Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #3016
Chasesmom
Earning My Ears

That's great information on the buses! Thanks so much!
2010 - CBR - Me, DH, DS(4)
Old 02-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #3017
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

I apologize if this question was already asked, but just heard that AoA offers drawing lessons in Animation hall??? Does anyone know anything about this? like times and where it is located? We are only there for one night before we switch over to AKL, but my DS LOVES to draw so I am sure he would be thrilled to participate in this activity!
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #3018
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
I apologize if this question was already asked, but just heard that AoA offers drawing lessons in Animation hall??? Does anyone know anything about this? like times and where it is located? We are only there for one night before we switch over to AKL, but my DS LOVES to draw so I am sure he would be thrilled to participate in this activity!
This info is from allears, but it should help:
Out in the lobby, tucked next to the front doors, is an area where guests can learn to draw various Disney characters step-by-step. An animator is there from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday through Monday to lead guests through the process. Classes start on the hour and are free.

The Magic of Disney Animation in Disney's Hollywood Studios also has a drawing class with a more formal set-up that is great fun and free too.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 02-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #3019
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies

This info is from allears, but it should help:
Out in the lobby, tucked next to the front doors, is an area where guests can learn to draw various Disney characters step-by-step. An animator is there from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday through Monday to lead guests through the process. Classes start on the hour and are free.

The Magic of Disney Animation in Disney's Hollywood Studios also has a drawing class with a more formal set-up that is great fun and free too.
Thank you so VERY much!!! We have done the one at HS studios and would love to check this out at the resort. The day we check out at AoA we were planning on spending some time at the big blue pool before leaving to check into AKV, so this is a perfect something to do in the morning.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #3020
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

Thanks for the bus info...

random question..

my stomach hurts about not going to animal kingdom...its a short trip, also a first trip..

we have a 5 and 11 yr old and lots of great dining reservations planned..

we have 1 day epcot, 1 day Hollywood studios, 1 full day and a half magic kingdom.........our last day is just flying home..............

Am I missing anything really great?? I LOVE animals, we go to the Denver zoo all the time.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #3021
disneyfans95
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10 View Post

random question..

my stomach hurts about not going to animal kingdom...its a short trip, also a first trip..

we have 1 day epcot, 1 day Hollywood studios, 1 full day and a half magic kingdom.........our last day is just flying home..............

Am I missing anything really great?? I LOVE animals, we go to the Denver zoo all the time.
What does this have to do with the resort? Sorry but hit the parks forum for that stuff.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #3022
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10 View Post

random question..

what time is the flight home? maybe you could squeeze something in in the morning. (although that wouldn't be very good use of a ticket)

the safari ride is cool. we LOVE the "Finding Nemo, the musical " show, and the Festival of the Lion King show. I might split a day between AK and epcot.

thing is you can only squeeze so much into a little time.. you don't want to drive yourselves nutz!

Last edited by smidgy; 02-27-2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: and I sent you a PM!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #3023
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10

random question..

We only have three days. I am going to do AK in the morning for two of our days. My kids love AK.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #3024
Steph2527
DIS Veteran

So excited!! We are going for a short trip April 10-th-13th to look at wedding venues, and planned on staying at POP b/c AOA wasn't available at all (rack rate obviously)...and i happened to look today, and it was available now!! So excited, i booked it immediately!! I can't wait!!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #3025
1tufgt
DIS Veteran

Planning to stay in the mermaid section this fall. Our girls will love it. Can't wait.
9/10 - CSR - Our DD 1st trip to Disney
10/22/11 - 10/30/11 - Pop - With the inlaws their 1st trip
10/28/13 - 11/7/13 - Back to Pop! DD2 1st trip to Disney
Old 02-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #3026
Jimbo352
Earning My Ears

I am looking to stay at AoA in August with my twins, they will be 2 1/2 yrs old. Is this the right resort to stay at. And any other suggestions on going there with 2.5 yr olds I would love some feedback! Like should I bring my stroller or rent? Thanks again!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #3027
3Rouselings
Planning our second trip for May 2013!

Door Decorations

I am heading down to AoA the first week of May and we are SO excited! I am just wondering if anyone saw any door decorations? When we stayed at All Star Music a lot of people decorated their windows which I thought was super cute and we would like to do our door but don't want to be the only family!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #3028
DISvirgin1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo352 View Post
I am looking to stay at AoA in August with my twins, they will be 2 1/2 yrs old. Is this the right resort to stay at. And any other suggestions on going there with 2.5 yr olds I would love some feedback! Like should I bring my stroller or rent? Thanks again!
We didn't want to deal with a stroller at the airport so we rented from a company and had one delivered to our hotel. BUT the double stroller we own is more for younger kids (our girls are 6 & 7) anyway. If you have a decent double stroller you can save a lot of money bringing it. I don't know what rooms you want to stay in, but the Cars suites and the LM rooms are far from the main building - we were very glad to have a stroller after a long day at the parks to go back to the room.
I would think your kids would love the splash pad at the main pool area. Even my kids thought it was cool and they can swim.
February 2013 Second Visit - AoA LM Room
February 2011 First Visit - LBV Best Western
Old 03-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #3029
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo352 View Post
The pool is perfect for little ones with the zero entry. I saw lots of young families toddling around the edges and having a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Rouselings View Post
I am heading down to AoA the first week of May and we are SO excited! I am just wondering if anyone saw any door decorations? When we stayed at All Star Music a lot of people decorated their windows which I thought was super cute and we would like to do our door but don't want to be the only family!
I bought about 10 colourful paper fish from a party store and put magnets on the back. Then put them on the front door. It was actually fun watching the fish migrate their way down the corridor onto other doors. I think they looked so much like the little mermaid decor that other people assumed they were part of the resort. At the end of our stay we shared them around.
We also made an extensive window display with an Ursula cave and treasures. Not sure if anyone saw it, but we LOVED coming home to it and our mousekeeper had fun with our stuff too! Do it for yourselves!

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 03-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #3030
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

(Disclaimer: I am a resort switch-a-holic)

I just switched my reservation from May 9-15 to the Art of Animation. Right now I'm reserved for a Lion King Suite. My 2 year old is OBSESSED with "King Lion." I was planning on 2 rooms at Coronado Springs (and before that, 2 rooms at Pop but I don't really like the decor at Pop, and before that an AsMu suite, but I don't care for AsMu's decor or the fact that the rooms look kind of tired). But, I am drawn to the pool and splash area at AoA and I know my kids will LOVE the theming. I am worried that the theming may be a bit "much" for the grown-ups as we have only stayed at Mods before, but I decided to give AoA a try!

Now a Mom of THREE Princesses.
DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

1989: Offsite
Nov 2009: 7 days at Coronado Springs
March 2011: 8 days at POFQ
May 2013: 7 days at Art of Animation (Lion King Suites)
Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: