Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #16
DLgal
DIS Veteran

I love both, but I'd pick YC. Absolutely. No question.

I always laugh at the "lack of a counter service" complaints about YC/BC. Really? Last I checked, there were no less than about 10 places to get food within walking distance of the resort, including TWO CS locations on property, as well as the Ale & Compass Lounge Grab and Go b-fast option. In addition, if you want a hot breakfast, the Captain's Grill offers a very good buffet breakfast for around $15/person.

Or, you can take that $200 you will save by staying at YC and order room service breakfast every morning!

Try the YC. You will probably love it.

My last stay at WL was rather disappointing, and I love that resort. Unfortunately, I stayed at the Beach Club twice and now I'm hooked on the Epcot resort area.
DLgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #17
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydavid7771 View Post
Stayed at both and love them both! I'd pick YC. One, it's 200 bucks more in your pocket. Two, YC is in a much better location with walking distance between two parks as well as a plethora of great restaurants too!
Gets my vote as well, great dining options, wonderful pool & you can walk into EPCOT (doesn't get any better for us)
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #18
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLgal View Post
I always laugh at the "lack of a counter service" complaints about YC/BC. Really? Last I checked, there were no less than about 10 places to get food within walking distance of the resort, including TWO CS locations on property, as well as the Ale & Compass Lounge Grab and Go b-fast option. In addition, if you want a hot breakfast, the Captain's Grill offers a very good buffet breakfast for around $15/person.
Yes, really, because believe it or not, there are some of us that think the YC/BC is lacking in CS options for what we are looking for and feel there isn't the variety (especially for breakfast) like that of the other deluxe resorts. We aren't grab-n-go muffin, donut, etc. type people for breakfast, so Ale & Compass Lounge wouldn't meet our needs. And yes, Captain's Grill is an option, but for a sit down TS breakfast, not a quick CS breakfast. My family likes a hot breakfast every day, but doesn't want to do a sit down every day, so the options are limited, IMO.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #19
linkelly
Earning My Ears

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm definitely leaning towards YC, but have to convince others. I have forwarded this thread.

linkelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: