Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

Anaheim Plaza Inn vs BWPPI

Okay so due to location we were going to do BWPPI. Can't get any closer than that!

However, some friends just told us they always stay at the Anaheim Plaza Inn and it's not a far walk so I googled it. It looks to be a closer walk than HOJO was last year...but not as close as BWPPI of course.

Has anywone stayed at Anaheim Plaza Inn lately? How was it? Their pool looks really big (a plus for my water-kid)

BWPPI is pricing out at $784 after tax for 5nts and the API is at $441!!!
awdsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

I know there are people who love this hotel, but the one night we stayed there I was disappointed. The room was the smallest I've ever seen and the walls were paper thin. However, the price couldn't be beat. I don't know if maybe I booked a basic room for that price?

Upcoming: Oct 16-19 (DLH); Nov 19-25 (GCH)

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12

DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

We've stayed at the Plaza several times, and it is definitely a budget hotel. The rooms are motel-like, but the grounds are very pretty. The pool is beyond great, and the walk to DL is not bad at all. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We haven't had too much trouble with noise there, except one time when our room was a "connecting" room, but we didn't know the people on the other side. Sound really traveled through the connecting door, and our neighbors had a baby that cried most of the night.
We haven't been yet, but the Anaheim Gardenwalk is right behind the Plaza, if your family likes eating outside of the park.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
beckyboo87
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdsmama
Okay so due to location we were going to do BWPPI. Can't get any closer than that!

However, some friends just told us they always stay at the Anaheim Plaza Inn and it's not a far walk so I googled it. It looks to be a closer walk than HOJO was last year...but not as close as BWPPI of course.

Has anywone stayed at Anaheim Plaza Inn lately? How was it? Their pool looks really big (a plus for my water-kid)

BWPPI is pricing out at $784 after tax for 5nts and the API is at $441!!!
I am here right now. This is my 5th night and one more to go....I am not disappointed in my room. I have stayed here at least 30 times.. Yes it is a budget hotel but I feel like most of the complaints that people have about noise are pretty common in most all hotels. I too debate bwppi and truthfully, I had originally only bookedm3 nights here with the intention of trying out bwppi, but I decided to continue with this hotel(I am a smoker who prefers a lanai to sit on and smoke-so this does have a lot to do with my choice) but this hotel is $40 a night cheaper...and I'd rather spend my money saved in the parks. It's is my "go to" hotel...I've never had any problems here

And the pool is definitely big! My son loved it, although I am here by myself right now.

Not sure if your interested or not but this hotel is a little closer to the anaheim gardenwalk....I happen to frequent Bubba Gump Shrimp in there...
Old 02-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #5
beckyboo87
Earning My Ears

Oh, yeah, I have stayed at HoJo and I also think it is further down than API...
Old 02-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #6
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyboo87 View Post
I am here right now. This is my 5th night and one more to go....I am not disappointed in my room. I have stayed here at least 30 times.. Yes it is a budget hotel but I feel like most of the complaints that people have about noise are pretty common in most all hotels. I too debate bwppi and truthfully, I had originally only bookedm3 nights here with the intention of trying out bwppi, but I decided to continue with this hotel(I am a smoker who prefers a lanai to sit on and smoke-so this does have a lot to do with my choice) but this hotel is $40 a night cheaper...and I'd rather spend my money saved in the parks. It's is my "go to" hotel...I've never had any problems here

And the pool is definitely big! My son loved it, although I am here by myself right now.

Not sure if your interested or not but this hotel is a little closer to the anaheim gardenwalk....I happen to frequent Bubba Gump Shrimp in there...

The day of our arrival is a no-park day until 3p-4p'ish (using halloween party tickets not park hopper) so heck yes the Garden Walk interest me hahaha!

And yes, I just can't ignore the price difference!! That's an extra night or two, or extra character dining, or...the list goes on!

Thanks everyone! I know some people that have been and they love it - not because it's fancy (it's not) but because it's close, cheap and they've always had clean rooms w/out updgrading ;-)

I hate online reviews even on tripadvisor because you are only reading a review, you don't know the persons preferences and what they are used to etc.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #7
MickeyFan18
Mouseketeer

I have stayed at API a few times and have had both good and bad experiences... Def. closer than Hojo, but not as nice. From experience request a first floor room.... Every one we have stayed in has been a lot bigger than the upstairs room I've been in.
MickeyFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #8
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan18 View Post
I have stayed at API a few times and have had both good and bad experiences... Def. closer than Hojo, but not as nice. From experience request a first floor room.... Every one we have stayed in has been a lot bigger than the upstairs room I've been in.
Good to know, thanks :-)
Old 02-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
NVDisMom
I love to read aloud
First rule: NEVER take DH and kids grocery shopping

Anaheim Plaza is our go to accommodation as well. Especially when it was $59/night year round. We have stayed dozens of nights and never really had a bad experience.

We did have one stay, during a heat wave (100+) no less, that the air conditioner didn't work consistently. I know it was a property wide problem, you saw the maintenance guys everywhere on property. roofs and all. A couple of the buildings have a central air setup and when we checked in she didn't put us in one of those rooms b/c of the issues. Then when we got to our room with a window unit, it wouldn't stay on for very long. Within 15 minutes they had brought us a new unit and installed it while we swam instead of unpacking.

Other than that problem free, clean and close. Some of the rooms are small but others are huge. We like the upstairs end rooms, especially the ones close to the pool. They are huge! And the pool is nice and big, you never feel crowded in.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #10
stubby
Mouseketeer

We have stayed twice before. We have reservations in 2 weeks and again in May for a week. The rooms aren't The Four Seasons by any means but, we spend about 5 hours total in ours so for the price we love the place.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #11
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

Well...reservation @ Anaheim Plaza is made!

I'm still in awe of $441 including tax for 5 nights.

If they bring back 6 day park hoppers any time soon it may just change to 6 nights hahaha

DS's Surprise 1st trip, Spring Break/March 2012 PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2883877

Old 03-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #12
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdsmama View Post
Well...reservation @ Anaheim Plaza is made!

I'm still in awe of $441 including tax for 5 nights.

If they bring back 6 day park hoppers any time soon it may just change to 6 nights hahaha
Have a great trip. Fingers crossed for a 6th night!
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: