Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #316
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Oh, good, I wasn't too far behind!

Nice to spend a few hours at MK. I so want to be there in October and see the beautiful fall/Halloween decorations.

What gorgeous pictures of MK and Storybook Circus!

So was the afternoon all about pictures (and nuggets). No rides so far? Really was a kicked back day for you!
Nope, you didn't fall behind at all! Fall is such a wonderful time at the World, the decorations are so cute!

No rides so far, just corndog nuggets. But I promise, that changes in the next chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzasmd View Post
Beautiful update! The rain makes for fantastic photos, and corn dog nuggets too A perfect start to your afternoon MK visit.
It is incredible how much those Magic Kingdom colors pop against a gray sky. It was a wonderful start to an unexpected afternoon at MK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Your engagement photos are adorable! LOVE them!!!

I am all for a relaxing resort day, especially when SAB is involved. Good for you! It's funny, I have been thinking about trying Captain's Grille, so thanks for the mini review and the tip on the omelette/buffet combo.

Stunning pictures of the resort. Just stunning! I'm bookmarking the post so I can come back whenever I need a little mini virtual vacation to my favorite place on the planet.

MK really is beautiful with the fall decorations, isn't it? Glad the rain didn't seem to last too long!
Thank you! Trips to Disney can sometimes feel so frenzied, it felt really good to just stop in place and really enjoy our surroundings (especially when the surroundings are as exquisite as BC and SAB!).

I'm glad Franklin could give you a virtual vacation, I could sure use one after the day at work I had today!

The downpour ended quickly that afternoon, but it continued to sprinkle on and off for the next few hours. It was a soggy afternoon, but it definitely didn't wash out our day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
You're brave, going without the poncho! Glad it cleared up quickly, but I did notice that there are NO photos of you in this update Storybook Circus looks great though.
You noticed that, huh? I looked like a wet dog (that's what I get for putting Franklin's camera equipment above my own appearance ). It took well into the next day for my hoodie to even BEGIN to dry out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Corn dog nuggets are 100% craveable. In fact, I could go for some right now.

Loving all the photos (as usual ) Last trip Storybook Circus was open but not done. There's so much of it that we haven't seen!
So craveable! I'm kind of glad there's nowhere around here that carries anything remotely close. They might be the world's worst food for you, but they are just so tasty!

Storybook Circus is so much fun, the details are just incredible. I can't wait until you get to explore it for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Yikes! Looks like quite the rain! I do like all the decoration pictures with the water droplets. I'm glad it didn't last long though!
Storybook Circus is just gorgeous. I'm glad I got to see a little bit of it when I was there. The new Dumbos are so pretty!
The Dumbos are spectacular, even more so at night. The fountains make such a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Oh my gosh Missy! Lisa was right - your engagement pictures are beautiful and adorable! You look dynamite!!

Love your laid back day - we have become a fan of those as well (as required by Joe). It really recharges you! And what better place to spend it than at Stormalong Bay?

I'm off to your new report now!
Thanks Brook! I remember your two-week trip and that was one of Joe's requirements, right? Down time? It felt great to have no plans. Just relaxation and going wherever the day took us. Amazing.

'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #317
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Enough Relaxation, Let's Ride!

We last left off getting our fabulous first look at Storybook Circus. There were still a couple of hours left before the Halloween party officially started, so we decided it is was time to get our ride on! Franklin and I cut through Fantasyland and headed for a Disney classic... Haunted Mansion!

This next group may be Franklinís best HM pictures ever.

Hey! Give me back my face!

We took a stroll through Frontierland, stopping to take a look back at Haunted Mansion against the stormy sky.

We were headed to my favorite Disney attraction...

10-minute standby wait? Sure, why not?

Isnít it a crime to only ride it once when thereís a 10-minute wait? Letís go again.

With a few rides under our belt, we took some time to stop and smell the roses on our way out of the park. We started in the hub.

Franklin captures his favorite guy... Dumbo!

And then my girl, Minnie.

We enjoyed all the details at the train station.

And as the party grew closer and the sky darkened a bit, the Mickey pumpkins lit up!

Thatís where weíll leave off for now, but coming up is a monorail tour and one heck of a yummy dinner at one of our favorites!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #318
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Wow Franklin! You are a true artist. Those are the best HM pictures I have ever seen.

Thanks for sharing!

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR Ė with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
JanetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #319
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Those HM pictures are simply stunning! Franklin is so talented behind the lens!!

Looking forward to your MNSSHP fun!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #320
DisneyDarlingness
Ooh, ears!

I'm really enjoying this report too, and was so excited to learn about Dine with an Imagineer! I don't think I'd heard of that one before and promptly sent an email to my husband to remind us to book that the next time we go (after our June trip, which is only going to be a weekend - for our tenth anniversary!). I'll friend you on Facebook, if you don't mind! It'll be nice to get a dose of Disney occasionally on my Facebook feed.
DisneyDarlingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #321
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
This next group may be Franklins best HM pictures ever.

I can't argue with that!!!

I love the dining table scene. When we were backstage at HM, we were right near the ghost woman blowing out the candles.

Whenever I look at these pictures, I see details I never noticed before. I don't think I have seen the BTM initials above the sign before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
Wow Franklin! You are a true artist. Those are the best HM pictures I have ever seen.

Thanks for sharing!
What she said!

Such amazing photos!

BTW- I don't get the BC/YC photo thread very often, but I saw the picture of YC on a foggy morning Franklin posted there. There are some very talented photographers who post on that thread, but I think that is my favorite picture I have seen on it. I decided to post my gushing here because I don't normally comment on the other pictures.

Last edited by natebenma; 02-28-2013 at 09:07 PM.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #322
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I love the photos of the Story Book Circus area... Even in person, the color choices that they made and the details were made for photographic love... I love their new character costumes... the Great Goofini and the Pink Minnie... (I believe she's supposed to be a dog/poodle trainer... Fabulous...

My all time Dis favorite... the Haunted Mansion... just love it... a little dark, gothic... but not terrifyingly so... great, great photos...

Awww... BTRR... I really love that as well... maybe because it's just a fun coaster... not too crazy??? I can't wait for the interactive cue...

(hmmm... I think I didn't sub onto your new TR... I have to do that... I got us a lunch with an Imagineer at HBD... they weren't doing dinner at FF...)
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #323
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Agree - I've not seen any better photos from HM

PS - I hope you know the two of you are not officially engaged until it gets reported in the TR (notwithstanding previously posted beautiful engagement photos).
Old 03-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #324
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

WOW!!! Fabulous photos!! They were awesome!! Thank you for sharing.
Between Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, my pick is Blizzard Beach. Seemed there were more slides for us "big kids". But TL does have the shark reef if you are looking for something a little different to do. I'm not a huge fan of icey cold water so not a plus for me. (the only saving grace of being in the really cold water during our Discovery Cove day was the nice and toasty warm lazy river area)
Also, just outside BB is a really neat mini golf area. So when you are pooped out from your water park time, you can go have a casual game of putt putt!
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306

Last edited by Tiggerrn2; 03-01-2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: added favorite water park
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #325
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

Hey! Give me back my face!

ALL the Haunted Mansion pictures are truly amazing, but this one is my favorite! I love your reaction Missy with your hands over your missing mouth!

We are going to be getting a new lens for our DSLR, so I'm hoping I can at least take some sort of picture on a dark ride this coming trip, currently my camera won't even focus.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #326
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Wow, awesome HM pics! I love that ride so much.
Awesome wait time for BTMRR! I'd go twice too!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #327
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

I just found your trip reports today. I am in serious Disney withdrawal - haven't been to the world since Nov 2011. So, my cure until our next trip is reading trip reports!!!! Thank you for sharing such fabulous pictures! I look forward to reading more and more. Our favorite restaurant is the same as you OHANA - we missed going on our last trip and my DH was really upset! It will be the first restuarant that we book when our 180 days opens up. Our next is Teppan Edo which we went to for the first time on our last trip. We also like Tutto Italia and Crystal Palace. We always look forward to trying at least one new restaurant on our visits too.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #328
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post

Thanks for sharing!
I totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Those HM pictures are simply stunning! Franklin is so talented behind the lens!!

Looking forward to your MNSSHP fun!
Thanks Kristy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDarlingness View Post
I'm really enjoying this report too, and was so excited to learn about Dine with an Imagineer! I don't think I'd heard of that one before and promptly sent an email to my husband to remind us to book that the next time we go (after our June trip, which is only going to be a weekend - for our tenth anniversary!). I'll friend you on Facebook, if you don't mind! It'll be nice to get a dose of Disney occasionally on my Facebook feed.
You will LOVE Dine With an Imagineer, it was an unbelievable experience. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. When will your (after June) trip be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I can't argue with that!!!

I love the dining table scene. When we were backstage at HM, we were right near the ghost woman blowing out the candles.

Whenever I look at these pictures, I see details I never noticed before. I don't think I have seen the BTM initials above the sign before.

What she said!

Such amazing photos!

BTW- I don't get the BC/YC photo thread very often, but I saw the picture of YC on a foggy morning Franklin posted there. There are some very talented photographers who post on that thread, but I think that is my favorite picture I have seen on it. I decided to post my gushing here because I don't normally comment on the other pictures.

It's kinda funny, when Franklin first joined the Disboards, he stuck strictly to the photography boards. But now I keep see him popping up on all these new boards. Shhhh, don't tell him but I think he might be as addicted as me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I love the photos of the Story Book Circus area... Even in person, the color choices that they made and the details were made for photographic love... I love their new character costumes... the Great Goofini and the Pink Minnie... (I believe she's supposed to be a dog/poodle trainer... Fabulous...

My all time Dis favorite... the Haunted Mansion... just love it... a little dark, gothic... but not terrifyingly so... great, great photos...

Awww... BTRR... I really love that as well... maybe because it's just a fun coaster... not too crazy??? I can't wait for the interactive cue...

(hmmm... I think I didn't sub onto your new TR... I have to do that... I got us a lunch with an Imagineer at HBD... they weren't doing dinner at FF...)
Storybook Circus is spectacular and the colors against the stormy gray sky was the perfect contrast.

Have you heard my funny BTM story? I've always been a ride scaredy cat when it comes to rides, even when I was little. When my parents took my to WDW when I was four, my Dad told me that Big Thunder Mountain was "just a train ride." It totally wasn't, but I ended up loving the ride and it was the only "coaster" I would ride for decades (but it has always remained my favorite Disney ride, to this day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzasmd View Post
Agree - I've not seen any better photos from HM

PS - I hope you know the two of you are not officially engaged until it gets reported in the TR (notwithstanding previously posted beautiful engagement photos).
I know, I know. I'm taking FOR-EV-ER. But I just finished three chapters today, so we're getting closer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
WOW!!! Fabulous photos!! They were awesome!! Thank you for sharing.
Between Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, my pick is Blizzard Beach. Seemed there were more slides for us "big kids". But TL does have the shark reef if you are looking for something a little different to do. I'm not a huge fan of icey cold water so not a plus for me. (the only saving grace of being in the really cold water during our Discovery Cove day was the nice and toasty warm lazy river area)
Also, just outside BB is a really neat mini golf area. So when you are pooped out from your water park time, you can go have a casual game of putt putt!
Thanks for the tips, we need to try the water parks while we have these nifty premium annual passes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
ALL the Haunted Mansion pictures are truly amazing, but this one is my favorite! I love your reaction Missy with your hands over your missing mouth!

We are going to be getting a new lens for our DSLR, so I'm hoping I can at least take some sort of picture on a dark ride this coming trip, currently my camera won't even focus.
I love that new ending at HM, it's so much fun! I need to figure out what else to do in those photos on the next couple of trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Wow, awesome HM pics! I love that ride so much.
Awesome wait time for BTMRR! I'd go twice too!
I ALWAYS want to go twice on BTM. Actually, I'd be perfectly happy to never get off that ride ever again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
I just found your trip reports today. I am in serious Disney withdrawal - haven't been to the world since Nov 2011. So, my cure until our next trip is reading trip reports!!!! Thank you for sharing such fabulous pictures! I look forward to reading more and more. Our favorite restaurant is the same as you OHANA - we missed going on our last trip and my DH was really upset! It will be the first restuarant that we book when our 180 days opens up. Our next is Teppan Edo which we went to for the first time on our last trip. We also like Tutto Italia and Crystal Palace. We always look forward to trying at least one new restaurant on our visits too.
Yay! Thanks for joining. I saw you over on the DVC threads. I lost track of your thread, did your offer get accepted?

Old 03-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #329
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

A Monorail Kind of Evening -- Part 1

We last left off with the Halloween party people streaming into Magic Kingdom, which meant it was time for us to head out. We headed for the resort monorail.

And we waved goodbye to MK, have fun at the party everyone!

Our first stop on our monorail resort tour was Grand Floridian.

I think this resort is absolutely gorgeous, but Iíve never felt a pull to stay there. It just isnít our vibe. But it is always a must-visit place during our trips.

While I shopped at Basin and Mouse Mercantile, Franklin did what Franklin does, take gorgeous pictures!

We grabbed a seat on a comfy sofa and listened to the wonderful Disney music in the lobby!

And thatís where we stayed for a while. I browsed the Disboards while my hoodie continued to dry out from that afternoonís showers. And Franklin was carefully studying a YouTube video of Hallowishes. He had something up his sleeve for when he shot the fireworks that evening.

Once we had soaked up enough atmosphere, we hopped back on the monorail and rode it around to the Polyneisian, it was time for fireworks and dinner!

Since Iíd built in extra time to our schedule for monorail delays/breakdowns/adventures, we had some time to kill before Hallowishes would begin. So we did what any adult would do at the Poly, we headed straight for the Tambu Lounge!

Franklin was happy to order his beloved Lapu Lapu, I was boring and ordered a Diet Coke.

We hung out, talked to the bartender and watched some playoff baseball until it was time to head down to the beach.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #330
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

A Monorail Kind of Evening -- Part 2

Shooting fireworks from the Poly beach has always been a challenge for Franklin, heís kind of a photography perfectionist. But he, shock of all shocks, said he was actually happy with the way these photos turned out.

With the eveningís entertainment over, it was time for the main event... dinner! And not just any dinner, but one of our favorite meals in The World.

Does anyone else think it would be better to start the meal with the bread pudding just once? It would be awesome to eat enough to actually get your fill instead of taking a bite or two at the end of the ridiculously filling meal.

We started with the usual suspects. Pineapple and coconut bread.

Salad with that yummy honey lime dressing (if only I knew this would be the last time Iíd have that dressing, I totally would have eaten more of it).

Wings-n-potstickers.

Noodles and broccoli.

And the meats. Pork.

Steak.

Chicken.

And shrimp.

And then came the most important part of the meal, that bread pudding.

Seriously, I have dreams about that dessert. We finished up dinner in a mostly-empty restaurant and Franklin couldnít help but snap a few photos of his favorite tiki god on the way out.

We made our way back to Beach Club and headed straight for bed, we had a big move in the morning. Itís almost time for Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: