Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Paying for Late Checkout?

Hi. I read a lot of the threads regarding late checkouts, but I didn't see anything about paying for a late check out.

I have the YouFirst and Hard Rock Rewards (free one). But it looks like if they offer using the rewards it's more based on availability.

What I'm asking (hopefully, it make sense) is that would I be able to inquire now or at check in if I can pay for a late checkout?

Is this even an option - to prepay for a late checkout?

Thanks for any info and suggestions.
dvcdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcdisney View Post
Hi. I read a lot of the threads regarding late checkouts, but I didn't see anything about paying for a late check out.

I have the YouFirst and Hard Rock Rewards (free one). But it looks like if they offer using the rewards it's more based on availability.

What I'm asking (hopefully, it make sense) is that would I be able to inquire now or at check in if I can pay for a late checkout?

Is this even an option - to prepay for a late checkout?

Thanks for any info and suggestions.
You have to call and ask for a late checkout. They will tell you the time you can stay until. It won't cost extra. However, it is only a couple of hours late, not an extended period of time.

What most people do is pack up and have bell services store their stuff. Then they don't have to worry about getting back at any specific time.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
You have to call and ask for a late checkout. They will tell you the time you can stay until. It won't cost extra. However, it is only a couple of hours late, not an extended period of time.

What most people do is pack up and have bell services store their stuff. Then they don't have to worry about getting back at any specific time.
Thanks so much for your response. I was hoping to get something more definitive for instance - a guaranteed reservation for a late checkout. I wouldn't mind paying for it. I would like the extra time in the room for showers, getting dressed etc after pool time.

Packing up and just have bell services store our luggage was our plan, but I figured that if there's a possibility to have late checkout (based on rewards), it may be possible to pay for it. But I see what you mean. If it's not a chargeable service, then it can't be reserved ahead of time.

Thanks again for the quick response.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcdisney View Post
Thanks so much for your response. I was hoping to get something more definitive for instance - a guaranteed reservation for a late checkout. I wouldn't mind paying for it. I would like the extra time in the room for showers, getting dressed etc after pool time.

Packing up and just have bell services store our luggage was our plan, but I figured that if there's a possibility to have late checkout (based on rewards), it may be possible to pay for it. But I see what you mean. If it's not a chargeable service, then it can't be reserved ahead of time.

Thanks again for the quick response.
I'm platinum level in you first and I don't think I've ever been given more than 2 or 3 hours extra for a late check-out.

Lots of people use the showers down by the pool to clean up and get ready to head home when they are leaving late. At the other hotels, sometimes you can also use the facilities at the fitness area and their showers for free. I'm not sure what the scoop is now at the Hard Rock where they seem to be changing their privilege program.

Here's a thread that might help you. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47187159

Last edited by damo; 02-25-2013 at 08:50 AM.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
I'm platinum level in you first and I don't think I've ever been given more than 2 or 3 hours extra for a late check-out.

Lots of people use the showers down by the pool to clean up and get ready to head home when they are leaving late. At the other hotels, sometimes you can also use the facilities at the fitness area and their showers for free. I'm not sure what the scoop is now at the Hard Rock where they seem to be changing their privilege program.

Here's a thread that might help you. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47187159
Thanks Damo!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

We recently stayed at HRH and there was a notice in the room that we could request late checkout and that there would be a charge for it.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #7
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
We recently stayed at HRH and there was a notice in the room that we could request late checkout and that there would be a charge for it.
Did you happen to remember the cost and for how long?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

If only I could remember. Alas, we weren't having a good stay (the parks were great, but it turns out that HRH is not our style) and had no interest in being there longer, so all I remember is seeing the notice and scoffing at it.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: