DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 05:53 AM   #16
kangaroodle
DVC Member

There is a 1 BR available at the Beach Club for one of the nights of my wait list (Monday). NEED ADVICE!

Should I book this room and stay waitlisted at Saratoga? If waitlist comes through, it will auto switch it if I indicate that on my waitlist, correct? It's only 5 points more so if I lose that it's not that big of a deal.

Another question, if I indicate on waitlist to replace existing reservation, will it only replace this ONE day or will it replace the other 3 days I have booked?

Just visited March 25-29th.....CRAZY week!

Mark Kathy Kelly Jeff Boomer
kangaroodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #17
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroodle View Post
There is a 1 BR available at the Beach Club for one of the nights of my wait list (Monday). NEED ADVICE!

Should I book this room and stay waitlisted at Saratoga? If waitlist comes through, it will auto switch it if I indicate that on my waitlist, correct? It's only 5 points more so if I lose that it's not that big of a deal.

Another question, if I indicate on waitlist to replace existing reservation, will it only replace this ONE day or will it replace the other 3 days I have booked?

Personally I would NOT book that unless you change the Sunday to BC too...then you have two nights at Beach club and the remainder at SSR. Do you really want to move twice? I bet your SSR night comes available. As you get closer people are going to cancel days closer to that 31 day window plus there are probably others that are booked at SSR but wait listed at other resorts...so when those comes available...SSR will open up. I would rather book a discounted DVC rate for that Monday night as back up than move twice. That is just my opinion.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #18
kangaroodle
DVC Member

GREAT NEWS!!!! My waitlist for Monday came through today!!!!

Still waiting on the Thursday to come through. Come on, baby! This is awesome since I just waitlisted yesterday!!!!

Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #19
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:

Still waiting on the Thursday to come through. Come on, baby! This is awesome since I just waitlisted yesterday!!!!
WooHoo! Come on, Thursday!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #20
TinkGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroodle
I decided to book a last minute trip to WDW the last week of March...busiest week of the year, I know. I looked on the DVC website for availability on Friday and it was open but I took too long to book it and it was gone. So I waitlisted the 5 days at 2 different resorts.

This morning I looked and 3 days opened up at Saratoga Springs--- Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday. This was the most availability I had seen all weekend.....so I booked it! I waffled back and forth and was late for work! I hope I don't regret it. I know if I cancel, the points go into holding and I will pretty much lose them (my use year is June). I waitlisted the other 2 days individually and will keep checking the website.

AM I CRAZY for doing it this way? I just really want to get away especially with 3-7" of snow forecast for later today.

I need some PIXIE DUST! (I've already wished on a star...the song says my wish will come true.....)
You are NOT crazy! We decided Dec. 27 to take a big detour to WDW when we were taking our son back to college the next week, starting Jan. 2. ( University ofmAlabama from North Texas) We used Marriott points to get 4 nights at the Springhill Suites near dd. We checked DVC for fun. All booked up. in the next few days we checked online a lot. Got 2nights not,consecutive atVWL. Took it. Kept checking and calling. Saw the 2 nights we needed online and almost choked. Husband panicked and dropped phone (funny because he is always calm). We ended up with all nights DVC and a great getaway. Even got to eat in belle's castle, LE CELLIER, 50's prime time, and whispering canyon. Teens thought the trip,was awesome. It was! Wishing you pixie dust!

POR, DVC since 2005 (SSR, BWV, AKL, BCV, VWL, OKW, HH, BLT), Disney Dream, HR Universal, Gaylord Palms, 2015 Princess 10K
TinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:05 AM   #21
kmkja1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Congrats and good luck on the other day.
kmkja1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #22
kangaroodle
DVC Member

I'm at work today and decided to peek at the DVC site. I looked this morning and it was still the same---still waitlisted for Thursday. I peeked again a few minutes ago AND..... THE WAITLIST FOR THURSDAY CAME THROUGH!!!!!

In my heart I knew it would, but my head was getting nervous! If you remember I took a chance and booked Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday and waitlisted Monday and Thursday. So glad I took a gamble! We now have 5 consecutive days at SSR. Thanks for everyone's pixie dust. Just a few weeks and we'll be "Home"......aah....makes getting through the work day so much easier!

Old 03-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #23
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:

I'm at work today and decided to peek at the DVC site. I looked this morning and it was still the same---still waitlisted for Thursday. I peeked again a few minutes ago AND..... THE WAITLIST FOR THURSDAY CAME THROUGH!!!!!

In my heart I knew it would, but my head was getting nervous! If you remember I took a chance and booked Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday and waitlisted Monday and Thursday. So glad I took a gamble! We now have 5 consecutive days at SSR. Thanks for everyone's pixie dust. Just a few weeks and we'll be "Home"......aah....makes getting through the work day so much easier!
Well isn't that just the best news! So happy for you! I am such a sucker for a happy ending. Have a blast on your trip. It was obviously meant to be.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #24
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
I decided to book a last minute trip to WDW the last week of March...busiest week of the year, I know. I looked on the DVC website for availability on Friday and it was open but I took too long to book it and it was gone. So I waitlisted the 5 days at 2 different resorts.

This morning I looked and 3 days opened up at Saratoga Springs--- Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday. This was the most availability I had seen all weekend.....so I booked it! I waffled back and forth and was late for work! I hope I don't regret it. I know if I cancel, the points go into holding and I will pretty much lose them (my use year is June). I waitlisted the other 2 days individually and will keep checking the website.

AM I CRAZY for doing it this way? I just really want to get away especially with 3-7" of snow forecast for later today.

I need some PIXIE DUST! (I've already wished on a star...the song says my wish will come true.....)
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”

I hope your scheme works out brilliantly! More Luck to You!!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #25
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yay!!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!!! See ya there!!! LOL

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #26
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Wow! That's great!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: