Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Line wait times apps?

I have a few DL wait times apps, but I'm wondering which ones you find are more accurate. And is the one from touring plans (I think I'd have to buy it) more accurate than the free ones.

Used the TP one at WDW and it worked great, but I have no idea if any of them are good at DL.

Thanks in advance!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
Geemo
DIS Veteran

I had my grandson get an app on his phone a few months before our last trip.

It was interesting to check the wait times on various days for our favorite rides.

What was even better, was checking app times when we were right there in front of the rides. RSR on the app had a wait time of 40minutes. The entrance of the ride had it at a 90minute line.

When we used it in the park we found the times on the app were not accurate. It was more of a joke.

It was more fun to use before the trip.

Geemo

Geemo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 02:15 AM   #3
JalenJade
Mouseketeer

The ones that update based on live user data like the touring plans one can be more accurate if enough people are in the parks using it.
JalenJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:18 AM   #4
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Some people have reported success with Mobile Magic, but I can't personally comment because I haven't used it. DBF and I use Mousewait, or in a pinch, we'll call Otto. It would be nice if Otto included return times for FPs though!
mysteriouspnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

I have the Disney Parks app on my Iphone. It's been the most accurate for me. It's through Disney and it won't show you the wait times unless you are in the park. It's great!
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai View Post
Some people have reported success with Mobile Magic, but I can't personally comment because I haven't used it. DBF and I use Mousewait, or in a pinch, we'll call Otto. It would be nice if Otto included return times for FPs though!
Who's Otto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal1313 View Post
I have the Disney Parks app on my Iphone. It's been the most accurate for me. It's through Disney and it won't show you the wait times unless you are in the park. It's great!
That's great to hear. I have the app, too, but I have never tried it for wait times.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 02-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

I assume mobile magic requires GPS/location services enabled?
Snurk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #8
junmatno
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurk71
I believe so, but wouldn't you have that if you are able to download this App? It tells you where you are in the park exactly.
junmatno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
Who's Otto?

That's great to hear. I have the app, too, but I have never tried it for wait times.
Otto is a robot you call to get wait times and such. He's also helpful for parade and fireworks times. His number is (714) 520-7090. A much more interesting way to get the fireworks time than pulling out your times guide
Old 02-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #10
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurk71 View Post
Yeah, Mobile Magic requires GPS, but sometimes it can be pretty wonky. DBF had it on his phone (I don't know if he still does) but it sometimes couldn't tell that we were in the parks. We were never able to find the characters using Mobile Magic because it always said that "Minnie is off baking cookies" or "Alice is in Wonderland." When it works, it's pretty useful though
Old 02-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #11
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai View Post
Otto is a robot you call to get wait times and such. He's also helpful for parade and fireworks times. His number is (714) 520-7090. A much more interesting way to get the fireworks time than pulling out your times guide
Wow -- never heard of him before. Thanks so much for the explanation and the phone #.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #12
Hojoanaheim
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Who's Otto?

Otto is Disney's automated line that can tell you information about wait times, show times, and dining information. You can reach Otto at (714) 520-7090. He's actually very entertaining; he hums or whistles a Disney turn while he finds your information. (mysteriouspnai beat me to the answer )

I also like to use MouseWait. The wait times are pretty accurate because there is a big community of MouseWaiters that enter in wait times whenever they are in the parks. You can also use the app when you are not in the parks; they have a section in the app where you can see pictures that people post of Disneyland throughout the day.

HTH,

Kriss

Last edited by Hojoanaheim; 02-27-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Hojoanaheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #13
BUDDHALUV
Earning My Ears

Mousewait was real slow on our trip, did find it accurate, but with the lounge it sometimes took forever to load.

Disneyland wait times loaded quicker but didn't have all the fun stuff mousewait had.
BUDDHALUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #14
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow -- never heard of him before. Thanks so much for the explanation and the phone #.
He's pretty new; I think he came out in June or so. You know how some people like checking MouseWait and such when they're at home just to see what the wait time is like on Space Mountain right now? Or maybe I'm just weird like that. I like to call Otto
Old 02-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #15
faith313
Mouseketeer

I use MouseWait too. It's a free ap and very reliable. I actually try to submit wait times there when I'm in the parks, but usually they are always on target. Wonderful community, too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: