DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #16
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
Things may have changed, but a few years ago I traveled with friends and they were able to get the member discount on the massage and on diving in the Living Seas, even though I was not personally involved in those activities. But I was in their traveling party, and their room keys did say *DVC Member*.

It never hurts to explain to the person providing the service that you are traveling with a DVC Member and staying on their points, but that is assuming that the room key (or wrist band when they go to that) would indicate DVC Member in some way.
Now the KTTW just say DVC room, not DVC member.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #17
fitnessmouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover
Does his card have his name on it? Or are they both in your name?
We have 3 cards in our household. 1 with my husbands name, and 2 with my name. And there's only 1 dvc contract, in my name only. I'm guessing they made a mistake :-)
Dh will probably never use his anyway

Walt Disney World - Florida 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2009, 2012
Disneyland Resort California - 2002, 2011
DCL - 2009 (Wonder~ Bahama's), 2010 (Magic~Mediteranean), 2011 (Wonder ~ LA to Vancouver), 2013 (Dream~Bahama's), 2014 (Magic~Mediteranean)
Disneyland Paris - 2x per year

fitnessmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #18
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
If you have different use years, you've got different master contracts. The membership card that your spouse got was for the joint contract.
Nope again, the cards have the membership number on and the original purchase date. She got both a membership card for the new joint account AND the old account she was only listed as an associate. Now I realize it's a somewhat special situation and that her being a member otherwise meant there wasn't much additional benefit to her but it did happen. I bet I still have to cards around if I went and looked for them though it's possible I don't since we no longer own that contract.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #19
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I added my dd as an associate before she headed to WDW on her own. That was when she turned 18, a year or so ago. I wish they allowed associates to have a card...even if it stipulated 'associate' on it. If she lost her AP and needed to get another one, it might have been difficult since she got the DVC discount. If you don't have the blue card with you, you have to jump through hoops to get a new AP!!! Been there, done that.
Dh and I are both listed on the contracts, so that isn't an issue.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #20
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I added my dd as an associate before she headed to WDW on her own. That was when she turned 18, a year or so ago. I wish they allowed associates to have a card...even if it stipulated 'associate' on it. If she lost her AP and needed to get another one, it might have been difficult since she got the DVC discount. If you don't have the blue card with you, you have to jump through hoops to get a new AP!!! Been there, done that.
Dh and I are both listed on the contracts, so that isn't an issue.
If she loses her existing AP she just needs to get a new one printed, she's not buying a new one. I don't know if the membership card would be required at that point as it's already purchased.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: