a couple years ago but perhaps I am wrong???? I know SSR had pumpkin decorating and costume parade and trick or treating and a Halloween craft etc on the actual day. That's where we stayed.
No, I thought the same thing - I'm pretty sure I remembered people last year saying that they weren't doing it anymore, but I've never researched it or experienced it, so I wasn't 100% sure (darn that Search Function for being down lol!).

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleeH View Post
I've heard about something in the Fort Wilderness area (Haunted Hayride, maybe?) but I'm not sure if they cancelled it last year. You can also walk through that same area - a lot of the people staying in RVs will decorate their "yards". Two years ago someone had an entire haunted area set up where the kids could run through a maze.

If you're wanting something low-key, I would suggest dinner at the Poly and then watching the HalloWishes fireworks from the beach.

MNSSHP is crowded, but a lot of fun - and a must-do if you've never done it! I wouldn't go Halloween night (way too crowded for me), but it's a great experience, even if it's just once.
We'll be there Halloween night too and I love the idea above! Don't know if my kids will dig it though, lol. We'll do MNSSHP the week before and I want to skip it Halloween night.

Does anyone else out there have an idea about what to do on Halloween night?
daisymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
mssong85
Mouseketeer

Check later in the year, but Downtown Disney might do trick or treating. I am also going for Halloween and looking too.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #7
SarahKate
DIS Veteran

We were there last Halloween. MNSSHP is a must do in my opinion. It gets crowded but its really awesome later in the evening as the park starts to empty. If you're staying on site your resort will likely have activities on Halloween. We did this at POR. They had back to back activities all day so it's a nice laid back day for hanging around the resort. There were games, costume walk, trick or treat stations, cake walk, and Tiana and Louie even came by! It was a fun day.

I have heard horror stories about DTD. Just think about how crowded that place can get on a weekend and multiply it. Figure that you will be likely waiting in very, very long lines along with fellow guests and people who are staying offsite or just visiting.
SarahKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #8
mssong85
Mouseketeer

Good point. It has been awhile (6years) So I am a newbie again. We will be staying in a value resort. I hope they do things too.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:54 AM   #9
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahKate View Post
We were there last Halloween. MNSSHP is a must do in my opinion. It gets crowded but its really awesome later in the evening as the park starts to empty. If you're staying on site your resort will likely have activities on Halloween. We did this at POR. They had back to back activities all day so it's a nice laid back day for hanging around the resort. There were games, costume walk, trick or treat stations, cake walk, and Tiana and Louie even came by! It was a fun day.

I have heard horror stories about DTD. Just think about how crowded that place can get on a weekend and multiply it. Figure that you will be likely waiting in very, very long lines along with fellow guests and people who are staying offsite or just visiting.
Thanks for the info about events at POR!
daisymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: