Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #226
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

The sleigh ride looks fun and that AoA pictures were out of this world.

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Old 02-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #227
Susycakes
Earning My Ears

Wow..I'm just a lurker and never post but I just wanted to say that your daughter is soo pretty and I love the dresses!! Seriously do u make any for sale? You need an etsy shop! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous !!
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #228
Yzerbear19
I'm beautifully tragic - Elphaba (Wicked)

Great photos! Love the photos from Under the Sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

IMG_7120 by mom2rtk, on Flickr
I am so bummed that they tamed Ariel's hair! I LOVED her hair at Disneyland's version when we went in January 2012. Though I think they changed it there as well to the less wild hair.

Here was her hair from CA Adventure, January 2012:

Old 02-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #229
singastory
Are you sure this water's sanitary? It looks questionable to me!!

I think I posted on one of your previous trip reports, but can't remember for sure. I've been a long-time lurker! I just had to join everyone and say, WOW!!!! Katie is still only 12?? She looks so much more grown up this year, I can't believe it! I can't wait for some dress-up pictures!

Old 02-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #230
YodasMom
Holy Cow!! 741!!
Been there, done that...and lost sleep! Yuk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzerbear19 View Post
I am so bummed that they tamed Ariel's hair! I LOVED her hair at Disneyland's version when we went in January 2012. Though I think they changed it there as well to the less wild hair.
I did the Lunch with the Imagineer at Brown Derby last month and the Imagineer at our lunch was the project manager for the New Fantasyland at WDW. Someone asked him about Ariel's hair. He confirmed that the change in her hair at DL has already probably been made, as well, to reflect her hair in the new MK attraction. No more "dairy whip"!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #231
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I LOVE your pictures from Wilderness Lodge. GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

It makes me want to go at Christmas time again and get all the pictures I missed out on.

And now I want to take the carriage ride after seeing your pictures. You keep making me spend more and more money! LOL You did a fabulous job though, even on a moving carriage in the dark.
I love the AoA tree. They had just put it up the day we were leaving (actually it was up the night before when we came back late). And I was really excited to see the white too. It really fits the resort.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #232
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
The sleigh ride looks fun and that AoA pictures were out of this world.
Thanks Mike! The sleigh ride really was very enjoyable. I highly recommend it. But DANG those campers with the Mickey in the teacups inflatable! They are $240 on Ebay. Don't ask how I know that...... OK, just kidding. I didn't buy one. But I sure looked. And I'm awfully tempted.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susycakes View Post
Wow..I'm just a lurker and never post but I just wanted to say that your daughter is soo pretty and I love the dresses!! Seriously do u make any for sale? You need an etsy shop! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous !!
Thanks so much for the kind words and out of lurkdom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzerbear19 View Post

Here was her hair from CA Adventure, January 2012:
LOL, thank you so much for pointing that out. What a RIOT her hair is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singastory View Post
I think I posted on one of your previous trip reports, but can't remember for sure. I've been a long-time lurker! I just had to join everyone and say, WOW!!!! Katie is still only 12?? She looks so much more grown up this year, I can't believe it! I can't wait for some dress-up pictures!
Hi! So glad you found us over here! And yes, Katie is merely 12. We have a ways to go still. It was a year of big change at our house. All for the better of course. Well, sort of. I'm not sure if any parent of a near-teen would believe it was ALL good....... But mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodasMom View Post
I did the Lunch with the Imagineer at Brown Derby last month and the Imagineer at our lunch was the project manager for the New Fantasyland at WDW. Someone asked him about Ariel's hair. He confirmed that the change in her hair at DL has already probably been made, as well, to reflect her hair in the new MK attraction. No more "dairy whip"!
What an amazing lunch that must have been. I've been really tempted to try that myself sometime. And thanks for confirming the hair for us. I'm not sure which I like better. I think the "dairy whip" is fun, but the other one looks floaty too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I LOVE your pictures from Wilderness Lodge. GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

It makes me want to go at Christmas time again and get all the pictures I missed out on.

And now I want to take the carriage ride after seeing your pictures. You keep making me spend more and more money! LOL You did a fabulous job though, even on a moving carriage in the dark.
I love the AoA tree. They had just put it up the day we were leaving (actually it was up the night before when we came back late). And I was really excited to see the white too. It really fits the resort.
Thanks Jen! Always happy to help you spend your money! You really would love the carriage ride. Kaite still lists it as one of her favorite trip moments.

You know we've been at Christmas many times now. And I still have things I haven't gotten to. Every time I say I'm going to make it to the Yacht and Beach club to see the chocolate decorations there. But so far no go. I guess I'll just be happy to mark "Wilderness Lodge and Carriage ride at Christmas" off my "Disney to do" list after this trip. It just gets harder and harder to do new things. It seems no matter how long we stay, our time is taken up with all those "can't miss" regular things from prior years.

I'm glad you at least got to see the white tree at AoA. It really was beautiful.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #233
nannye
DIS Veteran

The wilderness lodge pics are awesome! The sleigh ride looks like so much fun

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #234
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Just catching up...love all the Magic Kingdom pictures!! Especially of Ariel's corner of New Fantasyland - her castle is my favorite. The WL christmas decorations are so pretty too!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #235
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
The wilderness lodge pics are awesome! The sleigh ride looks like so much fun

Thanks Erin! The sleigh ride was just the sort of new thing I was hoping to add on this trip.

We added another great "new thing" on our next day. Which is coming soon, I promose......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Just catching up...love all the Magic Kingdom pictures!! Especially of Ariel's corner of New Fantasyland - her castle is my favorite. The WL christmas decorations are so pretty too!
Thanks! I loved Eric's castle too. (But we can call it Ariel's castle if you want. It's her ride inside!) The view of that castle with the brilliant blue sky behind it was just breathtaking.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #236
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

A few scenes from around my neck of the woods today:

Orange Bird is NOT Happy! by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7261 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7275 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7279 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_7290 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

OK, I MIGHT have crouched down really low to make that pile of snow appear even worse than it is. But it's still pretty darn big..........
Old 02-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #237
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

man we could sure use some of that moisture, maybe you can box it up and ship it our way

Sadly we are still in drought mode here

With all that snow you and katie should attemp a mickey snowman
Old 02-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #238
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

If I have to shovel snow one more time this week I am going to scream! What happened to Global Warming? Where are you Al Gore?

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Old 02-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #239
iwish81792
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh, I have the same antenna topper and it looks the same over here in New York! Too funny. I bet most of the people who have the Orange Bird are in the same position

and just around the corner is a Fantasyland!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #240
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! I am so glad the snow skipped us. We've had some rain and a lot of wind these past few days but luckily that's it!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: