Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
valpss
Earning My Ears

water bottles

Does anyone have any experience with the Disney Store aluminum water bottles w/ neoprene? I noticed they have them on sale right now & was thinking getting them for our trip.

I'm wanting something that will help keep the water cold/cool and keep it from sweating and getting other things in our bag wet.

I saw some disney water bottle carrying strap/bag that was also insulated on etsy. It would carry a standard water bottle. Any thoughts on something like that?

We took cheap dollar store cups that had straps last year & it was a pain/waste. Because there was no insulation the cups sweated like crazy and the water was hot!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
Beach Mouse
Earning My Ears

We have bought several aluminum water bottles for the kids both from Disney Store and others. Eventually they all seem to warp on bottom. Granted my kids are rough but I have also questioned if the warping is due to temperature change. The paint would chip and if warped enough, they would not sit flat. We went back to plastic sport bottles.
Beach Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

I have used Sigg brand bottles for years with no problems.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
figment3258
DIS Veteran

If you want a great water bottle buy a hydroflask they are awesome! They are pricy but you will neve renewed another bottle in your life. They keep drink cold for 24 hrs and warm for 12 and they work I bought one in hope if keeping milk inin it for our daughter at Disney. It was cold all day long and they do not sweat! Highly recommended
Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
firsttimer2007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace View Post
I have used Sigg brand bottles for years with no problems.
Love the sigg water bottles. They keep everything hot/cold for at least 24 hrs. Mine have never had any moisture on the outside. They can be purchased online or at target in the fitness section for about $25.00. The only thing I suggest is try it out before you go. The first time I used my sigg, I filled it with ice and then tap water. I drank all the water and then just had a bunch of ice that took FOREVER to melt. This was a great thing but now I do not use so much ice.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer

I use a Brita water bottle, and it is awesome! I carry it empty, then fill it at the water fountains. Water is cold, and the filter takes the sulfur taste out. Plus, you don't have to carry a heavy water bottle around. It weighs almost nothing with no water in it. Just my two cents
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

I was also going to suggest a Hydroflask. Well worth the money.

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: