Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #436
bigAWL
DIS Veteran
 
bigAWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Hague, Netherlands
Posts: 1,701

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
I have to wonder about David's. You only needed 70 pts and he couldn't get that for you? We needed 230 pts, had our app and deposit into him about 12 months prior and he wasn't able to secure those either. I wonder if people just aren't wanting to do away with their points?

I understand our situation but, only 70 pts-wow.
There seems to be either a drop in supply or a rise in demand for points. David's site is currently offering $11 per point to owners where the rate is normally $10. They are clearly having trouble filling orders right now, but so far they have not raised their rate to renters (still $13).

I've been wondering how long it would take for the going rates to start creeping up.
__________________
............... Walt Disney World ............ Disney Cruise Line .................... Disneyland Resort .............. Disneyland Paris

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #437
toniosmom
AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!
 
toniosmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,432

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
There seems to be either a drop in supply or a rise in demand for points. David's site is currently offering $11 per point to owners where the rate is normally $10. They are clearly having trouble filling orders right now, but so far they have not raised their rate to renters (still $13).

I've been wondering how long it would take for the going rates to start creeping up.
I agree -- there are so many factors involved that effect inventory. He can only fulfill requests if owners contract with him. It also depends on resort -- some resorts are more popular than others. Every time I have rented my AKV points with him, I had a request the same day. Lucky for me, AKV appears to be a popular rental resort. For the past couple of years, I've been renting out some of my AKV points and paying for a DCL cruise with cash. (Disney is getting my money either way....LOL.)

Good luck with your BLT rental -- hang in there, hopefully it'll come through soon.
__________________
Me: DS9:

1974 - Offsite 1976 - Offsite 1997 - Dixie Landings 1998 - Offsite 2008 - All Star Movies - Became new DVC member! March 2009 - SSR - First DVC Vacation!
March 2010 - AKV-Kidani Dec 2010 - BLT Christmas Trip April 2011 - BCV Nov 2011- BWV/DCL Dream March 2013 - BLT/DCL Dream April 2014 - VGF/DCL Dream Sept 2014 - VWL
toniosmom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #438
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,091

From AllEars

From now through the beginning of March, Walt Disney World will be upgrading its complimentary Wi-Fi internet service at the resorts, Downtown Disney and in the theme parks. As a result, there may be brief service interruptions, of only five minutes' duration at any given time or location. Note that Wi-Fi is not available at Walt Disney World water park and miniature golf locations, or while on Walt Disney World transportation.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #439
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer
 
RapunzelsGoodMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 259

BOG Fastpass +

Please, please, PLEASE let me get selected for the BOG FP+ in September. So far, it is really my only "want to do" item for our week there. And I keep hearing horror storied about people calling and getting shut out from all dinner reservations! I'm hoping to do both a lunch one day and a dinner another. Here's hoping!

I have a BLT ressie that I attempted to book through David's at the 11 month mark. He didn't have the points when the booking time came. But he was able to place it about two weeks later so hang in there! Crossing my fingers for you! Paid cash last year for BLT and it was worth every penny. Can't wait to go back. Seriously. Can't wait. How in the heck am I supposed to wait. Oh good idea, I'll get in on the remodel "what the heck is up with that AWFUL fried egg carpet?" discussion. Seriously, that is hideous. But funny in a strange way......
RapunzelsGoodMom is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #440
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 7,117

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom
Please, please, PLEASE let me get selected for the BOG FP+ in September. So far, it is really my only "want to do" item for our week there. And I keep hearing horror storied about people calling and getting shut out from all dinner reservations! I'm hoping to do both a lunch one day and a dinner another. Here's hoping!

I have a BLT ressie that I attempted to book through David's at the 11 month mark. He didn't have the points when the booking time came. But he was able to place it about two weeks later so hang in there! Crossing my fingers for you! Paid cash last year for BLT and it was worth every penny. Can't wait to go back. Seriously. Can't wait. How in the heck am I supposed to wait. Oh good idea, I'll get in on the remodel "what the heck is up with that AWFUL fried egg carpet?" discussion. Seriously, that is hideous. But funny in a strange way......
So far, it looks like FP+ will be for lunch only at BOG. Start trying for your dinner ADR at 6am on the first morning of your 180+10 and you should be able to get it. September isn't a particularly busy time in the World.
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 8/14, 5/14 Past TR: 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now  
Old 02-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #441
closetmickey
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: California
Posts: 1,029

Love the new Mickey pillow! Was there any "Mickey" themed decor in the old design? Fun touch, while still understated. My kids will enjoy them this summer.
__________________


4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
closetmickey is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #442
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer
 
RapunzelsGoodMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 259

I'm ready!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
So far, it looks like FP+ will be for lunch only at BOG. Start trying for your dinner ADR at 6am on the first morning of your 180+10 and you should be able to get it. September isn't a particularly busy time in the World.
I'm totally ready! Hoping the drama is simply from busy season and I won't get the same going in September. The joy of having little ones is going for lesser crowds......my dialing finger is ready! Now I just hope it lives up to my expectations....hearing such great things......that and I can't wait to see the pool this time. Last time we seriously didn't leave the parks or our room to even LOOK at the pool! ha!
RapunzelsGoodMom is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #443
singastory
Are you sure this water's sanitary? It looks questionable to me!!
 
singastory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom View Post
Seriously. Can't wait. How in the heck am I supposed to wait. Oh good idea, I'll get in on the remodel "what the heck is up with that AWFUL fried egg carpet?" discussion. Seriously, that is hideous. But funny in a strange way......
Honestly I am super surprised at myself. I HATE eggs, they gross me waaayyyy out. I'm pretty sure I overdid them as a kid because I used to eat them constantly. Honestly, the new carpets aren't that offensive to me!!! I've never stayed at the CR, and if my BLT request comes in I won't have to for my upcoming trip, so maybe it's because I never saw the old ones? My favorite color is yellow so maybe that helps me see past the egginess?
__________________
Beth
"Tigers don't live in South America. Zoology." ~ Russell


singastory is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #444
Hulles
Martian Mickey
 
Hulles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 74

Woo, just paid off our april stay at bay lake tower....a whole 4days before my 45day due date Now, its time to countdown and pack.
Hulles is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #445
montrealdisneylovers
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulles View Post
Woo, just paid off our april stay at bay lake tower....a whole 4days before my 45day due date Now, its time to countdown and pack.
Real excited for you!! Enjoy both the countdown and the stay! It will be over before you know it.
__________________
montrealdisneylovers is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #446
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half
 
Gryhndmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulles View Post
Woo, just paid off our april stay at bay lake tower....a whole 4days before my 45day due date Now, its time to countdown and pack.
Your going to love BLT and have a great Birthday ! From another 45 yr old... It's not too bad an age
__________________
Me DH
my Greyhound kids
Cardinal NattyNovaJessica
Gryhndmom is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #447
cmbpanda
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: london, uk
Posts: 93

Please cold one of you knowledgeable CR regulars tell me if there is a microwave and / or toaster available anywhere at CR to heat our own food. Knowing this will help me to plan our GG order. Thanks
cmbpanda is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #448
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
Love the new Mickey pillow! Was there any "Mickey" themed decor in the old design? Fun touch, while still understated. My kids will enjoy them this summer.
The daybed had HMs on it in between the larger circles.



Quote:
Originally Posted by singastory View Post
Honestly I am super surprised at myself. I HATE eggs, they gross me waaayyyy out. I'm pretty sure I overdid them as a kid because I used to eat them constantly. Honestly, the new carpets aren't that offensive to me!!! I've never stayed at the CR, and if my BLT request comes in I won't have to for my upcoming trip, so maybe it's because I never saw the old ones? My favorite color is yellow so maybe that helps me see past the egginess?
After I showed DH the carpet, he said it didn't really bother him. Why does it bother me so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Your going to love BLT and have a great Birthday ! From another 45 yr old... It's not too bad an age
I think the OP meant that she is PIF 45 days before her 45-day mark. But, I turned 45 recently and I agree that it's a nice number

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbpanda View Post
Please cold one of you knowledgeable CR regulars tell me if there is a microwave and / or toaster available anywhere at CR to heat our own food. Knowing this will help me to plan our GG order. Thanks
You can request a microwave for your room, but it's not guaranteed and there are microwaves at Contempo Cafe:

WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #449
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Welcome! Unless you are accompanied by the DVC owner who rented the points to you, then you're correct that you can't go to the TOTWL. I know that you can see the EWP from the Skybridge, but I thought I read once that they weren't going to allow guests to watch Wishes from the Skybridge - hopefully someone will chime in here.
Hi WDWKOOK, I am not sure that info is correct. We stayed on points that we purchased from a friend of ours so when we checked in and received our key to the world card our card had DVC on it. The person who takes you up to the TOTWL said as long as your card has DVC on it you can go up. My husband and nephew went up a couple of times when we were there and were never questioned.
Leafsgirl36 is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #450
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half
 
Gryhndmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 497

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
I think the OP meant that she is PIF 45 days [I
before[/I] her 45-day mark. But, I turned 45 recently and I agree that it's a nice number ]
See what happens when you haven't had coffee in the a.m. AND you've been home 3 days from CR and the CL and you just want to go back to WDW ? !
__________________
Me DH
my Greyhound kids
Cardinal NattyNovaJessica
Gryhndmom is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: