Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #316
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108

Thanks OCC---I appreciate your response. This helps in figuring out our day.

I also posted this question on Fodors & Tripadvisor, and the responses seem all over the board so I'll just have to figure it out when we get there.
We booked our tickets online for pick up. We pick up our tickets and can tour the main areas of the Colosseum and Forum afterwards. Apparently, I could have purchased our tickets to print at home and then called to add the underground tour and could have toured beforehand.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #317
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
We booked our tickets online for pick up. We pick up our tickets and can tour the main areas of the Colosseum and Forum afterwards. Apparently, I could have purchased our tickets to print at home and then called to add the underground tour and could have toured beforehand.
Thanks!

2 days ago, my DH called the colosseum office to ask, actually, about booking the tour on the phone.

We didn't book yet but let's just say that there was alot of Italiano-english screaming on his part at 1am PST.

Didn't work out that well.

After we decide on a tour time he'll have to call back later to scream our credit card number into the phone.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #318
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
When did you pick it? I have not even booked the DCL transport. Guess I need to figure out how to do that.
After we did the on-line check-in.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #319
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
After we did the on-line check-in.
Do you know if Port Arrival times matter for the Med cruise?

All aboard time is 5pm....and we're thinking of getting there after lunch.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #320
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post

I'm not sure if it matters. The option was there, so we took the earliest time available
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #321
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Vatican cleared to resume credit-card, ATM transactions

Just in case if anyone was wondering whether the Vatican City will be taking any credit-card transactions and if the ATM machines are working again.

I found this article in:

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/...?storyid=17047

The Vatican Museums have resumed accepting credit-card transactions, and ATM machines in Vatican City are working again, after the Vatican reached an agreement with a Swiss firm to process the bank-card transactions.

The Swiss Aduno group agreed to process bank-card transactions at Vatican locations, breaking a stalemate that had occurred when Italian banking officials refused to handle the transactions, claiming that the Vatican has failed to meet new European standards to prevent money-laundering.

The Vatican, which has worked for months to meet European banking standards, was caught off guard by a January 1 announcement that Italys central bank would no longer process bank-card transactions from the Vatican. The Vatican had hoped to persuade Italian officials that new internal controls have satisfied the immediate concerns of security officials, and Deutsche Bank Italiawhich had handled bank-card transactions inside the Vaticanshould be allowed to resume processing those transactions. The agreement with Aduno apparently resolves the problem, however.

The freeze on credit-card and ATM transactions had complicated life for tourists at the Vatican and cut into sales at the Vatican Museums, post office, and other shops. The resort to cash-only business reportedly cost the Vatican roughly $40,000 a day.
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #322
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

I am all registered for Rick Steves spring Travel Festival.

You are confirmed for the following on Saturday, April 6, 2013:

> Packing Light and Right - 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m., Edmonds Center for the Arts (5 people)
> Italy - 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., Edmonds Center for the Arts (5 people)
> Greece - 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m., Edmonds Theater (5 people)
> Provence and the French Riviera - 2:15 p.m. - 3:45 p.m., Edmonds Theater (5 people)
Old 02-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #323
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJackJunior View Post

> Packing Light and Right - 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m., Edmonds Center for the Arts (5 people)
> Provence and the French Riviera - 2:15 p.m. - 3:45 p.m., Edmonds Theater (5 people)
I wish I could do this, but there is no way that weekend. . Hopefully they will stream them again. Would really like to see the Provence talk
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #324
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJackJunior View Post

Nice If you get some good tips, please share them here
Old 02-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #325
suzysharp
Mouseketeer

I have to say I'm super excited about the fact that I can start booking my excursions on Sunday!!! My question is where are you finding the excursions ahead of time so we can look at list? Thanks!!!

91 - Disney Inn, 96 - Yacht Club, 98 - Boardwalk, 00(twice) - Wilderness Lodge, 04 - Wilderness Lodge, 05 - Saratoga Springs, 06 - Boardwalk Villas, Apr 08 - Animal Kingdom Villas, Nov 09 - Saratoga Springs, May 10 - Boardwalk Villas, Nov 10 - Boardwalk Villas, May 11 - Sequoia Lodge (DLP), Dec/Jan 11 - Boardwalk Villas, Jan 12 - Disneyland Hotel, Nov 12 - Boardwalk Villas, Feb 13 -Disney Wonder & Vero Beach, May/June 13 - ABD Barcelona & Disney Magic, Nov/Dec 13 - Saratoga Springs, Jan 14 - Boardwalk Villas, May 14 - Hotel NY (DLP), Jan 15 - Disney Magic, May 15 - Members Cruise to Alaska

2012 3 Caballeros' 5k - 1st race, 2012 Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Wine and Dine, 2012 C2C Competed!!!
2014 Minnie Mouse 10k
suzysharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #326
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzysharp View Post
I have to say I'm super excited about the fact that I can start booking my excursions on Sunday!!! My question is where are you finding the excursions ahead of time so we can look at list? Thanks!!!
Click on the port you want, then scroll down and change the overview tab to port adventures.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr.../europe/ports/
Old 02-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #327
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am aiming for mid afternoon

On to another question

What time do they open up for shore excursion booking at the 90 day window? Do I have to stay up all night and do this at midnight?
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #328
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
I am aiming for mid afternoon

On to another question

What time do they open up for shore excursion booking at the 90 day window? Do I have to stay up all night and do this at midnight?
I used to but now I'd rather just get up early the next day. I think since we're platinum it helps. If there's something you really want, I'd stay up til midnight.
BTW, that's midnight EST.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:48 AM   #329
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
I used to but now I'd rather just get up early the next day. I think since we're platinum it helps. If there's something you really want, I'd stay up til midnight.
BTW, that's midnight EST.
Are you already booked for your cruise, then?

It's so port intensive on this cruise---there's nothing we really *need.* We're skipping Palo this time around too.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:38 AM   #330
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you already booked for your cruise, then?

It's so port intensive on this cruise---there's nothing we really *need.* We're skipping Palo this time around too.
Yes but we can't book excursions until Apr 19. We're undecided on Palo/Formal night. Dh loves Palo but I think I'd rather pack light and skip all the formality. We'll be exhausted anyway. We haven't been on the Magic since 2010 and we miss Twice Charmed, can only be seen there. We might be too tired for that too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: