Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #1246
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

So... I saw this and I totally thought of Smidgy! I remember her saying if she ever heard that Katy Perry Firework song again she'd scream...
OMG... If you don't laugh at this... I can't help you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMfNJ37TxlY

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Self_resqing_princz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #1247
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
. My DH tells the story of how his little impressionable 10yo self was horribly damaged by the sight of his father, running across the hot sand - in that jumpy knees up way - with the matching hat/shorts SML set.

Imagine Nebo in the same get up and you'll have a close approximation of the horror my DH survived.

ok. I imagined it. GAH!!! why are you trying to help ponzie ruin my sex life?
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #1248
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
So... I saw this and I totally thought of Smidgy! I remember her saying if she ever heard that Katy Perry Firework song again she'd scream...
OMG... If you don't laugh at this... I can't help you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMfNJ37TxlY

that has to beone of the funniest videos I have ever seen!!! thanks!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #1249
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Let's see now,, it's tuesday,,,
Yes it is. Tuesday February 26th, to be precise.

Quote:
our last full day at The Royal Pacific, and we are beginnning it by the pool.
Oh, yeah. That's right, you were going to have a few drinks and regain consciousness... wake up by the pool.

Quote:
Diane joined me down there only a half hour later,
Ah, so it was just you that passed out by the pool.

check.

Quote:
and we just sat mostly in silence, reading or just looking around.
Yup. Nobody likes loud noise when they're hung over.

Quote:
Then we were back up there, changing and having what is probably a "too early Cocktail Hour,
And what's the best remedy for a hangover? A little hair of the dog?

Quote:
' but , oh well, as they often say,, Schlitz Happens.
No Schlitz up here. I think. I've heard of it... never seen a commercial for it that I can recall.

Quote:
And apparently, another short video.
I liked that vid. I thought it was cool that you could see not only parts of US but your old hotel too.

Quote:
We then passed through the pool again to get to the boat launch;
Gee that's too bad that you had to get all wet before you even got to the park.

Quote:
Yes,, if you haven't noticed before,, I'm big on pool pictures,, always have been,,, pool pics just say "vacation" to me, make me happy.
I hear ya.

Quote:
On a side note, there is one thing that all 3 hotels on property have in common that I DO NOT LIKE.

And that is really confusing layouts.
I guess that goes with the territory. Large amounts of tourists means huge hotels. And to attract those large amounts of tourists you have to have visually appealing properties... which results in confusing layouts.

Quote:
And they have now implemented new "pool Gates" that , believe me,, the operation of is not intuitive.

You are never sure if they are under hotel lockdown at certain times of the day,, or if you need your room card to open it,, and if so,,, Rotsa Ruck figureing out how the latch/handle/knob/catch/lockout, works.
Just one more reason why you should be bringing your grandkids... so they can operate the pool gates.

Quote:
I saw a family of 5 give up and climb over it, Commando style. Granny looked really funny climbing over.
Which makes you wonder why bother having it in the first place.

Quote:
And no, this guy in the background is just there for show, I know, I swam out to it but couldn't get it started, but what an entrance i could have made landing it on the Jurassic River Adventure!

And of course,,, like everything else Disney or Universal,, there is a whole story behind this biplane and how it got here that you can read about in the lobby.
I did some googling and couldn't find out much about that albatross. But I did find out that Jimmy Buffet also had one and it's on display in Orlando. Apparently he and Bono (of U2 fame) were taking off from Jamaica when they were shot at by the local police who mistook them for drug runners.

Quote:
Oh look, Dino Drool on my head!
So you decided to check on the Santa Fe after all?

Quote:
Ok, next vid is a bit from the River Adventure ride.

I like this ride a lot,, I'm still a big kid when it comes to Dinosaurs and when I come across Jurassic Park on tv I end up leaving the channel there, no matter how many times I've seen it.
Yeah, you and I'd get along just fine. I have no idea how many times I've seen bits and pieces of that show just because I've stumbled across it while channel surfing.

That ride looks pretty good. It reminded me of Jungle Cruise too... but a whole lot better.

Quote:
And there is a spitting dino who gets me in the face almost every stinkin time! No kidding,, doesn't matter which side I sit in,,, he gets me.
Wait,,, it couldn't be Smidgy getting me , could it?

Quote:
Hmm,, I'm the one that sounds like an idiot in the video.
But you knew that anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.
It's nice when someone does your job for you.

