Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #931
schoen
DIS Veteran

Another faithful lurker here. I am so sorry that folks bothered you to the point that you felt the need to address them.

You are an impressive young lady. I am in awe of your positive and happy outlook on life, please please please NEVER lose that. I am also insanely impressed with your energy!

There will always be folks in life that want to bring you down, but that is because you posses talents/attributes that they long for themselves.

You keep doing what you are doing, and enjoy this time in your life. You are learning important life lessons/skills, and having a great time doing it. Youth is a gift that is fleeting, but I can see that you are enjoying every moment of it! This "diary" will be amazing for you to look back on one day :-)
schoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #932
Disneylove1228
Mouseketeer

AHHH Jess I love your posts. I follow you on instagram and "heart" basically everything lol... I'm a little older than you, and for the life of me, can't figure out why anyone would say anything negative about what you do, eat, say, like, don't like, wear, don't wear, do cart wheels, weave, bake, lick or take pics of. I think that people are jealous, much like other people say!! it's true. they all want the life you have I know b/c i'm in my 20's and i've lived through all of it, and people can't help themselves. Eat your heart out!! Take those pics, go to the parks and ENJOY this little piece of life!! It's gonna go by FAST and you'll be mad at yourself if you let others sway what you do. In the meantime, you have like, thousands of people who love you and your posts!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #933
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

What's that saying? " Be who you are and say what you feel, those that matter won't mind and those that mind, don't matter..

I totally believe this quote!! You are living the life some of us "young mothers" wished we would have gotten to do. I would never ever trade my children for anything but I do sometimes think about what it would have ben like to do something like this and live carefree. You just keep being the princess that we know you are and pay no mind to "hatas" Put your hater blockers on and enjoy every moment!

P.S. Totally love your bulletin board too and love escaping reality to read your TR'S!
Second Star to the Right And Straight On till Morning
April 2006- Offsite DH ( was BF) first time
December 2005- Offsite ( Engaged at Magic Kingdom)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-Disney All Star Sports ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012-1 night at Port Orleans FQ
September 2012- 1 night at Art of Animation
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort

Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #934
JoAnnPan
DIS Veteran

I am a little more than twice your age and LOVE LOVE reading your updates, etc. I just returned from a week long trip on 2/24 and was honestly hoping to see you at one of the parks, lol - my 14 year old niece would have been like "who is that??"

Thank you for sharing your magical experience with us - with the work, classes, etc. i am grateful you take the time to write your updates!

JoAnnPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #935
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Not posting often but wanted you to know that I keep reading along and have gone back to read your older TRs. Thank you for sharing your adventures! Had I been given the opportunity to live and work in Disney when I was your age, I would have run with it as far as it would have taken me. I didn't know about the CP then (or maybe I'm so old it didn't exist ). Now is your chance to do all the things you dream of. Don't ever let anyone else's comments keep you from living your life/dreams. You have no responsiblities or worries to hold you back. Have fun! Enjoy your time there! Time passes by so quickly. Take in every moment and have no regrets.
And thank you again. Really enjoying hearing all about your experiences.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #936
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Oh yummy pictures from Kona, I could happily live on the bread alone

Keep up the great updates, they make me smile every day
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #937
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say thank you so much for sharing your CP journey with all of us! 2013 is my first year away from WDW in awhile and your trip report is really helping me with my withdrawals.

As a soon to be mom, I would be elated if my child made the same choices that you're making during your college years. You seem to have such a good head on your shoulders. I already told my DH that I want to encourage our son to look into the DCP when he's of age.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #938
dragonflydoll2
Earning My Ears

Jess, I just wanted to say thank you for your trip report. It is very snowy in our area this week and I happened upon your report. My daughter, a freshman in high school, can't wait to go to college so she can work at Disney! Reading your report today not only helped with the winter blahs, but also gives me a glimpse into how her DCP days may go. Thanks again!
May 2009 - Polynesian
May 2010 - Disneyland Sheraton Anaheim
March 2011 Shades of Green/Spring Break
November 2011 Shades of Green/DD Bday trip!

DH Me DD

dragonflydoll2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #939
GAGirl13
Earning My Ears

Hi Jess!! I am so sorry that some people are so rude and insensitive!! I love the fact that you get to go eat at all of these wonderful restaurants around Disney!! It is great to see all of your pictures so I know where to go next time I am there!

I started following you after finding your Hilton Head TR and just fell in love with you!! My niece did the CP last year at this time and she literally went into the MK to watch Wishes every night she was there!!! She was lucky enough to work at AK at Safari so she would get off early! She still is considered seasonal and was there over Christmas to work so she stays current with her seasonal status!! She too did everything Disney when she was there!! That is what you are supposed to do!! I think that will make you a better employee!! You meet new people and learn new things about Disney every day you are there!!

For sharing your adventures with us!! I especially loved seeing your mom and nana! They are so sweet and your parents have done a great job raising such a sweet and mature young woman!!

Keep living the dream!!

GAGirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #940
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Jess, you are amazing. We all love and appreciate the fact you chose to share your DCP experience with us....thank you for the time and effort you put into your reports, they are such a pleasure to read and I look forward to your updates each day!
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #941
sue_88
DIS veteran

I really like the Pizza planet cup!

And "Yay!" for having a grandfather at Disney Studios. That is very sweet. And he gives Toy Story Mania fastpasses. That is just about the best gift ever in my opinion.

Well, I'm real sad that you had to be hurt by some thoughtless comments. I also would be bothered by that sort of thing. Thank you, Jess, for explaining it all so well and also for realising that most of your readers love every word you write.
As far as I know you act like just about every nice college student. When I was your age we had a ton of energy and we worked, went to school, played together and ate constantly. We were always running off somewhere and it was a blast. And you are getting to do all that at Disney World!! I would be trying to fit fun into every second possible.

Thank you again for writing, posting pics, and letting us follow your fabulous life.
Hugs and Disney love!

My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
sue_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #942
wurtie
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to say "thank you" for writing this. I have loved every minute of reading it. My 15 yr. old DD's dream is to do the DCP and eventually become an industrial engineer for Disney. She is addicted to your TR. We will be there in July for a trip to celebrate her "Sweet 16" and she is convinced that she's going to see you while she's there. You have become somewhat of a celebrity in her eyes. LOL

Sorry people have said mean things to you. Keep doing what you're doing. We're loving it!!!
wurtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #943
tanyabanana
Mouseketeer

You are amazing!! Those villains saying bad things about you are showing THEIR issues, not convincing anyone that you are doing anything wrong! Ive just recently started reading the report, and I have to say Thank You for all the posts so i can be reminded of that special Disney magic.

tanyabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #944
threedisprincesses
Mouseketeer

I'm so happy that you are living your dream! And it's only just beginning.....
Keep enjoying yourself, Jess!

Thanks for sharing a piece of it with all of us.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #945
bambi0921
Livin' La Vida Disney

Jess, I don't normally comment but had to pop in to say that while I don't know you personally, I have followed along with (and loved) all of your trip reports and you truly seem like an incredible person. It's abundantly clear that you are doing a marvelous job in your CP role so far and I for one am thrilled that you also get to experience the magic of Disney on a regular basis because it means we all get to live vicariously through your wonderful reports! I'm impressed by how maturely you responded to the negativity that is unfortunately coming your way from stupid, jealous people. I know it's hard to deal with that nonsense but just know that you have tons and tons and tons of fans who recognize how special you are and appreciate that you are sharing your journey with us. You deserve to have all your dreams come true.
bambi0921 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: