Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
esbrick
DIS Veteran
 
esbrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,589

I know there are no stupid question but I may just be able to make your eyes roll. .

OK when it comes to those reusable swim diapers what do you do when you LO poops? Am I correct in thinking that you should always have 2 ready to go so that if this happens you can just wash the poopy one and put the extra swimmer on? Is this really the best option, I'd like to be environmentally friendly if I can, however, if disposable is more sanitary I'd go that way. What do you think?

TIA

E
__________________
Mike (DH), Eilis (ME), Meg (DD) Declan (DS)
April 12 - Krick, Brick, Brady Families Spring Break @ SSR; March/April 11 - Krick, Brick, Brady Families Spring Break; May 10 - Mike & Eilis SSR, April 09 - Krick / Brady families Spring Break to SSR and the Disney Wonder; December 08 - Eilis & Mike's Disneymoon at SSR ; May 08 - SSR DFH & Me ; March 08 - DCL DFH, DSD & Me!!; September 07 - Labor Day Family Trip; More trips not enough room
esbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 15,167

Either always carry a spare and some liquid laundry detergent (so you can properly wash it out in the sink and let it dry), or you can go with putting a disposable swim diaper under the reusable.

I always went with the latter on vacation, because the tightness of the leg openings in the reusables is much better at holding in waste.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
CanuckTraveller
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Near Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 323

My two are long out of diapers, but when we used reusable swimmers we always had two. I love sunlight detergent bars, they can get poop out of anything and transport easily while on vacation.
Remember the sun is your friend when trying to get poop stains out of cloth
__________________
Upcoming:
NCL Breakaway March, 2014
DCL ??? 2015
African safari, July, 2016

Past:
DCL Dream/ WDW, March, 2013
NCL Jewel, New Year's Eve, 2012
NCL Star, New Year's, 2012
NCL Sun, New Year's, 2011
Land trips to all Canadian provinces, most of the eastern US, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Egypt, Columbia, Puerto Rico and a few others I can't remember as a child!
CanuckTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
nhmommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckTraveller View Post
Remember the sun is your friend when trying to get poop stains out of cloth
Yes!
nhmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
nhmommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by esbrick View Post
OK when it comes to those reusable swim diapers what do you do when you LO poops? Am I correct in thinking that you should always have 2 ready to go so that if this happens you can just wash the poopy one and put the extra swimmer on? Is this really the best option, I'd like to be environmentally friendly if I can, however, if disposable is more sanitary I'd go that way. What do you think?

TIA

E
The cloth diapers are plenty sanitary! My boys never seem to poop around the pool so I would/did only bring one if he did happen to poop in it I would have had to bring him back to the room or empty it in the toilet and wash it out in the sink. If you are spending a long time near the pool you want to bring a spare and change it just so they are not wearing wet chlorine soaked diaper against the skin while eating lunch or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotUrsula View Post
Either always carry a spare and some liquid laundry detergent (so you can properly wash it out in the sink and let it dry), or you can go with putting a disposable swim diaper under the reusable.

I always went with the latter on vacation, because the tightness of the leg openings in the reusables is much better at holding in waste.
There are also liners you can buy if your skeeved out by poop they are water tolerent and unroll like toiletpaper.
nhmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.