Quote:
We didn't ,,, ok,,, I didn't ride it this time,,, DR. Doom's Fearfall ,,, or Dr. Fearfalls Doom ride,,, but I have many times in the past.
You didn't... but Smidgy did?

Quote:
What it is is a tower that takes you up and then drops you. Sometimes it Shoots you up, and drops you slowly,, other times it's the other way around.
I've ridden a similar ride at Marineland near Niagara Falls. They increased the height by putting it at the top of a hill. It's billed as the world's tallest triple tower ride... no idea where it ranks against single or double rides. Anyway, I was really nervous to ride this thing but when Kay and I reached the top (shot up, not slow) the view was really something else. I started pointing out things to Kay, "Look there's the killer whales, there's Niagara Falls..." It suddenly occurred to me that we still had to go down. Just then the bottom dropped out...

Quote:
Nobody does scenery, and asthetics like Disney does, But without a doubt,, the Rat Barges blow them away!

Kali is WAY too short,,, and really not fun enough to warrant getting that soaked.
Huh. I wasn't expecting that. Do you think Disney got a bit complacent there?

Quote:
There was still a couple things we wanted to do at the Studios,,, so we up and left and went back to there where we caught the "Animal Actors on Stage" show, which was a waste of time.

It's one of those shows you forget how it was,, until you are watching it again,, and then you realize why you forgot how it went. It's up there with watcing goldfish races... in a bowl!
I hate that. You see a movie in the TV guide and think, "Oh, yeah. I've always wanted to see that." Then you take the time to watch it only to realize halfway through that a) You've already seen it and b) it's lousy.

Quote:
turned out the little kid they got to come up and "help" them, couldn't speak English. it was kind of funny then to watch the cast members when they realized their error.
Heh. That would be fun.

Quote:
It's like when the animals at stunt shows aren't in the mood to do the tricks they are supposed to do,,,(see Thumper's Report).
That's just what it reminded me of.

Quote:
Now, I admit , I was NOT the best choice they could have made when they picked me for the Indy Stunt Show at Hollywood Studios last year,,, but I do know one thing,,,

I wasn't BORING!
Nope! I'll give you that one. You're never boring!

Quote:
But we had to do SOMETHING.
We rode Dudley this time and got "medium Wet".
Is that like being "a little bit pregnant"?

Quote:
thats's when I saw the guy step into the Orgasmatron.

Yes,, I know,, I used this joke early at the airport,,,but this even LOOKED like the real thing!
So how exactly do you know what a real Orgasmatron looks like?

Don't answer that!!! There are some things that the world is not prepared to know.

Quote:
Hey, I didn't say this was a GOOD thing!
You can say that again!

But don't.

Quote:
I wanted in,,,,
Say what?

Quote:
just not with him!
Okay. I thought I'd just learned a little something extra about you there.

Quote:
And I'm thinking,,, 5 dollars? Thats not so bad.
For what I'm looking at? What we are talking about?
Heck 900 number costs more than that to just connect.

Quote:
Yes,, it would have been stupid to change into wet clothes when we were already that way.
Reasonable.

Quote:
No, no fights this time,, just a lot of fun singing along,, kidding with the piano players. And you know what? This is very much like Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk, where they also have dueling pianos.
Haven't been to either... but it sounds like a blast.

Quote:
Mainly,,, they don't charge 20 bucks cover just to get inside!
$10 a pop... just to walk in? Geez, if the entertainment's good, you're going to stick around anyway and order food and drinks, right?

Quote:
On Tuesdays, (today)
Didn't we cover this already?

Quote:
they not only have TWO fancy drinks,,, Hurricanes or whatever,,, for the price of one,,, but also,
TWO Appetizers for the price of one,,, we had dinner there that night with them, singing and drinking along! It was great!
Like I said. Sounds like a blast. Now I wanna go.

Quote:
But of all that they had to offer,,,welll,,,
as was once said in a movie that's in my top ten,,,,
"she chose poorly".
Really? I thought the first one was great... the second one was abysmal... the third one was just 'pretty good'.

Quote:
After a couple hours of this, we went on back to our room to get ready for an early exit tomorrow, not quite sure how itj's going to work out and I'll exlain in the next chapter.
Okay, I'll just sit here until you do.

Quote:
But as much as I hate to leave our King Bed Suite,,,,Home is calling,
we are going back to Caribbean Beach baby!
Okay! And thanks for the chapter! :

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #1250
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post

I did some googling and couldn't find out much about that albatross. But I did find out that Jimmy Buffet also had one and it's on display in Orlando. Apparently he and Bono (of U2 fame) were taking off from Jamaica when they were shot at by the local police who mistook them for drug runners.

:
PLEASE! come back to jamaica!!! we made a big mistaka!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #1251
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I got so far behind again! I had to stop in mid-catch up to tip my had to you yet again Ponzerooni. Exemplary work my friend.
Thanks Shanoopie. :

I'm not sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Nebo doesn't share your enthusiasm for fine art.

Not sure why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
oh, sure, blame me for choosing the wing sauce. lol I DO believe we discussed it. and thought, well, it's different, let's try it. then, after tasting them, I remembered we made the same mistake last time! and I said "nebo, write it in your little ntebook so we don't forget, we don't like it!"

and another Oh! we were going to share ALL the appetizers all along. what do you mean "your" mushrooms and onion rings",... hhmmmm?
Message for Nebo: What was that you said earlier about a woman's corn?

Quote:
there's plenty for kids to do at DIsney; it's ok to have some things just for adults.

ouch! boy, those flames are hot! sorry, I know most of you still have kiddos.
Yup.... but I agree with you 100%. After wading through screaming kids all day, it's nice to find a quiet spot sans rugrats.

Quote:
I love the whole atmosphere at City walk. the flashing lights, the music and music videos outside,
The dozens and dozens of people having seizures from said flashing lights...

Quote:
the last time the area was kinda walled off cause of a private party at Pat oBriens, and the performers were inside the area. and some employee/ guard/Barney Fife told us we couldn't look......

really we were just standing there looking over the half wall and she came over and said "this is a private party" us "ok, we aren't inside." "no you have to go away" "um, no we have to stay outside the walled area we are." so she stood in front of us with her back to u s. to block our view! and we moved over a couple feet and took a picture. that really got her mad. it was really funny! "you can't LOOK!"
Funny story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
pkondz: I completely agree with your vacation choice reasoning. Sounds tres magnifique!
Thanks Monica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdog718 View Post
I've been reading some of your old trip reports and of course this one. One question it seems everytime you go to Florida you get hurt. Have you tried getting hurt like 6 months before you go?
Whoa. That's some lurking. Been here since '02 with only 2 posts.

Impressive.

This will be my 4999th post. Maybe I talk too much?

Nahhh.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1121 View Post
Pkondz, your trip sounds amazing! I would love to read a TR about it, maybe not on the DIS but somewhere. Your girls will love it! I have been to Rome, Florence, and the Umbrian countryside in Italy, but I haven't been to Venice, Paris, or Germany. They are all on my bucket list though.
Thanks! I'd write a TR... but wouldn't have a clue where to do it! This is home and without a trip to Disney Paris I can't post here.

And no, that still doesn't mean I'm going to go there.

Quote:
I agree about getting caught up in Jurassic Park, but there are three other movies that I find myself watching if I see they are on.....Shawshank Redemption,
own it...

Quote:
Forrest Gump
own it...

Quote:
and Groundhog Day.
and own it. And I own maybe a dozen movies, tops.

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 02-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #1252
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Thanks! I'd write a TR... but wouldn't have a clue where to do it! This is home and without a trip to Disney Paris I can't post here.
Wonder if you could get away with it in the Community Board.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #1253
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
This will be my 4999th post. Maybe I talk too much?

Nahhh.......
Well compared to me, not really. Now us compared to others, we sure as heck don't talk that much.

What's that? How do I know I talk more than you when you have more posts than me?

Simple. You've been a member since 3/2007 (or 59 months). I've been a member since 7/2009 (or 44 months). If you divide the number of posts you have, by the number of months you've been a member; you're averaging 84.72 posts per month. Now if we take the amount of posts I have and divide that number by the number of months I've been a member; I'm averaging 97.20 posts per month.

So no, you really don't talk that much.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #1254
smidgy
dimples

ponzie, you just HAVE to post your 5000th post here!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #1255
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And no, that still doesn't mean I'm going to go there.
For what it's worth, I wouldn't go to Disneyland Paris either, no way, no how. There are just way too many other amazing things to see, do and experience. I can remember standing in the Roman Coliseum and being awed by just how ancient the structure I was standing in was. It hit me like a ton of bricks that this was history and our "New World" is just that.....pretty new and shiny!

You are doing right Pkondz by just being there, seeing what you should see, and experiencing it all with your family.

I still wish I could read a TR about though because I have a hunch it would be amazing!

Quote:

own it...

own it...

and own it. And I own maybe a dozen movies, tops.
I knew I liked you but now I have further confirmation as to why. You have great taste in good movies!
buzz1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:56 PM   #1256
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Hang on, I'll explain in a second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Wonder if you could get away with it in the Community Board.
I dunno, I'd have to look and see if anyone else has done anything like that. But I gotta admit, it'd feel a bit weird doing a non-Disney TR on the DIS.

Kinda sacrilegious, ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
What's that? How do I know I talk more than you when you have more posts than me?

Simple. You've been a member since 3/2007 (or 59 months). I've been a member since 7/2009 (or 44 months). If you divide the number of posts you have, by the number of months you've been a member; you're averaging 84.72 posts per month. Now if we take the amount of posts I have and divide that number by the number of months I've been a member; I'm averaging 97.20 posts per month.

So no, you really don't talk that much.
Interesting... So that proves it then... we spend way too much time on here!

Now would you care to do a word count? Hmmmmm?????.....

Actually it'd be pretty close there too, I think.

Quote:
For what it's worth, I wouldn't go to Disneyland Paris either, no way, no how. There are just way too many other amazing things to see, do and experience. I can remember standing in the Roman Coliseum and being awed by just how ancient the structure I was standing in was. It hit me like a ton of bricks that this was history and our "New World" is just that.....pretty new and shiny!

You are doing right Pkondz by just being there, seeing what you should see, and experiencing it all with your family.
Yup. You get it.

Quote:
I still wish I could read a TR about though because I have a hunch it would be amazing!
Well, T-Man had a possible work around for that. I'll look into it.

Quote:
I knew I liked you but now I have further confirmation as to why. You have great taste in good movies!
As do you, my dear.

Quote:
ponzie, you just HAVE to post your 5000th post here!!!

And thus the reason for the fireworks. There's no way, no how I would even consider posting my 5000th post anywhere else but here.

Especially considering how many of those 5000 posts happened on yours and Nebo's TRs.

And thanks to you both for putting up with me and my shenanigans!

Putting up? Doesn't that sound like a golf stroke? But puting up would be raising up a Russian president....

thanks for enduring me and my shenanigans.

The funny thing though? By the time anyone reads this, my post count will already be above 5K. I have to head over now and start the voting on the caption contest thread!

On second thought.... let the voting start late. I'm basking here! I'm basking here!

(awright T-Man, Nebo and anyone else who wants to give it a go.... what's the paraphrased line from?)

Last edited by pkondz; 02-28-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 AM   #1257
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz

Hang on, I'll explain in a second...

I dunno, I'd have to look and see if anyone else has done anything like that. But I gotta admit, it'd feel a bit weird doing a non-Disney TR on the DIS.

Kinda sacrilegious, ya know?

Interesting... So that proves it then... we spend way too much time on here!

Now would you care to do a word count? Hmmmmm?????.....

Actually it'd be pretty close there too, I think.

Yup. You get it.

Well, T-Man had a possible work around for that. I'll look into it.

As do you, my dear.

And thus the reason for the fireworks. There's no way, no how I would even consider posting my 5000th post anywhere else but here.

Especially considering how many of those 5000 posts happened on yours and Nebo's TRs.

And thanks to you both for putting up with me and my shenanigans!

Putting up? Doesn't that sound like a golf stroke? But puting up would be raising up a Russian president....

The funny thing though? By the time anyone reads this, my post count will already be above 5K. I have to head over now and start the voting on the caption contest thread!
Congrats on the post count Ponzi. I couldn't think of a better place to celebrate!! I can't speak for all but I know I have enjoyed said shenanigans, and um sure there are plenty more to come. I mean, this TR ain't over yet!!!

Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland

We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets
Thumper_Man's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:06 AM   #1258
smidgy
dimples

yay!! congrats on 5000!!!!

and thanks for giving us the honor!!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #1259
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
On second thought.... let the voting start late. I'm basking here! I'm basking here!

(awright T-Man, Nebo and anyone else who wants to give it a go.... what's the paraphrased line from?)
Well since you said paraphrased, my first guess is Midnight Cowboy.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #1260
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Quote:

Awesomeness! Congratulations! Pretty cool accomplishment.
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: