|02-27-2013, 05:24 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2010
Sept 1,2013 Dream Fish Extender
THIS GROUP IS CLOSE!!!!!!!Welcome to the Fish Extender Exchange Group for the September 1st 2013 Disney Dream Cruise! If you'd like to join, please post here that you'd like to join. Then for privacy, please E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
-- DISboard username
-- Cabin # (if you know it already)
-- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies, etc
-- An email address for your family
If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.
For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each other’s extenders.
Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!
Our group will close Monday June 1st. This allows people time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts. Thank you!!
Guidelines for our fish extender:
1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person within that cabin, just the kids, or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.
2. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruises leaving port on Sunday, September 1st until 4 PM on Wed., September 4th. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags before we leave the ship the morning of Sept. 5th.
3. Please include a tag with your DISboard’s user name on the gift. This way everyone knows who the gift is from.
Here is a list of IDEAS of what you might want to bring for the FE on the cruise...to add to your packing list if you'd like:
1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing -- total number will be announced after our July 1st sign up deadline.
2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them on eBay by searching "Fish Extenders" or you can make one or search on line other places.
3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Some people have commented theirs have sadly walked away...but if you attach it with a zip tie...then it is not as likely to walk away.
4. Scissors to cut the zip tie when you're packing...LOL! Don't want to leave it for someone else.
5. On the forum, some people recommend bringing thank you notes so you can write a quick note to the person who gave you a gift.
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. My name is Rose. I may not know the answer , but I’ll try my best to give you an answer!!!!
Last edited by esorddor2004; 05-25-2013 at 07:50 AM.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|