Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #916
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayGirl22 View Post
I'm watching too and REALLY hoping OP updates the thread title instead of just bumping so I can stop checking until May opens.

Asked a competent-sounding CM since I was on the phone with them anyway and she had no clue. Silliest process ever.
The CMs know about as much about it as we do I think. During the time I've been following this thread, I've seen so many different things posted that people were told by CMs regarding the party. Not a single one was accurate. Every time I see someone say "I called and a CM told me..." It makes me ill. The CMs need to just admit they don't know instead of making stuff up. You really did have a competent CM, she told you the truth, she has no clue.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #917
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeridasMom View Post
I am subscribed to this thread, waiting for April to open. Everytime someone bumps this thread, I get an e-mail that says I won't get any more notifications until I visit the forum again. So, I've been logging off and on all day. Will posting to this thread keep me on the notification list?

Also, will reservations open only at 6 a.m. (online), or could the dessert party be added at any time during the day? I'm also driving myself nuts checking the reservation system.
Just visiting the thread will renew your notifications.

The party can open at any time during the day. 11am and 3pm seem to be pretty popular times for it to go active historically. Well, more like 10:30am to 11:30am, and 2:30pm to 3:30pm. 11am and 3pm seem to be a central revolving point. 9am and 5pm seem to be popular central revolving point also.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #918
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69 View Post
The CMs know about as much about it as we do I think. During the time I've been following this thread, I've seen so many different things posted that people were told by CMs regarding the party. Not a single one was accurate. Every time I see someone say "I called and a CM told me..." It makes me ill. The CMs need to just admit they don't know instead of making stuff up. You really did have a competent CM, she told you the truth, she has no clue.
I totally agree! I was connected to her directly from the GF conference booking line, so perhaps she was a higher tier. She also giggled when I asked for a BOG ADR in May (gotta ask, right?).

I just don't get this Wishes dessert process. At DL the F! dessert seating is essentially the same thing. But it opens x# days out, you call up, reserve, pay, done. Check in that night. WDW is so much more advanced with online ADRs and everything, I don't understand the mystery around this event.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #919
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally agree! I was connected to her directly from the GF conference booking line, so perhaps she was a higher tier. She also giggled when I asked for a BOG ADR in May (gotta ask, right?).

I just don't get this Wishes dessert process. At DL the F! dessert seating is essentially the same thing. But it opens x# days out, you call up, reserve, pay, done. Check in that night. WDW is so much more advanced with online ADRs and everything, I don't understand the mystery around this event.
It's part of Disney's secret plot to drive the world into madness, one dessert party at a time!

Old 02-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #920
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just visiting the thread will renew your notifications.

The party can open at any time during the day. 11am and 3pm seem to be pretty popular times for it to go active historically. Well, more like 10:30am to 11:30am, and 2:30pm to 3:30pm. 11am and 3pm seem to be a central revolving point. 9am and 5pm seem to be popular central revolving point also.
Follow up question: Does it really sell out that fast? I would think since the average person has no clue about this process us DIS'ers at least have some advantage by being aware its open, even if we don't jump on within the first few minutes.

(I'm looking for a Friday in May with a mid-level crowd rating)
Old 02-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #921
Aimster08
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayGirl22

Follow up question: Does it really sell out that fast? I would think since the average person has no clue about this process us DIS'ers at least have some advantage by being aware its open, even if we don't jump on within the first few minutes.

We are waiting for May 17th
Old 02-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #922
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimster08 View Post
We are waiting for May 17th
Me too. Hopefully we'll see you there!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #923
Aimster08
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Me too. Hopefully we'll see you there!
Yay!!! Can't wait til it opens so we can book good luck!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #924
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Ok... I wonder if Mickey saw his shadow!

If so, will the reservations open up in:

6 Seconds?
6 Minutes?
6 Hours?
6 Days?
6 Weeks?

Was just thinking and wondering who the CM that makes the decision to "flip on the switch" to open up the reservations.

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Old 02-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #925
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Hunclemarco That was good!

I was on the phone with the AP department just now adding a day to our reservations and she said it is so messed up its not funny! (She really got to chatting with me when she found out I was from Michigan and so was she) She said they were told it would be fixed anywhere from tomorrow until next week. They are working on adding all the dates now. I said Disney is amazing at most things but their reservation system needs help and as she was laughing she said isn't that the truth. She said every time she turns around they have to learn a new system.

On the bright side I got my kids into Pirates League for April 5 I originally had Easter Sunday booked but we decided not to go to the parks so I cancelled and haven't been able to get one until today
Old 02-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #926
Abbyj
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I am waiting on April too! I think I check this thread 20 times a day!

And don't give up on BOG. I randomly checked today and found a 6:30 for five on our last night (May 2)! I had been checking at least once a day for the last month or so.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #927
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It does book pretty quickly, but because of being updated so well, DISers have no problem getting their ressies. You have a pretty good little window to get your reservation in. I think as long as you follow this thread and get in within 24 hours of it opening, you are pretty guaranteed to get your day. I think DISers are the reason it books so fast!

Old 02-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #928
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbyj View Post
I am waiting on April too! I think I check this thread 20 times a day!

And don't give up on BOG. I randomly checked today and found a 6:30 for five on our last night (May 2)! I had been checking at least once a day for the last month or so.
Only 20 times? Slacker!

Congrats on the BOG score! BOG is the new "most coveted" ADR.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #929
TheShea's
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It does book pretty quickly, but because of being updated so well, DISers have no problem getting their ressies. You have a pretty good little window to get your reservation in. I think as long as you follow this thread and get in within 24 hours of it opening, you are pretty guaranteed to get your day. I think DISers are the reason it books so fast!
Any restrictions with making 2 reservations for Dessert Party? We've got a 10 day trip and I could see doing this more than once.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #930
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShea's View Post
Any restrictions with making 2 reservations for Dessert Party? We've got a 10 day trip and I could see doing this more than once.
I can't see why there would be. Disney likes your money.

Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: