Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
MemoriesintheMaking
Mouseketeer

JetBlue package sale - kids fly free from PDX, SEA, California, etc.

Woohoo!! I was doing my daily airfare check this morning, and found Jetblue is having a package sale. With airfare and hotel packages to DL, one child can fly free for each adult. I think it needs to be booked by 3/4, with travel by May something... ?? And the departing airports were SEA, PDX, and a few California cities, as well.

I booked just now and saved quite a bit!! I reserved the same level of room that we had previous DLH reservations for, and the whole package was a really great deal. I've always booked things separately myself, so this is our first time purchasing the airfare and hotel together as a package. But our dates are firm now, so I'm comfortable with it.

Question for those of you who have booked packages - Do you recommend one of the "cancel for any reason" travel insurance packages? I'm thinking about that option...hmmm.

Anyway, if you are flying sometime soon from any of the above cities, check it out! I'm sorry I don't remember the exact details/restrictions, but it's worth a look!

Hope this helps someone!

Sept 2007: DLH --- Oct 2008: Hojo's --- Aug 2011: DLH --- May 2013: DLH

Last edited by MemoriesintheMaking; 02-28-2013 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Better detail in my title
MemoriesintheMaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
speedyreb
Earning My Ears

I was just checking the Jetblue website, never heard of this airline because we are Canadian but we are flying out of Seattle this time and it's much cheaper, has anyone flown from Seattle to LGB (is that Long Beach?) with Jetblue before? How close is LCB to DLR and what about transportation back and forth? Thanx
speedyreb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #3
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyreb View Post
I was just checking the Jetblue website, never heard of this airline because we are Canadian but we are flying out of Seattle this time and it's much cheaper, has anyone flown from Seattle to LGB (is that Long Beach?) with Jetblue before? How close is LCB to DLR and what about transportation back and forth? Thanx
We flew Portland OR to Long Beach on Jet blue a few years ago. It was great. Long beach is actually really close to Disneyland resort. Easier than LAX. We just rented a car but I believe you can get a limo too. The drive was super quick and easy. Good luck!

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
samsonpete
Earning My Ears

We love JetBlue! Definitely my favorite (and cheapest) airline to fly on! Bags are still free, they give you tons of free snacks (and lots of varieties), and free tv . Long beach is a nice quiet airport too. We do private car service (I believe through super shuttle) which means we get direct service from the airport to the hotel.
samsonpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
splash5
DIS Veteran

Cool

I happened to be on the Jet Blue site today and noticed that airfare had dropped from $210 RT to $178. I snatched tickets for our trip May 31-June 6th. Woo hoo! We also got a great deal on points from one of my friends who owns a Disney Vacation club membership - total cost for Disneyland Hotel for 6 days - total $400. So excited - now maybe the park admission will go on sale.
splash5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
speedyreb
Earning My Ears

Flights booked for spring break on JetBlue! Pretty good deal from Seattle, worth driving down from the interior of BC! Now to fight the crowds...
speedyreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #7
SeaDis
Earning My Ears

A quick bump because this deal expires tonight 3/04. Hopefully the fine print works for others as well.

We priced out from Seattle, staying at PPH (first time). Even with AP hotel discount, the JetBlue deal was about $550 cheaper than booking flight/PPH separately. We were going to stay offsite for this quick trip, but this closed the gap enough to make it worth staying onsite with Early Entry.

Thanks for posting! I need to subscribe to their fare alerts.

*Their regular fares dropped today as well, for some May dates. I saw $157.8 with tax, round trip, and first bag free.

Edit: Use promo code "thankyou" for $50 off the package. Worked great. I don't think it applies to flights only.

Last edited by SeaDis; 03-04-2013 at 11:10 PM.
SeaDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #8
MemoriesintheMaking
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by splash5 View Post
I happened to be on the Jet Blue site today and noticed that airfare had dropped from $210 RT to $178. I snatched tickets for our trip May 31-June 6th. Woo hoo! We also got a great deal on points from one of my friends who owns a Disney Vacation club membership - total cost for Disneyland Hotel for 6 days - total $400. So excited - now maybe the park admission will go on sale.
Have fun! I will be on the lookout with you for ticket deals! That would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyreb View Post
Flights booked for spring break on JetBlue! Pretty good deal from Seattle, worth driving down from the interior of BC! Now to fight the crowds...
We really love JetBlue. They have great deals, comfy seats, free checked bags, and TV's. Also, in reference to the earlier post, if you don't want to book a private car, I was going to mention that there are always plenty of taxis ready and waiting right outside the terminal. The flat rate from LGB to the Disneyland area is $45, if I remember correctly. They have regular taxis and the larger taxi vans, as well. Have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDis View Post
A quick bump because this deal expires tonight 3/04. Hopefully the fine print works for others as well.

We priced out from Seattle, staying at PPH (first time). Even with AP hotel discount, the JetBlue deal was about $550 cheaper than booking flight/PPH separately. We were going to stay offsite for this quick trip, but this closed the gap enough to make it worth staying onsite with Early Entry.

Thanks for posting! I need to subscribe to their fare alerts.

*Their regular fares dropped today as well, for some May dates. I saw $157.8 with tax, round trip, and first bag free.

Edit: Use promo code "thankyou" for $50 off the package. Worked great. I don't think it applies to flights only.
Thanks for the bump to the thread. It really is a great deal, isn't it? We saved about the same amount of $, and I really was happily surprised! I've also called JetBlue Getaways twice now with a question and a minor change, and they have been incredibly friendly and helpful both times. I love JetBlue.

I hope you have a wonderful time!!

Sept 2007: DLH --- Oct 2008: Hojo's --- Aug 2011: DLH --- May 2013: DLH

MemoriesintheMaking is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: