Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #2626
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'll be back with replies and answers to the private messages. I need to get a file organized for court tomorrow.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #2627
disneylvr4vr
Counting down the days until DISNEY!!!

Hey lisa! I've mostly been a lurker on your trip report, but i'm ready to come out of the shadows! Sad to see your trip is coming to a close , but im glad that you had a great trip! The party looked like it was a fun party, enjoyed by all! The knapsacks are really cute, i might have to check them out in the future!

I can't wait until we are!!!
WDW-FEB 2008 POR*SEP 2009 POR*FEB 2013 POR*DL-SEP 2011(offsite)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #2628
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I love all of the food and food court pictures. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be there in a month, but who knows!!

Can't wait for the next update, but don't want your TR to end. But at least I know you'll have a PTR for the next trip starting soon after!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 02-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #2629
ChattaAlley
DIS Veteran

Loving this TR most of all....I feel as if I am doing all this with you... - thats the sign of a good story teller.

I hope you are thinking about making this into a book of sorts. I think it would be so great to have it so your kids can see or to use as reference for anyone wanting to get into this program.

Keep up the good work.

With a little bit of PixieDust anything is possible . . .
Old 02-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #2630
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC423 View Post
Hey Lisa!

After my initial post all the waaaay back on pg4 I became a pretty bad DISer. I subscribed to your TR and kept telling myself to catch up but never sat down to do so. Well I sat down today and boy do I have A LOT of catching up to do. I'm currently up to your first day at MK! Just wanted to say sorry about the cruise but I love the fact that you were so refreshingly honest about it. .

I haven't read ahead so I hope you are all doing well. I decided to stop my TR, I just can't seem to find the time to sit down and write it with all I have going on this semester.

I did notice your ticker and imagine my surprise it looks like we will be at POR at the same time (our 1st time there as well), so maybe I'll see you around!

I'll post some more later as I keep reading!
It's good to "see" you again! Initially, we thought that we'd never cruise again but, now, after some more thought, we may just try it again in May, 2014.

Really? We'll be at POR at the same time? When I start my pre-trip report, we'll have to see if our schedules will allow a meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittypatBR View Post
Aw, Lisa, you are an amazing party planner. I can see why people would pay you to do it for them! You just HAD to get the Duck Commander party! Everything looked great, and you really went the extra mile. I am sure your friends and family just love it when you throw a party! Thanks for sharing the pics - I have been looking forward to them ever since I saw that you won the party. It was nice to see Mama, too. I am sitting in front of the TV and they just said the guys from Duck Commander would be on the late show. Guess that's why they weren't around for your party!

You seem to be a good companion for Hunter's driving. My mother was terrible - it made her way too nervous, so she told my dad he had to teach me. Of course, I was trying to learn in a stick shift car, so that was a lot to think about at once!

I am enjoying the TR as always. It definitely makes it harder to get around when the rain keeps starting and stopping like that. Hope it got better after lunch.
I was so excited about getting chosen as hostess! We had so much fun! Mama tends to act silly when she gets around us. Can't imagine why?

I try not to stress too much when Hunter's driving. Like I said, he said that his dad "makes my pits sweat" so I'm trying to give him the oppostive feeling when we go driving.

I remember learning to drive a stick shift! It's the reason that I still drive with two feet. One on the gas and one on the brake. Not the safest driving but it's how I learned. I also learned to drive in a cow pasture though.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #2631
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
What a fun looking party! We are big Duck Dynasty fans. Small world-my DH went to college with Korie and Willie. Can't wait for the new episode tonight
That's too cool! I bet he remembers Willie without a beard!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #2632
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Sorry to butt in Lisa...

Angie, so happy to hear you have a cruise booked for 2014!
Not butting in at all!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #2633
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Yes! I booked it last week...May 15-18. We're doing 3 nights just to see how we like it. I'm nervous but really excited to try something new!

I'm so glad that you are thinking about giving the cruise another try!! Fingers crossed that you can talk John into it!!

Thanks Missy!!! We're so excited!! I've already been researching like crazy and we still have over a year to go.
Well shoot! If we do book, we'll have to book a little later in May because of the end of school.

I'm so excited for ya'll!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #2634
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I just read an article on CNN that named Disney Cruise line the best in almost every category. I'll see if I can find it!

ETA: Here it is! Disney tops cruise ship rankings

Absolutely!!!
I read that same article! John said that if we cruise again, it'll definitely be with Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Lisa that looks like a great party! I agree with the others-you should be a party planner!
Thanks! We had such a good time!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #2635
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylvr4vr View Post
Hey lisa! I've mostly been a lurker on your trip report, but i'm ready to come out of the shadows! Sad to see your trip is coming to a close , but im glad that you had a great trip! The party looked like it was a fun party, enjoyed by all! The knapsacks are really cute, i might have to check them out in the future!
Welcome to the sunlight! Seriously, glad to see you posting!

Never fear! I have a pre-trip report starting immediately after this report wraps up.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #2636
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I love all of the food and food court pictures. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be there in a month, but who knows!!

Can't wait for the next update, but don't want your TR to end. But at least I know you'll have a PTR for the next trip starting soon after!
And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #2637
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattaAlley View Post
Loving this TR most of all....I feel as if I am doing all this with you... - thats the sign of a good story teller.

I hope you are thinking about making this into a book of sorts. I think it would be so great to have it so your kids can see or to use as reference for anyone wanting to get into this program.

Keep up the good work.
Hey! I've always been one who wrote everything with a lot of detail and I sometimes wonder if I chat too much. It's good to hear that you're enjoying the report.

Once I finish up the report, I'll be moving on to my pre-trip report. Hope you'll come along for the ride.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #2638
disneylvr4vr
Counting down the days until DISNEY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown

Welcome to the sunlight! Seriously, glad to see you posting!

Never fear! I have a pre-trip report starting immediately after this report wraps up.
Great to hear!

I can't wait until we are!!!
WDW-FEB 2008 POR*SEP 2009 POR*FEB 2013 POR*DL-SEP 2011(offsite)

Old 02-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #2639
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa
You throw a great party!!! The food looked delicious and the decorations were great!! Did you send A&E some of the pictures??? You should!!

The food court at CB is really relaxing!!

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 02-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #2640
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Looks like it was a great party! I have absolutely zero interest in hunting, so I doubt I'd be much into Duck Dynasty.

What a nice relaxing meal. I like it!

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: